shape
carat
color
clarity

To reset diamonds or sell jewelry?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesarosa22

Rough_Rock

Here''s the long and short of it. I have an engagement ring and wedding band from a previous marriage. My ex-hubby and I are still friends and there''s no ill will between us. In addition, my current better half bought me a Facets eternity band in a size that fit me when I was skinny. Well, I had a baby and I''ll never get to wear that Facets band again! :) I also have a pair of diamond earrings that I''m not too fond of. One of those things that I HAD to have but then I don''t like the way it looks on me. I proposed the idea of resetting all the diamonds into a pendant/DBTY necklace and a pair of huggies. I also thought I should just try to sell them and use the money towards my current e-ring upgrade. What do you all think? And any suggestions for what kind of pendant???

As a side note, my current SO is fine with whatever I choose although I''m betting selling it to help contribute to my upgrade would be preferable! :)

Here are the photos of my rings/earrings. Sorry they are terrible...took them with my cell phone!

The e-ring has a .39 ct center and tcw of 1.0. The channel set wb has 11 diamonds .5 tcw. The facets eternity ring is 1.07 tcw 27 diamonds size 6.5. The earrings are tcw of 1.0.

22princesarosa22oldering2.jpg

princesarosa22

Rough_Rock
I apologize for the hairy knuckles and bad posting of pictures...not good at this.

22princesarosa22oldwb.jpg

princesarosa22

Rough_Rock
facets eternity band. Totally won''t let me post more than 1 photo at a time!

22princesarosa22facetsring.jpg

princesarosa22

Rough_Rock
from the facets website.

That''s it.

What do you think? Sell or reset? And how do you sell your old jewelry? Ebay?

22princesarosa22facetsweddingband.jpg

princesarosa22

Rough_Rock
Did I post this in the wrong forum? If so, does someone know how to move it to the right forum?

princesarosa22

Rough_Rock
Bump.

Anyone? I''m thinking a pair of huggies and a nice unique pendant. Any ideas of something that I could use a bunch of little stones for?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boy, thats a tough questions...its so hard to resell...you might try selling with a reserve so as long as you get what you
want then great. If you dont get what you want, then reset them. I'm not sure what you could get for them.
Facet items are pretty popular around here and those ear rings are pretty cute...Good luck with what you decide. It
would be a fun resetting project/projects.

I know there are some folks here on PS that have sold some stuff. Maybe they can tell you what their experience has
been.

BTW - I like the DBTY idea.

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
I'd check with signedpieces/we buy to get a selling price, and decide.
To produce $ for an upgrade I'd try DiamondBistro.com before Ebay, to avoid listing/selling fees. I sold a pair of studs w/o problems there. Good Luck.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd probably go for a DBY pendant with the earring and center stone for the ring.

The setting and wedding band.. up to you.

the Facet's ... I'd call them up and see if they'd be willing to work out a trade for you. You never know!

princesarosa22

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the info! I posted them for sale and whatever doesn't sell, I'll think up a resetting idea with them. I appreciate your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results