shape
carat
color
clarity

Titanium wedding + WG Engagement ring = Trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KYoungstarr

Rough_Rock
It''s early in the game, since my future fiancee has not even seen her engagement ring yet but that doesn''t keep me from planning ahead. Question is: She and I both love titanium for the wedding ring. How does titanium act when alongside WG? Will it wear away the WG?

Thanks again for all of your help. This thread has been a real help.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I have a white gold engagement ring and a titanium wedding ring and they are both fine. I''ve been wearing them for about six months now with no problems.

*M*

KYoungstarr

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick reply. And this is typical for a titanium next to a WG?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Yea, I think under normal conditions the two don''t hurt each other when they go together. I actually asked the same question when I got my wedding ring, so here is a link to that as well https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/titanium-wedding-ring-and-white-gold-e-ring.45610/. The person who answered my post is from Boone Rings, which works with titanium. One thing to be cautious of though, is the size of the ring. Titanium is very hard to resize and if you don''t get the right size the first time around, it''s sometimes hard to find someone to resize it and you might have to send it out. This is the current problem I am going through, so be careful to get the correct size. If your band is really wide, it might even be safe to go up about a half size, just in case.

*M*

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 1:50:26 PM
Author: poptart
Yea, I think under normal conditions the two don't hurt each other when they go together. I actually asked the same question when I got my wedding ring, so here is a link to that as well https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/titanium-wedding-ring-and-white-gold-e-ring.45610/. The person who answered my post is from Boone Rings, which works with titanium. One thing to be cautious of though, is the size of the ring. Titanium is very hard to resize and if you don't get the right size the first time around, it's sometimes hard to find someone to resize it and you might have to send it out. This is the current problem I am going through, so be careful to get the correct size. If your band is really wide, it might even be safe to go up about a half size, just in case.

*M*

Very true about the sizing issue. This reminds me of a story -- my good friend's parents both bought titanium wedding bands when they got married in the 70s. Thirty years (and many pounds) later, her mom needed to take off her wedding band to prepare for surgery. Well, she hadn't taken it off in so many years that it was STUCK and no amount of lotion, lubricant, or tugging would remove the ring. Then her husband got the bright idea to take a Dremmel (sp?) to it (one of thise mini handheld drills)
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
and it threw sparks like crazy. In the end, she had to have it permanently cut off of her hand using a special saw that cuts titanium. It was a sad day for her.

So, the moral of the story is, titanium lasts forever (but do you want it to?)
31.gif
LOL.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 2:03:48 PM
Author: Bunnifer

Date: 1/17/2007 1:50:26 PM
Author: poptart
Yea, I think under normal conditions the two don''t hurt each other when they go together. I actually asked the same question when I got my wedding ring, so here is a link to that as well https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/titanium-wedding-ring-and-white-gold-e-ring.45610/. The person who answered my post is from Boone Rings, which works with titanium. One thing to be cautious of though, is the size of the ring. Titanium is very hard to resize and if you don''t get the right size the first time around, it''s sometimes hard to find someone to resize it and you might have to send it out. This is the current problem I am going through, so be careful to get the correct size. If your band is really wide, it might even be safe to go up about a half size, just in case.

*M*

Very true about the sizing issue. This reminds me of a story -- my good friend''s parents both bought titanium wedding bands when they got married in the 70s. Thirty years (and many pounds) later, her mom needed to take off her wedding band to prepare for surgery. Well, she hadn''t taken it off in so many years that it was STUCK and no amount of lotion, lubricant, or tugging would remove the ring. Then her husband got the bright idea to take a Dremmel (sp?) to it (one of thise mini handheld drills)
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
and it threw sparks like crazy. In the end, she had to have it permanently cut off of her hand using a special saw that cuts titanium. It was a sad day for her.

So, the moral of the story is, titanium lasts forever (but do you want it to?)
31.gif
LOL.
EEK! That''s pretty much my worst fear about rings... having them be stuck so I can''t get them off. I am actually thinking of getting a thin platinum band or something that is more easily sizeable. I just don''t want to hurt DH''s feelings.

*M*

KYoungstarr

Rough_Rock
Thanks for both of your replies especially popTart. I read your thread and found Boone''s reply very informative, enough to strongly consider buying from him in a few months when the time comes.

Thanks again!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! Welcome to PS!! The only thing I would worry about is the color not macthing. Titanium does have a very different color than white gold. One of the options I was thinking of when I was looking around was getting a titanium band that ties the white gold color in...like they are very cool titanium bands that will have a white gold inlay...that way it kind of pulls the look together. Just thought i''d mention it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results