shape
carat
color
clarity

TIFFANY....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So... We get accused of being anti-Tiffany on here fairly often.

But I KNOW many of us own Tiffany pieces anyway so... fess up! What Tiffany items do you own (pictures appreciated)... and do you regret getting the Tiffany version of whatever it is, or are you happy you got it!

I only own one thing from Tiffany and it's this http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=26500087&mcat=148212&cid=660754&search_params=s+5-p+34-c+660754-r+101661567-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+ Small jewelry roll. No I don't regret buying it because I haven't seen another of it's quality in this exact size. BUT I am glad PSers turned me onto Leatherology before I coughed up 250 for the larger size.

Let's hear about and see your Tiffany guys!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Both my wedding bands are from Tiffanys and I'm extremely happy with them- I have the rose gold diamond metro and a plain 1.7mm rose gold band. I also have a rose gold key, pearl earrings, a silver starfish necklace, a silver charm bracelet, and a silver cuff. I know they were all fairly over priced but I am happy with all my purchases and will probably purchase from them again. I can post pics later when I'm on my computer.

Eta: I love that jewelry roll, so pretty!!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
When Mr Lottie and I first talked about getting engaged and started looking for a ring I wasn't really into jewellery, I didn't like solitaires (I do now!) and wanted one ring for both wedding and engagement. After some time time searching, I decided that the Tiffany Streamerica ring was exactly what I was looking for and we duly trotted off to Harrods to buy it.

It had a matt finish and the sales assistant assured me that it could be worn every day and the finish would be fine. We paid a fraction under 1000gbp for white gold and 0.25pts ctw and that was in 2006. I liked it but almost immediately the finish scratched and started wearing off. Tiffany were useless and said that the salesperson should have told me that it was an occasion ring and refused to do anything else. It took a lot of phonecalls and a little bit of shouting but eventually they refunded us. I learnt my lesson and went to a small jewellers with a good reputation and a workshop on site and had a ring made.

I wouldn't say I would never buy anything from them again, but it would have to be really really special for me to pay the blue box tax.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Although I do not own any Tiffany pieces I secretly lust over their sterling tag necklaces and bracelets

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I think its anti-Tacori too.

I'm still waiting to buy a Tiffany's piece but I definitely will when I have the money to splurge on it. One ring that I have been wanting that isn't really expensive is this:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP04382&mcat=148204&cid=287466&search_params=s+5-p+3-c+287466-r+101323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

OR

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP03607&mcat=148204&cid=287466&search_params=s+5-p+5-c+287466-r+101323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

I like the simplicity of both of those rings.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't own anything myself, but I did buy my two sisters necklaces from Tiffany for their bridesmaid gifts. Just the silver, but they both loved them, and I do think them being from Tiffany made them extra special.

I got my twin sis the Peretti Bean necklace http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...-c+563629-r+101287465+0-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+, and

I got my older sister a pretty one that's a solid circle with a hole in it, and the chain is knotted through the hole instead of there being a bale, if that makes sense. (It isn't on the site right now so I can't link.)

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1314484931|3002151 said:
I think its anti-Tacori too.

I'm still waiting to buy a Tiffany's piece but I definitely will when I have the money to splurge on it. One ring that I have been wanting that isn't really expensive is this:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP04382&mcat=148204&cid=287466&search_params=s+5-p+3-c+287466-r+101323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

OR

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP03607&mcat=148204&cid=287466&search_params=s+5-p+5-c+287466-r+101323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

I like the simplicity of both of those rings.

I love both those rings esp the 2nd one I want that one in rose gold to match my wedding set myself!

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
I went through a phase when the blue box seemed coveted to me, and I bought a few sterling silver pieces from Tiffany but ended up returning them after realizing that the inflated price wasn't worth it. :wink2: Before I reached that point though, my grandfather offered to buy me something as a special gift and I chose Elsa Peretti's Eternal Circle pendant in 18kt yellow gold (small size) since my grandmother had just passed away and the circle reminded me a bit of life.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+eternal+circle-k+&search=1

At the time, I hadn't been a member of PS, but if I had been, I probably would've spent the money elsewhere... Simply because for the price we paid at Tiffany's, I could've gotten something with diamonds. But I still love the sentiment behind what I picked. I only wish I'd chosen a ring since I don't wear the necklace too often, but I have always been fond of that design.

I also have this platinum and 18kt yg band that I bought second-hand along with a sterling silver medium sized open heart pendant as well:
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...+1-c+288152-r+101323340-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+open+heart+medium-k+&search=1

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't own any because I am allergic to silver and the gold is way to expensive for what you get.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My in-laws got me gorgeous baby bezels (0.1ctw) in plat from Tiffs a couple of years ago. They're no longer in the catalogue I believe.

I adore them and wear them pretty much all the time - they're my favourite earrings by far, delicate and low-maintenance and everywhere-appropriate, and they smile when they see me wearing them ::)

I can't say I get a thrill out of knowing that they're from Tiffany especially, though.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will admit that I also value the Tiffany name. I got a starfish necklace on the secondary market that I didn't mind paying the markup for. The prices have since gone up so I may well recoup my purchase price when I sell it (which I plan to do soon). That's one of the infrequently-mentioned upsides of buying Tiffany: while you pay more, you also get more back. We probably would have bought my e-ring there (or a branded T&C ring on the secondary market) if we'd liked any of the settings.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two silver necklaces, both silver.

The Orchid one: http://www.tiffany.co.uk/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP02395&mcat=148204&cid=287465&search_params=s+5-p+69-c+287465-r+201323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+ (£185 for a sterling necklace!!)

The Infinity one, which I can't find on their site...must be discontinued. I think it was around $150 at the time.

