shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany''s??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
just trying something-sorry to hijack

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Just stating my opin on the "Tiffany standard"... it was not at all meant as an attack, just an observation
1.gif
no reason to disappear David... altho going to get married is as great a reason as any
2.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I think what's being debated here is the value of the Tiffany Standard. I like browsing in Tiffany's, and think they have nice stuff. Better than most other mall chain stores.

My personal preference is for more options, because I trust myself to pick out the better diamond. But, I think T&Co. meets the needs of people who don't mind spending extra money and who don't want to take the time to educate themselves on what makes for a beautiful diamond and/or people who really want the brand name.

T&Co. shoppers will most likely get something nice, but from what I've seen of the cut, the cut quality is not necessarily tops. They have set a minimum standard for color and clarity, which only guarantees that you'll get a stone of at least a certain color and clarity.

Personally, I'd put a lot more stock in the Tiffany Standard if I thought there was something in it that guaranteed the best performance. That is a standard that many internet vendors DO provide (sig series, branded cuts, etc.) and that Tiffany is lacking.

All I really see here is a failure of Tiffany's to keep up with more educated consumers. However, their approach has worked for a long time, and I think there are enough people who want the brand to keep them in business for a long time to come.

And to get back to the point, yes, it is absolutely possible to find a diamond as nice or nicer than those at Tiffany's, for much less money, with just a little research.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

I did it.

4647.jpg
I did it again. (Thanks Reena) sorry again to hijack people.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results