shape
carat
color
clarity

TIFFANY....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wouldn't say that I'm anti-Tiffany as such: I respect the company tremendously, for its history of creating beautiful, one of a kind art pieces; for a genius marketing strategy that has permitted them to have their cake and eat it, too, when it comes to being both a luxury brand and an accessible one; for a lot of its proprietary designs (I may have just discovered that the Lucida looks awful on me, sadly, but it's a beautiful cut, as is the Legacy). That said, I can't picture myself buying retail from them: the mark-up is just too high and the cachet a little too dispersed for me to be able to justify it.

But vintage Tiffany? That's another story! I'm really excited to have just placed an order for my first Tiff's piece - a vintage necklace in gold and turquoise. Will post a big pic - can't for the life of me figure out how to get a close-up off the website!

ETA: Ha, got it! Here's a close-up of the clasp - love the workmanship on this.

estate-tiffany-co-egyptian-link-necklace-gold-turquoise.jpg

estate-tiffany-co-egyptian-link-necklace-gold-turquoise2.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of these iPhone pictures are awful, but here are some of mine: The top one is a 1.73 (approx) F color radiant and the bottom one is Old Miss Evil (1.42 D VVS2 emerald cut).

more orange orchids.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my antique, made in 1906. I showed it to John Loring when I met him, and he thinks a designer named Paulding Farnham made it.

olliepndnt.JPG

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux - I've asked before, but I feel like I didn't really get a definitive answer.

Could you adopt me please?

I'll be really good. I'm super sweet and actually quite entertaining.

All I ask for in return are lessons in developing exquisite taste.

I eagerly await your response.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Porridge, consider yourself adopted. Of course, I expect you to pay room & board - let's say $5000.00 per month (got to keep the King of Prussia Mall green....). This pendant was inspired by Moroccan art.

p40ktp.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sapphire is from T.

jypsiere4.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An opera length strand of silver rose' pearls:

solange6.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Victoria pendant:

bleudeprusse.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bit better picture of some of the pendants:

3pndants.jpg

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I had a Tiffany phase a few years ago so I have a few silver pieces. I have the torque ring, the orchid pendant, and the cushion and pearl toggle bracelet (not sold anymore I think?) sitting in a drawer because they are all super tarnished. I need to find some good silver polish or something to get them back in to rotation!

I was supposed to get my grandmother's Tiffany flatware as a wedding gift from my parents, but they decided to give me my great grandmother's good tea set instead because they thought it was of higher value (I'm the oldest so I get the best heirloom...its how my family works). I almost had a heart attack when I opened it. Its worth $60, my little sister now gets the flatware. She's already talking about what she's going to spend the money on after she sells it...grrrrrr....

Sibling rivalry at its best.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stones in the eternity band are about 15 points each. Bottom ring: Old Miss Evil. If you can stand more lousy pics, I'll post more the day after tomorrow.

grnorchids1.jpg

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Madam Bijoux, as always, it's a pleasure to see your collection!

I only wish we could somehow teleport Kenny over to your house for a proper photoshoot. :(

Until then, more pics, PLEASE!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1314715182|3005360 said:
Porridge, consider yourself adopted. Of course, I expect you to pay room & board - let's say $5000.00 per month (got to keep the King of Prussia Mall green....)
Done.

Bargain.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam Bijoux|1314716130|3005371 said:
The stones in the eternity band are about 15 points each. Bottom ring: Old Miss Evil. If you can stand more lousy pics, I'll post more the day after tomorrow.

Please tell me why you have dubbed your ring Old Miss Evil? There has got to be a great story to go with that one.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Trekkie!
Luv2sparkle, Old Miss Evil earned her name because every emerald cut has its own unique personality, and this one is pure evil--very moody and sullen most of the time.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love when Madam Bijoux posts pictures. Always a treat. :))

I am a complete sucker for all things Tiffany. My collection is very small: a wedding band, a pair a pearl stud earrings, and a Nike Womens Marathon finishers necklace. Someday, I would like to have the Victoria alternating ring.

I pick up pieces of vintage Tiffany silver flatware when I can find them for good prices online. The Faneuil and (sadly discontinued) Wave Edge patterns are my favorite.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, KittyGolightly :wavey:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 6 pieces:

Aqua CBTY necklace (bought the first day they had it in the store in Vegas):
http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/Ite...8-r+101287465+101323354-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

Aqua CBTY bracelet (Husband bought this for me):
http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/Ite...8-r+101287458+101323354-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

Aqua CBTY earrings (My wonderful friend lent these to me to be my something borrowed and something blue on my wedding day, she later gifted them to me):
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...+1-c+288158-r+101323354-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

Trefoil key in silver (wedding gift from my husband):
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...ms=s+5-p+11-c+573050-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

Elsa Peretti band ring with blue sapphire (I bought it a couple days after our wedding in Vegas- to stack with my other one...):
http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/Ite...r+101287466+0+101323357-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

Elsa Peretti band ring with tsavorite (my first Tiff piece, a birthday present from my husband when he was just a boyfriend):
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...r+101323357+101287466+0-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I have the sterling silver signature bangle. Here's a picture of it, sorry it's so blurry.

c0c3c73aa249_6a55a0ce-b117-4228-970d-e0a7b4b56b9d.jpg
I need to polish it, sorry it's dirty in the picture
Here's the link to it on the Tiffany website
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP01682&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+1-p+1-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+signature+bangle-k+&search=1
Has anyone else noticed how heavy Tiffany silver seems? Mine also seems to tarnish faster then my other silver jewelry, but it seems like higher quality silver.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Sundial, I love that bracelet! It's a real beauty.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I first joined I wasn't willing to share my Tiffany ering because so many put Tiffany's down. That's fine, I get it. But I get tons of compliments on it. People take my hand and are like OMG.

The other thing?? I had a thread where Nan, sevens one posted pics of my jewelry. Some of ering, etc... Never said where the ering was from, but wasn't hiding that either. I was new, didn't think to say anything excpet for specs. I got tons of compliments...

Funny how that works.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh|1314830436|3006793 said:
When I first joined I wasn't willing to share my Tiffany ering because so many put Tiffany's down. That's fine, I get it. But I get tons of compliments on it. People take my hand and are like OMG.

The other thing?? I had a thread where Nan, sevens one posted pics of my jewelry. Some of ering, etc... Never said where the ering was from, but wasn't hiding that either. I was new, didn't think to say anything excpet for specs. I got tons of compliments...

Funny how that works.

Yup, I agree. It makes me go like this ------> :rolleyes:

Doubt that if anyone were gifted a Tiffany's piece they would turn it down.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not have anything from Tiffany, but I really, really, really want a wedding band from them, the pretty 2mm platinum and 18K band, I lust over that ring....I will own it one day :wink2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KittyGolightly|1314727373|3005535 said:
I pick up pieces of vintage Tiffany silver flatware when I can find them for good prices online. The Faneuil and (sadly discontinued) Wave Edge patterns are my favorite.

I suspect that the set (Faneuil) I bought when I got married is now vintage!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1314833924|3006851 said:
KittyGolightly|1314727373|3005535 said:

I suspect that the set (Faneuil) I bought when I got married is now vintage!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

IMO, the vintage stuff is better than the new. Enjoy your set! I'm very jealous! :love:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More horrible iPhone pics: another one of the Victoria pendant and the antique.

2pndnts.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bracelet was made in the 1920'S:

2sphs.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results