shape
carat
color
clarity

To urgrade or not to

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I have a .67 SI1 ( one small feather that is hidden under a prong) f colour no flor. I get comments all the time on it. However I have a chance to upgrade to a 1.20 Si1 (some carbon flaws) G colour. That will be fitted into a Vatche Xprong mount. However I ware .67 solitare only when I go out (normaly just ware my 1ct channel set band). I have small fingers 5 3/4 and would not want anthing to big. If I dont upgrade its a vaction to Purto Rico and Scotland (my husband is hispanic and Im scotish asian mix). Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pic is of my current ring.

bk _ring.jpg

recran

Rough_Rock
I''d want the upgrade, but that''s prolly cuz I''ve been to Scotland and am going to Puerto Rico in May.
28.gif
What''s more important to you: memories to last a lifetime or a rock that will last forever? Tough call....

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it sounds like you are more of an understated jewelry person (which i can totally relate to!) if you''re not going to wear it that often, why upgrade?

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I am a pretty understated jewelry person Of all my pieces I own I love my small mommy pendant.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I would be afraid that carbon would be visible to the naked eye. You only mentioned it''s bigger. If it''s not eyeclean, I wouldn''t do it. If you wouldn''t wear it, again, how much is it worth to you?

shay

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
If you won''t be wearing it too much, then I would spend it on the trip or something totally else. Also like Shay said, I would want to make sure the inclusions are not eye visible or are at least coverable by a prong.

Also, is the cut the same? I certainly wouldn''t upgrade in size to a worse cut diamond.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
My current stone is I think called a old mine cut or european cut it is from a bigger pendent from the 1920''s. The other stone is eyeclean you can see the carbon flaws only under 10x also the cut of the other diamond is a RB.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Never mind the upgrade my friend who is my jewler got in a wounderful plat ring that I ended up getting so I have new Bling and will go on my trip. oh the ring is a 1970''s style with yellow gold accents and set with a unique shaped Idolite. Will post pics when I get it in 2 days.
36.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the imput.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love ring. I think you have a gem!
2.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your comment Im now looking for a new mount for my solitare I looking maby towards a Vatache X prong mount I just wonder if the mount will over power the diamond? The one Im looking at is 4mm wide.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2005 9:37:21 AM
Author: angel_nieves

I just wonder if the mount will over power the diamond?
Some Vatche settings with different sizes of diamonds are lined up for comparison down here. The ones with half carat rounds look pretty good to me, and your diamond is larger...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results