Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo - need help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lost.in.space

Rough_Rock
Hi guys - been lurking here for awhile, not in a creepy way though

So I''ve decided to propose to my GF with a Tiff Novo. I tried my best to drag her into diamond shops but she wants to be totally surprised! I really like the Novo setting and brilliant cushion. I also trust the Tiffany name.

My major concern is what carat size to purchase. My GF is a very simple conservative girl - she doesn''t even have her ears pierced.... I am looking at 1.35ish ct center stones...but her ring size is a 7. Would the thin band on the Novo make it too awkward for her hand? I figured that with the Novo wedding band it might look better?

Thanks alot in advance!!! I could use all the advice i can get.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that size sounds fab. I have a Tiffany Lucida 1.23ct and my finger size is 8 so I''d say the size you''re looking at for her would be great. I know she wants to be surprised but is there any way you can find out from her roughly what size she likes?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That size should be fine. I wouldn''t go smaller on that stone since it probably faces up smaller than a round of the same weight. If she later thinks the bands of the engagement ring and wedding band are too thin together, she can always add a third band...either another like the wedding band or even a plain thin platinum band. The Novo is a great choice and I can''t imagine anyone not being thrilled with it!

I will tell you that if the Tiffany brand is not extremely important to her, you can get a larger stone for your money somewhere like Good Old Gold who carries some nice square cushion stones, and then get a setting similar to the Novo setting.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 4:29:38 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
That size should be fine. I wouldn''t go smaller on that stone since it probably faces up smaller than a round of the same weight. If she later thinks the bands of the engagement ring and wedding band are too thin together, she can always add a third band...either another like the wedding band or even a plain thin platinum band. The Novo is a great choice and I can''t imagine anyone not being thrilled with it!

I will tell you that if the Tiffany brand is not extremely important to her, you can get a larger stone for your money somewhere like Good Old Gold who carries some nice square cushion stones, and then get a setting similar to the Novo setting.

ditto, and welcome to PS!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 6:10:39 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 4/20/2009 4:29:38 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
That size should be fine. I wouldn't go smaller on that stone since it probably faces up smaller than a round of the same weight. If she later thinks the bands of the engagement ring and wedding band are too thin together, she can always add a third band...either another like the wedding band or even a plain thin platinum band. The Novo is a great choice and I can't imagine anyone not being thrilled with it!

ditto, and welcome to PS!!
Thritto.

If you search for "tiffany novo replica" on here, you'll get a few threads.

lost.in.space

Rough_Rock
Hey thanks for the warm welcome! This appears to be a nice forum :)

The idea to add a third band (eventually)s fantastic - might even save me coming up with an anniversary gift! YAY!

As far as trying to get her idea''s about the size - have tried - but even her friends say she never cared.... o well....I think I''ll just go ahead with around 1.35ct. To me the Novo looked best around that weight with the thin band.

Another quick question - which would you place more value - the difference between D and E color or the difference between VVS and VS. In other words, if you had the opportunity to purchase a D VS1 versus an E VVS2 - which would you prefer and why?

Thanks again!

DKinLA

Rough_Rock
I would go for the D VS1 - I can see color differences but not clarity since both will be completely eye clean.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 11:16:27 PM
Author: lost.in.space

The idea to add a third band (eventually)s fantastic - might even save me coming up with an anniversary gift! YAY!

As far as trying to get her idea's about the size - have tried - but even her friends say she never cared.... o well....I think I'll just go ahead with around 1.35ct. To me the Novo looked best around that weight with the thin band.

Another quick question - which would you place more value - the difference between D and E color or the difference between VVS and VS. In other words, if you had the opportunity to purchase a D VS1 versus an E VVS2 - which would you prefer and why?

Thanks again!
Now you're thinking!

Of the the two color/clarity options, I'd go for whichever was cheaper, if one was, they'd be close most likely. However, if it were me personally and I had all the options (and all cuts being equal), I wouldn't buy above a G, or VS2 (great combo). There just won't be much difference, at all.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 4:03:17 PM
Author:lost.in.space
Hi guys - been lurking here for awhile, not in a creepy way though

So I''ve decided to propose to my GF with a Tiff Novo. I tried my best to drag her into diamond shops but she wants to be totally surprised! I really like the Novo setting and brilliant cushion. I also trust the Tiffany name.

My major concern is what carat size to purchase. My GF is a very simple conservative girl - she doesn''t even have her ears pierced.... I am looking at 1.35ish ct center stones...but her ring size is a 7. Would the thin band on the Novo make it too awkward for her hand? I figured that with the Novo wedding band it might look better?

I think the tiffany novo it''s a great idea, because it''s classy, beautiful but at the same time it''s more original that the tiffany classic. The size it''s not bad, will look like a 1.ct round cut, so I will suggest to not go more down than a 1.30. Good luck

Thanks alot in advance!!! I could use all the advice i can get.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

As far as trying to get her idea''s about the size - have tried - but even her friends say she never cared.... o well....I think I''ll just go ahead with around 1.35ct. To me the Novo looked best around that weight with the thin band.

Thanks again!

I will get the D VS1, the difference between a VS1 and VVS2 it''s just visible with a loupe. But If I was biying a stone, I will get an F VS2, because I dont see a difference between a D VS1 vs F VS2, with my naked eye, but the difference in price is huge

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
No, the thin band has nothing to do with a size 7, or any ring size. The two bands (the Tiffany Novo and the matching band) are very elegant together. Many people believe that a band that thin is too thin to be worn on its own (that''s just a matter of opinion) but that has nothing to do with the engagement ring. I hope this helps!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Thanks again!
Wow, that's a hard one. Personally, I don't care a thing about D vs. E, although obviously many people put a premium on D. I actually do like the idea of VVS2 better than VS1, but at VS1 you're home free. I doubt that you're going to see an inclusion in that. Personally, I'd buy 1) whichever one is less expensive (E VVS2?), and 2) all things being equal, E VVS2.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 9:47:44 AM
Author: Imdanny

Thanks again!
Wow, that's a hard one. Personally, I don't care a thing about D vs. E, although obviously many people put a premium on D. I actually do like the idea of VVS2 better than VS1, but at VS1 you're home free. I doubt that you're going to see an inclusion in that. Personally, I'd buy 1) whichever one is less expensive (E VVS2?), and 2) all things being equal, E VVS2.
I don't think i'd pay the premium for D either, but that's just me...an E would be REALLY white. I love the tiffany novo and a 1.3 would be a great size! I also wear a 7, and i like thin bands!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.