shape
carat
color
clarity

Titanium wedding ring and white gold e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I am new to this forum, and I had a couple of questions. I have read many of the posts on titanium wedding rings and still had a couple of specific questions about titanium and white gold. So any information would be really helpful... here are my questions:

1) I have found rings at titaniumrings.com and was wondering if this was a good site to buy the rings from. I saw an earlier thread with the same exact question, but it wasn''t really answered, so I am still a little concerned.
40.gif
I wanted to make sure it was reputable and see if anyone has bought a ring from there.

2) I was also curious as to whether setting a white gold engagement ring against a titanium wedding ring is ok. I don''t know if the titanium ring will scratch the e-ring, or anything like that.

3) This might be a question for a jeweler but I will put it here anyway. I know that titanium is hard to resize but I read that if it was a carved ring (like ours) it can only be resized about a half size larger and never made smaller. If this is true then how do I make sure that I am ordering the correct size ring? Even if we go to a jeweler and get sized professionally (which we plan on doing) there is still no complete certainty that the ring will fit correctly... so this makes me a little nervous.

Thanks for any help. I know it''s a lot of questions to digest in one sitting, but I thought maybe other people would have similar concerns.

*Marisa*

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
Hi Marisa,
Yes, Titaniumrings.com is a reputable site. They are a worthy competitor of mine and have been for years. For the titanium ring next to white gold, there will be a slight color difference. The titanium will be more the color of a chromium toaster, whereas white gold will be a little whiter with a slight tint of yellow. The titanium is quite a bit harder than the white gold, but since they don''t move relative to one another when they''re on a finger, I wouldn''t expect significant wear on the white gold ring.

In general, titanium rings can be stretched a quarter to a half size by normal ring stretchers that jewelers have. When the ring has inlays or slots, this will interfere with that process, so in that case, some material would have to be ground out of the inside diameter. Because we use computer controilled equipment when making titanium rings, we generally are very close to theoretical dimensions. Jewelers metal sizing rings are the best bet for determining the correct fit. Another method that''s as good or better is to send a ring that you know fits well to the manufacturer so that they can copy the inside dimension. It''s pretty easy to match the size to within a thousandth of an inch on our equipment.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you SO much for your help. You have relieved a great weight from my mind! I was getting quite worried about the rings... your information was very helpful and I think I have everything I need now to proceed. Thanks again!

Marisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results