shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Pricing.... Is it REALLY worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cdogstu99

Rough_Rock
So, just a little update on my search. I went to Tiffany''s today. They only had one of the rings i had referenced in my first post and was too expensive for me. The salesman showed me a 1.27ct I color, VS1 with the following stats : 62.2 D, 56 Tbl, 35 Crown, 41.1 Pavillion for $11,500. To be honest it just didn''t do it for me. Maybe its the color. I just ran the stats thru the HCA Adviser and it only scored a 2.9. I asked the salesman if there was anything he could do in regards to price and he said that prices are firm. "People expect that due to the economy, and all of the other stores giving price breaks that we would lower our prices, but we don''t" was his quote. When i mentioned my price limit was $10K he showed me a 1.02ct, H, VS1 for $9500 which actually looked better to me than the 1.27. (Stats were 62.4, 56, 35.1, 41.1) He did actually mention that they had a 1.33 I color, S11 for a little over $10K somewhere in inventory, but he''d have to ship in to the store. I think i''d have to echo many of your statements in that it just really isn''t worth it to buy from Tiffany''s. I thought if maybe i could get some sort of break then i would pull the trigger, but I guess I''m back to square one. Now I''m going to look online. But my main concerns still are there. If I buy online, and she needs to resize or have anything else done, it just seems so much easier to me to go to a store. Oh well, i''ll still keep everyone updated, but now i''m more frustrated than ever.
8.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m one here who will say that tiff''s isn''t worth it and you can get as good or better quality and a much bigger stone elsewhere. However, I don''t want to open a whole new can of worms here and have this thread turn into a against/for tiff''s thread. I second the idea of checking out signedpieces and getting a tiffany''s piece second hand for a great deal less. I think this is a great idea if you want that blue box experience.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Has your girlfriend seen Mark Morrel rings? Because they are incredibly beautiful and I think she would swoon over them. If I could have more than one wedding set, his ring would be my next choice, in fact, if I had known about him, I may have had his ring for my upgrade. You have excellent taste.

cdogstu99

Rough_Rock
Hi, i''m not sure if i could buy her a second hand ring. Just thought of it, and if i have to tell her where i got it, I don''t think she''d be that excited. Yes, the Mark Morrell rings look great to me. The only thing going that route, is that if she needs something done to it, or cleaned, etc, then i guess we are out of luck. If i buy from a b&m, she at least knows that she can go to the store when ever she wants to get it cleaned. I think that would be important to her; has anyone else thought about this?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5249/

Sorry your Tiffany shopping trip didn''t go well. However, take a look at this stone. It is basically the same size as the 1.27 you looked at and is a color grade better. It is an AGS0 stone - cut doesn''t get better - and leaves alot left over for a mounting if you want to stay below 10k. It may not be Tiffany but I guarantee it would be stunning!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not everyone stays in the same town for the rest of their life, anyway, and we do manage to get our rings cleaned and sized, etc.
2.gif
You just go into any reputable jewelry store and ask if they would please clean your ring and check the prongs to be sure the stone is secure. You can establish a relationship with a local jeweler by buying other jewelry items such as watches, earrings, etc. In fact, once we were married, we never again stepped into the store where my original ring was purchased, and it has never been an issue! So my new ring came from GOG/Leon Mege. I generally clean it myself with an ultrasonic and check the prongs with a loupe. (Oh, and the wedding band is from Tiffany's...that part was worth it!)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would personally rather have the Mark Morell. So much prettier and nicer stone for the buck!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results