shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo vs. Cartier 1895 pave - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Hey ERingHunter! I''m sure she''ll love either one, but I''d recommend the Cartier. I''m the same size as your GF (my fingers are super long too) and I find that the thin bands do get lost on my fingers. I look at 2mm bands on other people and drool, but every time I try one on it just looks silly on me. Like I have a piece of sparkly thread tied around my finger
2.gif
My own ering has a 3+mm band and I think it looks perfect on me and much more dainty than it would on someone with shorter fingers. My stone is also 1.7ct, about what you''re looking at, and I think it looks great with a slightly wider band.

But like I said, she''ll love either one
1.gif
Good luck choosing!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
best of luck!!

ERingHunter

Rough_Rock

Ok, right now I am a nervous wreck wondering if I made the right choice. Here''s the situation - I went back and forth yesterday between Cartier and Tiffany''s ultimately buying the Novo. There were a couple different factors that probably pushed me over the edge enough (barely) to choose the Novo, and it had nothing to do with the style of the ring. For style, the 1895 won me over - no doubt. However, the craftsmanship of the ring, quality of the diamond, price, and customer service were better at Tiffany''s. For example - the prongs on the Novo holding the diamond in place were almost perfect. There was a slight feather on one of the prongs, but nothing that is visible w/o a loop (and even then hard to tell). On the 1895, there were distinct gaps between the prongs and diamond, in addition to having multiple feathers (no spurs though). The diamond on the Novo was probably a better deal for the price - still not sure, but this was the comparison - Novo: 1.46 CB G VVS1 with excellent down the line for polish and symmetry, florescence none for $26,300 the 1895: 1.5 RB F VS1 with Very Good for polish and symmetry, florescence none for $28,225. I believe that Cartier still had some wiggle room on the price, but not much - probably 2k which would put the price almost equal but then there is some give and take based on the 4 C''s. Hard to balance it all. I found the customer service was much better at Tiffany''s and the staff more knowledgeable as well. It took two weeks for Cartier to bring in the ring I wanted while Tiffany''s only took two days. There is another factor that I considered, but in the end it wasn''t that far off. It was the table difference between the RB and CB. If you are looking at a smaller diamond, I would go with the RB because it appears (actually is based on table size) is larger than the CB.

Even with all of this, I still feel like I am being pulled towards the 1895 but already pulled the trigger on the Novo. Oh well, I think I have done all that I can. The final test will be coming very soon and that''s the only opinion that matters! Again, thanks for all your help and advice!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW, I think you made a great choice. The Novo is a really different cut, and since you were able to get it in a size well over 1 carat it will look plenty big enough on the finger. I love the fact that it is patented. If I could pick between the Novo in a 1.5 and RB in a 1.5, I would give serious thought to the Novo b/c that size stone is large enough to really see the uniqueness of that cut. It''s a beautiful ring, really. Plus, from a practical sense, Tiffany has a 30 day return period, so if she decides she prefers a RB from Cartier, you can just return the Novo. From a proposal standpoint though, I think you hit this one out of the park.

PLEASE post pics!!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update! Like many of us said, there''s no wrong answer with the options you chose, congratulations!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''ll love it I''m sure! You''ll have to post pics when she gets it. It sounds like it''s a beauty. I''ve found Tiffanys to be great whenever I''ve had to deal with them over my e-ring.

fashionangel

Rough_Rock
hi all i''m looking to buy the cartier 1895 ring. saw the post that u can actually negotiate on the price at carter, is that true? how much room is there from the price tag? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results