shape
carat
color
clarity

to those owners of solitaire e-rings with wide bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lillei

Rough_Rock
Hi, everyone. I''m just curious to see what wr''s people are wearing with their wide band, solitaire e-rings. I''ve checked out the wr set thread, and unfortunately am not finding much of what I''m looking for, so I figured I''d give this a shot.

I personally own a princess solitaire, and everytime I''ve been wr hunting, each jeweler robotically whips out a single channel set princess band. Now, please don''t get me wrong...the combo together is absolutely beautiful, but seeing as I''ve been to about 15 jewelers, and that combo is practically the only one I''ve been shown, I just refuse to believe that this is my only option. Do any other owners of these e-rings feel this way? If any of you ladies have anything else, or even a slight variation, or even an idea...(gosh I feel desperate), can you please send them my way? Any help is appreciated...thanks!

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
Could we see a picture? I could be a lot more helpful if I could see it. That way I could imagine what would look best.

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
I have a wide(er) band (D. Vatche X-prong) and have found that a thin pave band looks best with it. I to, have gone into multiple stores and been offered a channel set band 1st thing. Just be sure to tell the salesperson that you want to see your other options-I guess that is the standard band of choice so they are just used to suggesting it...I even have them take apart sets so that I can see just the WB alone if they don't have any seperate
20.gif

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
I actually have a 6mm wide band and have been looking for a solitaire to accomapny it. I''ve actually run into the problem of jewelers telling me that my band is too wide. Even my mother says that my fingers are too thin for this wide band. I don''t know what to do but I do like the classic look of a solitaire and a plain band, no matter the width of the band.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I have an engagement ring that''s 4.5mm and a wedding band that''s 4mm so 8.5mm total. They''re both comfort fit so they''re very comfy.

topviewjb123.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of two really thin pave bands to flank either side of a wide band. It just helps the center to pop I think. MINE has a set that I think illustrates perfectly. I'm including the link. HTH link It's her avatar photo that I want you to see.

shay

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I have the D Vatche X-Prong setting and a D Vatche wedding band as well. (Not the w-ring that has the curve in it)

They are both comfort fit bands and are together approximately 7mm wide. I really like my set.
2.gif

My ring size is 6.25

You can see my original post with more pictures here: LINK

Maya

Ringe 102 (Medium).jpg

lillei

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much to those of you who replied!

Melinda, this is the first time I''m trying to do this, so bear with me...I have a few pics of the ring on this link, and may be able to take some better ones later. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-got-mine-posted.41539/

Diachi and Shay....great idea, I''ve yet to try pave, but I''ll let you know how it turns out...thanks!

LBug...I''m confused. Do you have a wide wr, and are looking for a solitaire to accompany it, or a wide e-ring and looking for a band to accompany it? Just curious, as maybe I can also offer some help to you. :)

Marriahlyn...Love your setting, but am thinking of a little more bling for myself...my FI and I are somewhat against upgrading in the future, (at least currently) because he wants me to have and love the same set forever. So being, that, I feel I should either go for the bling now, or forever be without! :)

Maya...love your set! It compliments one another so well.

Thanks again ladies, and please....keep those ideas coming!
36.gif

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
I have a 6mm wide plain wedding band and I''m looking for a solitaire to go with it. my ring size is 4.5 and I had yet 2 more friends tell me to just switch to a smaller band, about 3 mm and not to get anything too large diamond wise because it would overwhelm my finger. I like the cathedral settings but I''ve heard that they are taller than a tiffany setting. I guess I''d like something that''s classic, charming and nothing over a 1/2 carat. I also need a low setting, as I''m a Med.assistant and would like to be able to wear my "bling" all of the time without worrying about knocking it around too much. Thanks all. I have checked out the Under a carat thread and was impressed.

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
Here is the one I just got. It is 5mm. Semi bezel, tension look. I have very long fingers and slim bands get lost on me.
mynewring.jpg
mynewring1.jpg
Those are not my fingers in the photos.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Well, I have a princess solitare as well matched up with a princess channel wedding band, so I guess I have the "generic" ring you don''t want
2.gif
However, I''m a matchy-type person. Honestly, you can go with whatever wedding band you want! Just because a store pulls that type out first doesn''t mean its the only option. www.thefacetscollection has beautiful wider bands; probably more than any other website I''ve seen!

Good luck and please post pics!

Carrie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results