shape
carat
color
clarity

To split the shank, or not to split the shank...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Just wondering what others think: I noticed this setting on eBay this morning, and while I had planned to get this LOGR setting for my Dan Stair spinel, now I''m a bit torn.

Pros of the split shank: it''s a bit cheaper, appears a bit more dainty, and also appears to sit a mite lower than the LOGR. I like the split shank look.

Pros of the LOGR setting: it''s the one I originally wanted (with Lauren''s awesome yellow sapphire ring as my inspiration), I know I upgrade to insure the quality of the diamonds, and maybe split shanks will look dated/uncool?

Any other reactions? I''m kind of interested to hear people''s thoughts on jewe2004 vs. LOGR, even if you don''t care for either setting I like.
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For some reason, I like the Jewe2004 setting better. It seems more open and delicate, therefore it is very feminine. I like the LOGR as well, but for some reason that setting never struck me as the best workmanship in the LOGR line up. It seems a bit "clunky." I don''t know, perhaps someone can correct me on that. It''s all a matter of taste.

That being said, I never ordered a Jewe2004, but I''ve heard good things from the people who have.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I really like the split shank!

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
It''s certainly a matter of personal preference, but I like the split shank setting a lot better...not necessarily because it has a split shank (which I do love), but just because it is more delicate and has a prettier look in my opinion. The LOGR is nice too but, as Tourmaline said, it does appear a but clunky.

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
I agree with TL. I like the style of Jewe2004 better than the LOGR setting but would want to know more about Jewe2004. It appears they offer upgrade of setting/stones similar to LOGR. And their return pocity seems good. That said, the Jewe2004 setting is more delicate and would be my 1st choice.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I agree; the split shank setting just looks more delicate. I think it will work well with my pale purple spinel.

I''ll have to see if anyone knows anything about Jewe2004, positive or negative. I''d be willing to try it and see; return policy seems good. Just waiting for the tax refund...
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Split shank!!!!

ETA: Did you look at toolhaus?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like split shanks and their halo looks more delicate than the LOGR design.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Halo on the LOGR is too wide for a stone of that size and color IMO. Some deep garnet might work great in it, but I''d suggest a split shank for your stone.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone, for the input! I think I will go with the non-LOGR setting, since it''s clearly the winner here, and I do love the split shank. Like all of you have noted, the setting appears better-made. I asked the seller about upgrading the diamonds, so we''ll see. Can''t wait to get that spinel set...
36.gif

knitwit

Rough_Rock
I am planning on purchasing this same setting with upgraded full cut diamonds for my new asscher cut amethyst. I have been in contact with the seller and am just waiting for him to send me a revised invoice to pay. Not sure how long how long before I will receive but will post pics in my own thread when I do. Just wanted to let you know I love your choice of setting.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results