shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo or Larger ERD Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Here is a side by side comparison of the Novo and Maytal Hannah's replica. Honestly, if your wife pays great attention to detail (like many PSers), she will be able to see a difference. The "average" person probably won't be able to tell. By the way, I am a little OC about everything too and my boyfriend is the complete opposite. It balances us out since I have learnt that I can't expect him to get obsessed with everything and he keeps me in check.

MaytalvsTiff.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charmy I love your Maytal. I was admiring it a few weeks back but didn't know it was yours.

I haven't seen her work in person. I've seen... most of the designer's/ vendor's work on here in person. I've seen several Leons, obviously Ocean's work, Singlestone, Mark's, WF... some other's (brain is fuzzy).

My personal choice for a Novo type setting would be yours actually. I really admire it and think it's much more elegant than the original, and though I haven't seen her quality in person I have a very high opinon of it and would not hesitate to order a piece by her.

I haven't seen 23rd Street's either, but I MUST say... if I were to ever want a custom design again I would go there first, if it were in my budget. Everything I have seen in pics just shows how superior their work is. Unless I wanted a three stone or five stone setting (not band)... then I'd go for Leon, he has my favorite three stones ever.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 1:14:04 AM
Author: Gypsy
Charmy I love your Maytal. I was admiring it a few weeks back but didn't know it was yours.

My personal choice for a Novo type setting would be yours actually. I really admire it and think it's much more elegant than the original, and though I haven't seen her quality in person I have a very high opinon of it and would not hesitate to order a piece by her.
I am not sure if you saw my ring from Maytal. It is a split shank with double prongs and not a Novo type setting.

I have also really admire 23rd street jeweler's work. It's too bad they don't reply to emails (that is my personal experience and I have heard the same from others on the forum).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um... can I be linked to your setting?? Sounds amazing!

And do you know who if a PSer has that Sapphire Novo type Maytal? It's really lovely.

diablesseblu

Rough_Rock
What a great, can''t lose position to be in re a diamond. I''m a very longtime lurker but just registered simply to comment on your thread.

My daughter was previously engaged and had been blessed with a large D flawless solitaire from Tiffany. She had not chosen it but was pleased with the stone and the lovely craftsmanship of the setting. Unfortunately, that relationship did not work out.

Fast forward to happier times. She and her dearest approached this recent process together and fortunately found Pricescope. She originally had thought she would find a stone and have Leon Mege craft the setting. However, she found a stone at ERD and was so "taken" with Mark and Theodore, his craftsman, that they also entrusted the setting to them.

She knew she wanted a variiation of the Cartier 1895 setting for her cushion. Mark and his crew delivered a design and setting that simply cannot be topped (search "melusine" for pictures).

Simply put, from "the mother", my daughter grew up in NYC and we have gifted her with Tiffany, Cartier, and Mikimoto items over the years. We now realize we were naive and will not return to that sector of the retail sphere. We overpaid for their names.

I vote for an ERD stone and then choosing your own craftsperson for a setting. However, at least from my daughter''s experience, Mark/Theodore can do anything you choose...and on time/budget. Can''t say enough good things about them.

Best wishes for whatever choice you make.

sub80

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. We''re picking up the ERD cushion tomorrow and I hope to have time to some pictures of both the ERD stone and the Novo that we have.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
The cushion from ERD looks lovely and if it were me I would pick the larger cushion over the Novo in a heartbeat.

After you take it out of the box no one will know it was a Tiffany''s ring however they will know the larger one is well larger :).

sub80

Rough_Rock
Charmy - thanks for the feedback. My wife isn''t as concerned with "passing it off" as Tiffany as she is with replicating the look of shank. In fact I doubt she would tell anyone it was a Tiff if she decides to keep the "real thing". That said - we got the diamond from Mark yesterday and it exceeded our expectations. It''s the nicest cushion I''ve seen in person so she has a tough but fun decison to make.

Also - can you clarify, what did you mean the Mark will work with Maytal? Would they both work on the ring or are you just referring to the fact that he is the diamond vendor and she would be making the ring?
Date: 1/31/2009 12:54:04 AM
Author: CharmyPoo

Date: 1/30/2009 10:08:11 PM
Author: sub80
Thanks DS. I hadn''t seen that setting and it does look fantastic. Have you used her? Anyone else use or see Maytal''s work?

On that note - If I buy the diamond from one vendor and set it with another what issues or complications might I encounter?
I own a ring made by Maytal. Mark has no problems working with Maytal but I am not sure why everyone is dismissing Mark''s work right away. How many of you who recommend others have actually seen Mark''s work in person? I know someone who has seen most of the designers mentioned on this thread (except for Ocean) - there is a clear difference in quality and style among them. From what I have heard from my source, Leon and 23rd street jewelers top the list - no question.

You should take a look at the rotated 8 main pav cushions. Those most closely resembles the Novo diamond other than the square H&A. I have compared them side by side with the Tiffany novo. I own a rotated 8 main pav cushion that is a 1.00 ratio - it is cut like a round. They aren''t the same but they come close. Although I think the stone you have here is gorgeous, you can get one that looks more like the novo.

It sounds like your wife actually just wants a bigger Tiffany Novo. I imagine she wants it to look exactly the same so she can potentially pass it off as a Tiffany. Most people I know (including me) actually dislikes the basket and prongs on the Tiffany Novo but it is their favourite Tiffany ring.

Sorry - a little cranky tonight.

Thanks.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 12:00:28 PM
Author: sub80
Charmy - thanks for the feedback. My wife isn''t as concerned with ''passing it off'' as Tiffany as she is with replicating the look of shank. In fact I doubt she would tell anyone it was a Tiff if she decides to keep the ''real thing''. That said - we got the diamond from Mark yesterday and it exceeded our expectations. It''s the nicest cushion I''ve seen in person so she has a tough but fun decison to make.

Also - can you clarify, what did you mean the Mark will work with Maytal? Would they both work on the ring or are you just referring to the fact that he is the diamond vendor and she would be making the ring?

Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply. I am glad you got to see the diamond but it sounds like you still have doubts in your other posts. It can be very hard to find the right diamond. I have been searching forever and no luck still.

To clarify, I meant when you purchase a diamond from Mark - he will be happy to send it to Maytal to have the setting made.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love Tiffany anything! However, Tiffany is def. incredibly expensive and you get less stone for more money. If I had a choice between a significantly larger stone and get more bang for the buck, I would for sure do it. Cushions are GORGEOUS and I LOVE them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results