There are two Tiffany items I'd love to own and think the mark-up for the brand would be worth it.
Jean Schlumberger ring. Any of them, but I like the yellow gold and platinum one best: http://www.tiffany.co.uk/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00053&mcat=148210&cid=287466&search_params=s+5-p+8-c+287466-r+201323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

And the Ribbon Engagement Ring: http://www.tiffany.co.uk/Engagement/item.aspx?GroupSku=GRP10021&selectedSku=22052799#f+6/0/0/0/0/0

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1314486192|3002180 said:
Don't own any because I am allergic to silver and the gold is way to expensive for what you get.
Are you allergic to silver, or the alloy metals?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love Tiffany. I have a Gehry designed silver bracelet and rose gold Torque Gehry bracelet, diamond cross, 2 pair of cufflinks for DH, yellow gold signet pendant. Gave some other stuff to one sister who wears a lot of silver because I do not....Just bought a little onyx bead bracelet with a small "return to Tiffany" heart on it....I wear it with my new HUGE Pilots watch....

I always look for Estate Tiffany pieces to buy...I could kick myself on a diamond ring I recently missed...gonegonegone....

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had my very first ever ring drama with Tiffany, and it ruined me a little on the brand, but being educated also didn't help. I belong to another board where it's like no one gets that just because it's Tiffany that does not make it the best there ever was. And many of them don't get that cut is what makes the diamond sparkle, not the color and clarity and size. I still have and use my Tiffany ring box though from that purchase, and wish I had a second just because it's the perfect small size.

I have a key ring, and that's about it. I do want that little travel jewelry thing though, the tiny box and I would probably like a small DBTY or small bean, though I doubt that I'd ever wear it.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Er, can I raise my hand to say that I'm NOT anti-Tiffany?

I ADORE the Tiffany Lucida! And the classic 6 solitaire. I drool over Tiffany pieces that are posted on PS. I adore diamondseekers Tiffany eternity band!

I own a Tiffany sterling silver bracelet from DH and I would like a Tiffany key chain.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1314489511|3002344 said:
HI:

I always look for Estate Tiffany pieces to buy...I could kick myself on a diamond ring I recently missed...gonegonegone....

cheers--Sharon

I do too. There are a few estate Tiffany piece that I hunt for ... haven't found quite the right ones yet, but I'm always hoping.

Do you have a pic of the ring you missed?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I think its anti-Tacori too. quote]

Really? I've never gotten an anti-Tacori vibe here at all. May I ask, why you feel that way? Or maybe I'm oblivious because everyone knows I would yank Tacori E-rings wedding set in a second :devil: :cheeky: :love:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock

It's so funny you posted that twist ring! I love it & actually want it as my wedding band. I actually emailed Tiffany's just this past week to see if they could make it in Plat.,this was their response:

Thank you for contacting us.

Kindly note that we are unable to accommodate any special requests and
sincerely apologize for any disappointment.

If you require further assistance, please call our representatives at
1-800-843-3269.

Regards,
Michael Chagnon
Tiffany.com

I was bummed. I know some etsy sellers make this, but I fell in LOVE with Tiffany's and a lot of the sellers make it in gold, rose gold, etc. I didn't like the versions I did see with an option for plat.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't a Tiffany fan until I started noticing how pretty those s/s toggle bracelets looked on people and then I had to have one. No regrets, I love how it looks with my watch and I still wear it frequently. I have a little heart tag key ring as well and it just seems classic and pretty without being ostentatious. I like it.

I remember my ex-husband asking me when we first met 10 years ago to look through the catalog and pick some things out so he'd know what to get me for birthdays and holidays and I couldn't find anything I liked. WTH was wrong with me???? Monnie=idiot sometimes.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feb03Bride|1314489716|3002358 said:
Er, can I raise my hand to say that I'm NOT anti-Tiffany?

I ADORE the Tiffany Lucida! And the classic 6 solitaire. I drool over Tiffany pieces that are posted on PS. I adore diamondseekers Tiffany eternity band!

I own a Tiffany sterling silver bracelet from DH and I would like a Tiffany key chain.

Aww, thanks FB! I do love my Legacy band and do not regret the purchase because it was exactly what I wanted. I sometimes debate resetting my diamond in the Tiffany 6 prong knife edge setting to go with it!

I like a lot of Tiffany fine jewelry because much of it is very classic and won't go out of style. I will try to buy pieces on the second hand market, though. Speaking of which, I really miss Signed Pieces. I trusted that their designer pieces were authentic and they usually had good things coming in. The only other piece that I have bought there was one of the open heart necklaces for my older daughter.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not particularly a fan now, but I was when I was a teenager.

Throughout the years I was gifted the silver heart toggle bracelet, the bean necklace, bean earrings, and the matching bean ring. I never wear any of them. Perhaps I should sell them.
My father also gave me a silver necklace with a charm on it a few years ago. I can't remember what the charm is.

I don't hate Tiffany. I'm just not very impressed with their pieces.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ill give them this: they can start a serious trend with their fine jewelry/erings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1314490723|3002421 said:
I really miss Signed Pieces. I trusted that their designer pieces were authentic and they usually had good things coming in. The only other piece that I have bought there was one of the open heart necklaces for my older daughter.

What happened to them anyway DS, do you know?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I haven't found anything that I truly like there, besides their classic solitaire setting. I love that.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking of which, what did happen to Signed Pieces. Every time I go on that site, I don't see rings, but other things.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The facets side of them got bought out by the company that now owns them, and left the signed pieces part. Supposedly the SP part was continuing but the site never had anything on it, and was eventually not loading. But it is back working again, so perhaps the same company also bought that up. I had gotten an email from Facets about 2 weeks ago maybe saying they were now selling secondhand "signed pieces"...

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the classic Tiffany 6 prong solitaire!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results