shape
carat
color
clarity

Time for an upgrade, need help in selecting a center stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
I would like to upgrade my wife's ring with a new center stone. She has the ring in the pic below and the stone is an EGL rated 1.012 VS2 H stone. The problem is that the ring is so wide that the diamond looks small on there. I was thinking to go to a 1.75 to 2 ct stone. I would think that I can get away with a SI stone rather than a VS stone but maybe get a G instead and that may be considerably cheaper than a stone similar to mine except 2 cts. What should I expect to pay ?? ANY and ALL input is appreciated, Thanks

rhring1.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
What about re setting the center stone as a solitaire and taking all the other smaller side stones out and creating one or two eternity bands for either side of the solitaire? I say that only because it sounds like a nice stone and you''ve got an awful lot of side stones - it would be a pity to waste them. If you went with a solitaire and two eternity bands it would be a bigger look across the hand, and nicer, IMO in platinum...

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
What surfgirl said.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. Personally I am not in favor of that type of setting since it can detract from the center stone. A two carat stone would look great in a simple platinum setting if you did eternity bands for either side, and her center stone would make an awesome pendant...you now have TWO gifts covered which is great!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
reset.

You can use the Pricescope search engine to price stones.

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
I just did a search at the top, wow what a difference in prices of EGL vs GIA certified diamonds....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The setting is screaming the 80's. Don't shoot me. But it's true. I'd love to see you go with a solitaire with a blingy eternity band. Simple elegance goes a long way.
2.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
I'd contact WF and get a quote on resetting center stone into a pendant, the side stones into an eternity band/bands and buying a new solitaire with a 1.5-2ct G/H eye-clean SI1 expert selection or ACA stone. With a solitaire look, you might not even need to go much bigger than the original stone... 1.4 might do the trick if the budget became an issue...

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
But...if money is an issue, check into re setting the whole thing: solitaire and e-bands. Honestly, sometimes when you re set into a more classic setting, the stones will look totally different...in a good way ;-)

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
We may consider that, thanks for inputs..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results