shape
carat
color
clarity

Time to start the search over...?

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oops, it says unavailable product - but I can see from the description it's a 1.62 F VS2. When are you supposed to receive it? Can't wait to see it! You must be feeling nervous and excited!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, it says unavailable product - but I can see from the description it's a 1.62 F VS2. When are you supposed to receive it? Can't wait to see it! You must be feeling nervous and excited!

It’s a 1.62 carat F VS1 that scores a .9 on the HCA- I left nothing to chance. I’m very excited, more so than nervous
Here it is in action- sorry, it’s so long!
ECEB875B-C584-4E82-BC7C-D89455157B90.jpeg

This was certainly a bit more than I hoped to spend initially, but that just means no upgrades for a good, long time, and I will likely stick to moissanite for my alternate and RHR pieces- I like them so much in cuts with large facets.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@anangel , this looks lovely! Are you having it set in a setting for the vendor or ordering it loose?

Cant wait to see what you think of it IRL, I am so excited for you!

P.S: lovely kitty in your avatar!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
@anangel , this looks lovely! Are you having it set in a setting for the vendor or ordering it loose?

Cant wait to see what you think of it IRL, I am so excited for you!

P.S: lovely kitty in your avatar!

I appreciate your vote of confidence- and I mean that sincerely! I’ve watched the video clip more times than I care to admit. I love how crisp it looks, how there are no carbon inclusions that I can spot- I really hope I made a good choice.
I ordered it in a solitaire setting. Their prices on settings actually off set the more expensive stone a bit. I went with six prongs because I’m clumsy, and do thing that make a diamond look more round.
C41FC0AC-8E00-47DE-BEAE-278096D597E6.png A0265439-DB57-489D-BDC3-00F157F0DD82.png
And thanks for the compliment on my little tux cat! Her name is Tofu ❤️ She’s about a year and a half. She has the best purr- my heart just melts when she snuggles up on kneads on my blankets.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think a 6 prong looks lovely. I prefer 6 prongs/8 prongs to 4 prongs too - I had a custom 4 prong setting made years ago and it made my round look like a confused round. And no shame in looking at the video multiple times - I do the same and have also made collages of screen shots to compare various stones I am considering!

Tofu sounds like an absolute sweetie. I bet she probably runs the house too. We jokingly call our cat His Lordship because he runs the house and we are his servants, haha.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn’t expecting CADs since I was ordering a stock ring but got them today. @lovedogs
Anyone see any red flags? It’s so hard to gauge with no measurements.
2CE84F9F-94A6-48E2-9504-FD9564E960AC.jpeg EF666311-51DC-45D5-9BC5-6CBFE5073B3B.jpeg 7916601D-4FED-4959-AE06-86F3F4D95A60.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn’t expecting CADs since I was ordering a stock ring but got them today. @lovedogs
2CE84F9F-94A6-48E2-9504-FD9564E960AC.jpeg EF666311-51DC-45D5-9BC5-6CBFE5073B3B.jpeg 7916601D-4FED-4959-AE06-86F3F4D95A60.jpeg

I am trash at reading cad images, sorry!! I just can't visualize what it would look like IRL

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I am trash at reading cad images, sorry!! I just can't visualize what it would look like IRL

No worries. Thanks for looking! It’s just their stock setting so I’m really not sure what there is to approve.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock

@swaye2010 did you have a second to look at the CAD? It’s a stock setting so I’m not sure why I’m getting a CAD, and it has no measurements but I hate approving something without having a second set of eyes look at it.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010 did you have a second to look at the CAD? It’s a stock setting so I’m not sure why I’m getting a CAD, and it has no measurements but I hate approving something without having a second set of eyes look at it.

I must have not seen the last update. Well you greatly improved on your diamond stats and size so I don’t think color is going to be an issue now. Without measurements on the CAD, there isn’t much to say. They must just be sending it to you for the paper trail to show you confirmed it. If I am honest, this isn’t my favorite shape in a 6 prong. I think if you want something cathedral, you should go for something like this, minus the diamond bridge.
92EFD9B9-1F87-4047-BDEF-F1251292A87B.jpeg

I like it when the shoulders curve in at the head a bit more rather then looking rounded. Is this the same company that did the last one? I have a feeling that the prong work is going to look the same too just by looking at the CAD. They did those very thick beaded prongs which is what I think made the last setting look so dated. It looks more like the style from rings in the 80’s.

The prong work at the end requires some skill to make it look modern. Delicate yet sturdy is how I would describe most rings on here. You will want to blow up a picture and circle it so they know what your expectation is for the person who sets the stone and does the polishing at the end.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I must have not seen the last update. Well you greatly improved on your diamond stats and size so I don’t think color is going to be an issue now. Without measurements on the CAD, there isn’t much to say. They must just be sending it to you for the paper trail to show you confirmed it. If I am honest, this isn’t my favorite shape in a 6 prong. I think if you want something cathedral, you should go for something like this, minus the diamond bridge.
92EFD9B9-1F87-4047-BDEF-F1251292A87B.jpeg

I like it when the shoulders curve in at the head a bit more rather then looking rounded. Is this the same company that did the last one? I have a feeling that the prong work is going to look the same too just by looking at the CAD. They did those very thick beaded prongs which is what I think made the last setting look so dated. It looks more like the style from rings in the 80’s.

The prong work at the end requires some skill to make it look modern. Delicate yet sturdy is how I would describe most rings on here. You will want to blow up a picture and circle it so they know what your expectation is for the person who sets the stone and does the polishing at the end.
Completely different company.
I sent the picture below and they said they would make the shoulders curved and send me another pic. Given the circumstances, the company I’m working with has been great! F9A4C767-6F2E-4547-AFBA-AAC9E966D2FF.jpeg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results