shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo - Your Advice Please!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad to hear that everything worked out well! That is a gorgeous ring and I think many of us would love to find a great deal like that! We will certainly look forward to seeing pictures! You might want to post them in the "Show Me the Bling" part of the forum.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
YAYAYAY!!! :appl: :appl:

I cannot wait to see your photos!!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Olivia, I am so excited for you! Seriously, it's a vicarious thrill for me to get to enjoy other people's diamond purchases. I was keeping my fingers crossed that you would get this ring so I would get to see more pics of it in "real life." Congratulations on your beautiful new ring; the Novo is one of my favorites. It's wonderful that they were so good to you at Tiffany's; enjoyable customer service is the icing on the cake! Please don't forget to post more pics!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful! It looks just smashing in the pictures and I am so glad Tiffany's treated you right.

You must post 1000000 photos in a SMTB thread!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see it on you!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
oh, that's great news. Can't wait to see more pictures~

Liv69

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just woke up to coffee in bed AND a huge surprise ... Hubby went and bought the ring last night and just gave it to me!!!

I will post photos in 'Show me the Bling' shortly. Amazing...I'm in shock!

Olivia

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow, what a wonderful surprise from you hubby!! can't wait to see pictures!!!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE that ring, cannot wait to see photos!! Congrats!!!!

Liv69

Rough_Rock
Here she is! More pics in Show Me the Bling (under 'Tiffany Novo').

Thanks y'all!

:))

IMG_0732.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Liv69|1304723752|2914354 said:
Hi everyone,

I just woke up to coffee in bed AND a huge surprise ... Hubby went and bought the ring last night and just gave it to me!!!

I will post photos in 'Show me the Bling' shortly. Amazing...I'm in shock!

Olivia

How sweet of him!!!

Veriluxed

Rough_Rock
Honestly, I woulnt waste my money going through Tiffany directly or get a second hand ring. At an I color,17k is a HUGE price for a mediocre stone. My fiancé has always dreamed of the novo..... There was NO way I would pay full tiffanies price since your paying for a name. I decided to go through a diamond distributor/jeweler my friend knows and got an EXACT replica of the novo cast as one piece in her size. It came out perfect and she absolutely loves it. I priced a tiffanies equivalent and it came out to $18k, I paid $9k for hers.

1.30/G/VS1 size 4

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Olivia! It looks like a beautiful ring and you're right that it will keep its value.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Wow - it's beautiful. Well worth the journey.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Veriluxed|1310959579|2971127 said:
Honestly, I woulnt waste my money going through Tiffany directly or get a second hand ring. At an I color,17k is a HUGE price for a mediocre stone. My fiancé has always dreamed of the novo..... There was NO way I would pay full tiffanies price since your paying for a name. I decided to go through a diamond distributor/jeweler my friend knows and got an EXACT replica of the novo cast as one piece in her size. It came out perfect and she absolutely loves it. I priced a tiffanies equivalent and it came out to $18k, I paid $9k for hers.

1.30/G/VS1 size 4

Honestly, how would YOU like it if your lady posted pictures of the ring you bought her and someone slammed her and said it was "mediocre"?
You didn't want to pay the money for an authentic Tiffany Novo and she was happy with a replica. That's great, you both feel happy with your choice.
Well, Liv is happy with HER choice, as she should be, it's GORGEOUS!

This being your first post, you should understand this; Pricescope isn't about being competitive, trust me, there's bigger and better than yours on here. But you'll find their owners have a sense of humility and a desire to educate and share in a POSITIVE and CONSTRUCTIVE manner...

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock

1.30/G/VS1 size 4
9k for a 1.3 G VS1? Must be a really crappy cut stone.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock

1.30/G/VS1 size 4

You waited to post your very first post on a 3 month old congratulatory thread and this is what you said? Man... I don't even know if the OP is still reading this, but seriously what on earth were you hoping to accomplish? Must have length issues.

I AM glad you posted though, as I got to see a really gorgeous ring, and a killer deal. Seriously, this is the FIRST thing I've seen on PS that nearly derailed my FCD project. But then i would have been running through cash converters looking for Tiffany's... So think I'll just go with the original plan.

Gorgeous ring! Congrats on a killer buy. I am humbled to admit that i would have fantasized about buying it out from under you if I had the chance! :)) and I mean that in the nicest possible way. :D

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful and a wonderful surprise! :love: :love:

Liv69

Rough_Rock
Wow, never thought my little adventure would create such a stir, particularly so long after the fact... But thanks Pricescopers for putting it all in perspective and reminding us what we're all here for.

As I've discovered, buying jewelry is so much more than just getting the best deal and saving money. Sure, it's great if you can do both but a) you've got to love what you're buying and b) 'value' means different things to different people.

In our case (hubby would probably say it was 'my' case!), we were after a ring that would be a celebration of our ten years of marriage and would hold its value. Our original plans were for a ring of 1.5 carat round brilliant -our budget would not normally have stretched to a 1.80 carat Tiffany Novo (around 40k here in Australia) - so we totally lucked out when this near new ring popped up.

Two months on and I am totally thrilled with my ring. I get comments on it all the time and it literally explodes with sparkle. I don't mind that it was second hand and I know that at 40% of it's original value, I have got something that will indeed hold its value.

Pricescopers help each other weigh up options and to make informed choices according to each individual's idea of value.I am grateful to the PS team for helping me work through the decision making process that led to us securing such a lovely ring.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Liv, yours is one of my all-time favorite rings! Such a beautiful classic. I still can't get over the amazing find you made!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too - hubba hubba!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think your new ring is stunning and you got an incredible deal. Who wouldn't be thrilled with that? I love the Novo and yours in a great size and looks perfect on your hand.

Liv69

Rough_Rock
Thanks sundial, motownmamma and Mrs Jam. You know how to make a girl feel great!

TristanC, good luck on your mission and please don't be thrown by my adventure. It was a TOTAL fluke - a real case of right place, right time, nothing more.

Happy days everyone! :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks fabulous on you! Wear it in the best of health. I think you got a great deal and it looks like it was MADE to sit on your finger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results