shape
carat
color
clarity

To wear or not to wear together...that is the question..

ojodeazul

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I just received my wedding band and I love it. Rose Gold eternity band with .10 stone all the way around. I was planning on just wearing it alone, since my ER is 3sided micro pave platinum halo, and I like it alone. But my friend all say they love it with my ER. Maybe I just don't like to mix metals (the RG is my favorite metal ever)...

any thoughts?

cmdwber.jpg

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I think that it looks nice together but I know what you mean about not liking to mix metals... my engagement ring is rhodium plated white gold and my school ring is unplated white gold... and I just dropped it off to get rhodium plated.

You can always mix it up, wear them on different hands or together when the mood strikes. You're not stuck one way or the other :)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love rose gold and that eternity band is gorgeous!

I'm a fan of all things non matchy-matchy and like mixing metals, so I would be happy to wear them both together. It may not be so easy to see the rose gold, anyway (it's hard to see in the photos) since it would be behind your e-ring and the vast majority of the eternity band is diamonds, anyway!

You mention the e-ring is 3-sided pave. Is it just the halo or the band, too? My only concern would be wearing a 3-sided pave band next to a shared prong eternity only because the diamonds on the e-ring might eat into the prongs/metal on the shared eternity. If it's just the halo that's 3-sided, then nevermind--it looks like the halo sits up high enough so that it doesn't rub the prongs of the eternity.

ojodeazul

Rough_Rock
NewEnglandLady said:
I love rose gold and that eternity band is gorgeous!

I'm a fan of all things non matchy-matchy and like mixing metals, so I would be happy to wear them both together. It may not be so easy to see the rose gold, anyway (it's hard to see in the photos) since it would be behind your e-ring and the vast majority of the eternity band is diamonds, anyway!

You mention the e-ring is 3-sided pave. Is it just the halo or the band, too? My only concern would be wearing a 3-sided pave band next to a shared prong eternity only because the diamonds on the e-ring might eat into the prongs/metal on the shared eternity. If it's just the halo that's 3-sided, then nevermind--it looks like the halo sits up high enough so that it doesn't rub the prongs of the eternity.

It is 3 sided the entire way around. I was contemplating getting a spacer if I wore them together, but they really don't touch. I have been wearing all day to see if I like it. You can barely see the RG except for the the bottom when you look down on my ring,

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I like them together! I like sets that aren't too matchy, and I think they look great. It's kind of hard to see the RG anyway (at least in that picture).

ojodeazul

Rough_Rock
merilenda|1308074228|2945738 said:
I like them together! I like sets that aren't too matchy, and I think they look great. It's kind of hard to see the RG anyway (at least in that picture).

You really cannot see the RG unless you look at the ring from the botton and or very closely. I love the band, I am just not sure if I want to wear it with my ER. As I love my ER as a stand alone.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
well it's good that they aren't rubbing together.

I would do what mrswahs suggested and just mix it up whenever you feel like it. Some days you can wear it together, other days you can wear the rings on separate hands. It's nice to have variety!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
they look good together~ but like newenglandlady said, you can always mix and match, wear how you feel like it that day. :bigsmile:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE them together. Just make sure you get a thin spacer to protect the rings :love:

ojodeazul

Rough_Rock
I have to find a very thin spacer that I like and I haven't been able to find one yet.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like 'em together!!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wear it together!!!

ojodeazul

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the great advice!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Only you can know how they feel together. They're very lovely--nice to have options!

cheers--Sharon

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I would wear them together.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I think they look wonderful together and would definitely wear them that way. With .10 pt stones, your eternity ring is substantial enough to be worn alone so it's nice to have options for those days that you just want to change things up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results