carat
color
clarity

Tips for buying preloved

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi! :wavey:

I'm a lurker who has finally come out of the shadows. I've gained a tremendous amount of knowledge from these boards, but this is the first time I haven't been able to find the answer to my question. If it's been talked about before I apologize.

I'm currently eyeballing a couple of things in LT and the Bistro in my budget, and was hoping to get some buying tips. I have bought two preloved rings so far, but both items were from PS members so I felt pretty good about my purchase, and the person selling them. As of yet, I cannot confirm that the owner of the items that I'm looking at is a member of PS or any jewelry form. They aren't huge purchases (both items are between $500-$700), but money is tight right now and I want to know that I'm getting what they are advertising. One is an eternity ring from a popular PS ended with no markings (I guess due to the cleaning holes) and the other is a small diamond with an AGS report.

Can you give me any suggestions for what I should be asking and what I should be looking out for feeling out the seller? Thanks so much for sharing you knowledge with me!

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, there should have been a question mark in the title. I can't seem to edit the title. :wall:

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
I don't have any tips, but am interested in this thread, so ...
+1 bump!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

My first tip is you always should check the pricing on any diamond you are considering. By that I mean what the cost would be
at one of our recommended vendors. I have noticed that there are times when you could buy the same diamond at one of our vendors for almost the same price. Many on here do not give enough of a discount for the used diamond. Of course some do, but please check. Never pay the asking price.
Annette

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the advice, Annette!

I love the part about not paying the asking price. That's so hard for me. I'm not one to use coupon regularly or ask for discounts, which isn't so smart of me. I'm going to remoember that it never hurts to ask. You're right about some preloved prices not being much less than buying it new at full MSRP.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results