shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffanys or Hearts on Fire Seven Stone Wedding Band?

oracleapollo

Rough_Rock
Hi guys!

This is my first post! :)

Does anyone have a Hearts on Fire Seven Stone?

I am thinking of the .33ctw seven stone band in platinum. I tried on a similar ring at Tiffany's that was 1/3ctw and it looked stunning next to my engagement ring. I have a 1.10 SI1 G Ideal cut round solitaire in Platinum. I initially wanted a big 5-stone but when I tried them on, they overpowered my engagement ring. I also have little hands so maybe thats why it looked so overpowering.

Anyway, right now I wear a size 7 but I am currently losing weight and it should be around perhaps 6 1/2 or so.

Here is the link to the Tiffany's band:
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00005&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+13-c+288152-r+101323340+101424822-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

And the Hearts on Fire:
http://www.heartsonfire.com/shop-jewelry/rings/wedding-bands/sevenstoneband.aspx

If anyone has a version of these, can you please post pics and/or tell me if you like them? Thank you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Tiffany version and love the workmanship of their rings. Even though you find another ring with the same amount of stones and the same amount of carat weight, each style of ring will look a bit different and fit a bit different with your ering. If you loved the look of the Tiffany ring, I say go for it. They are more expensive yes but over the course of a lifetime of being happy with a ring, it's worth it to me!

jacy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ora, welcome to PS!

I have a newer shared prong, seven-stone .5 ctw (round brilliant) band to go with my .78 pear solitaire (pictured in my avatar). My ring size is a 6. I love how the rings look together where the 7 pt diamonds don't over power the e-ring diamond. However, one year later I'm already wishing I had considered the bigger .75ctw seven-stone band for a more substantial ring. I didn't even try one on to see how it would look! Lesson learned: try on a variety of bands to see which looks best with your e-ring!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's my $1 worth of advice. If you love the Tiffany, and it's in budget (I found HOF more expensive than Tiffany, believe it or not), get it. You know how it looks with your engagement ring, and you were happy with it. After chasing my tail with redos, remakes, returns and rebuys for over 2 years, I just bit the bullet on a Tiffany last month, and despite being anti-Tiffany after a particularly frustrating experience with them quite a while back, the ability to have several of the same ring brought in, and for me to pick the best of the bunch and walk right out with it, was worth the "cost", despite it being significantly less expensive than many of the items I'd bought and returned in the last two years. I had strongly considered an HOF band as well, but having to wait on it to be made and brought in...that was a turnoff for me. FWIW, a local friend of mine has I THINK a 9stone band from HOF and it's TO DIE FOR. The diamonds are magnificent, and the workmanship is lovely.

I am also NOT an advocate of a "bigger stones in the wedding band is better" mentality. I like my diamond in my e-ring to look it's best and biggest and brightest, and I found when I wore it with a wider/bigger stoned band, it looked less big and less awesome, bec the stones in the band were competing.

I personally do not recommend going with Whiteflash because I had a LOT of trouble with their workmanship AND the service after I reported it being a problem. They have a lot of fans on this site, but there are several who did not, myself included. Their diamonds are great, but I felt their workmanship and customer service left a great deal to be desired.

oracleapollo

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, thanks for replying!

Well, heres the deal: my sister is a jewelry buyer and she can get me a 50% off discount on a Hearts on Fire ring, but she doesn't have the same deal with Tiffany's. So I'd have to pay full price for the Tiffany, even though I have tried it on and I LOVED it! She emailed me a photo of the HOF ring and the picture doesn't look as beautiful as the TIffany one, nor have I tried it on in person as there isn't a HOF dealer anywhere near me. I did call one about 2 hours away but they said they had to order the ring for me to try it on! Which defeats the purpose as I don't want to pay for the ring then return it just to try it on.

I really want to be happy with my wedding band, I'm a big fan of the rings being symbolic, and I want to look at something beautiful that reflects how much we love each other. So I am willing to pay more for the Tiffany band if need be.

Can you guys post a picture of your rings? I would love to see!

Thanks so much for your help :)

missk8

Rough_Rock
Hey! I'm new here too, and I have found this site is very addicting!

I've not had any experience with Tiffany or Hearts on Fire. Based on looks alone with no other info, I prefer the HoF. Can you post a pic of your engagement ring or a ring you'd be wearing with the band? I think a lot depends on how the two look with that.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go with the Tiffany ................

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love the Tiffany band and even consider buying that as an alternate band for myself! I recently tried it on with my ring. Sorry for the no-so-great pics but my friend took them with her phone! My first band was a Memoire with 10 point stones, and I think they are a little too big. So I really do favor smaller diamonds on the wedding band to compliment but not compete with the engagement ring.

9 stone .27cts.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, sna77's wife has a 2.3 ct diamond and she chose this ring, too! Scroll down and there are several pictures of her e-ring with the Tiffany band.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/40k-budget-find-me-a-diamond-t168853-360.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/40k-budget-find-me-a-diamond-t168853-360.html[/URL]

(I should add that my everyday band is the 2mm Tiffany Legacy band, and I love the little row of sparkle it gives off next to my e-ring! That is why I was considering the other one as an alternate just not to put so much wear on the Legacy band since it is full eternity.)

jacy

Shiny_Rock
From what you've written, Ora, it sounds like you really love and want the Tiffany band and are willing to pay the exta price. You've tried it on and love how it looks with your e-ring. After seeing the pics by Diamondseeker and sna77, I must say that the Tiffany band does look great with the larger solitaires and has nice finger coverage with the 9 stones. I say go with what you love and feel good about. Good luck with your decision!

callalily

Rough_Rock
I just bought the Tiffany 7-stone 3mm band a few months ago as my wedding band, and I have to say that I love it so much, it's just perfection. It was a ridiculous amount of money, but I know I will love it forever.

Wedding%20Rings-118-Edit.jpg
wedding%20rings-10-Edit.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous, callalily! I really do think it is best to get what you really want in the first place, because regrets later may end up with replacing a ring and then you end up spending more!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
callalily - gorgeous!!! Do the diamonds rub against your er though? Do you have to wear a spacer?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
callalily, your set is sheer perfection! I love that band with your solitaire. :love:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
jacy|1340198976|3220110 said:
From what you've written, Ora, it sounds like you really love and want the Tiffany band and are willing to pay the exta price. You've tried it on and love how it looks with your e-ring. After seeing the pics by Diamondseeker and sna77, I must say that the Tiffany band does look great with the larger solitaires and has nice finger coverage with the 9 stones. I say go with what you love and feel good about. Good luck with your decision!

I agree. Since you've tried it on and loved it and you're willing to pay the price then get it. It sounds like the other option is there because of the discount.

callalily

Rough_Rock
Thank you Laila619, motownmama, and diamondseeker2006 :D, and I agree that for a wedding band, it's best to get it absolutely right.

Rubbing doesn't seem to be a huge problem, at least yet. If I turn my engagement ring back and forth while it is pressed against the band, there is some friction with the diamonds and prongs of the band on the little doughnut below the prongs, but both rings are tight enough that that doesn't really happen unless I do it on purpose. I did buy a spacer, but it looks so much nicer without it that I doubt I will wear it. If it does become a problem, I figure I can just get the setting repaired.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results