shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo - need help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lost.in.space

Rough_Rock
Hi guys - been lurking here for awhile, not in a creepy way though
7.gif

So I''ve decided to propose to my GF with a Tiff Novo. I tried my best to drag her into diamond shops but she wants to be totally surprised! I really like the Novo setting and brilliant cushion. I also trust the Tiffany name.

My major concern is what carat size to purchase. My GF is a very simple conservative girl - she doesn''t even have her ears pierced.... I am looking at 1.35ish ct center stones...but her ring size is a 7. Would the thin band on the Novo make it too awkward for her hand? I figured that with the Novo wedding band it might look better?

Thanks alot in advance!!! I could use all the advice i can get.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that size sounds fab. I have a Tiffany Lucida 1.23ct and my finger size is 8 so I''d say the size you''re looking at for her would be great. I know she wants to be surprised but is there any way you can find out from her roughly what size she likes?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That size should be fine. I wouldn''t go smaller on that stone since it probably faces up smaller than a round of the same weight. If she later thinks the bands of the engagement ring and wedding band are too thin together, she can always add a third band...either another like the wedding band or even a plain thin platinum band. The Novo is a great choice and I can''t imagine anyone not being thrilled with it!

I will tell you that if the Tiffany brand is not extremely important to her, you can get a larger stone for your money somewhere like Good Old Gold who carries some nice square cushion stones, and then get a setting similar to the Novo setting.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 4:29:38 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
That size should be fine. I wouldn''t go smaller on that stone since it probably faces up smaller than a round of the same weight. If she later thinks the bands of the engagement ring and wedding band are too thin together, she can always add a third band...either another like the wedding band or even a plain thin platinum band. The Novo is a great choice and I can''t imagine anyone not being thrilled with it!

I will tell you that if the Tiffany brand is not extremely important to her, you can get a larger stone for your money somewhere like Good Old Gold who carries some nice square cushion stones, and then get a setting similar to the Novo setting.

ditto, and welcome to PS!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 6:10:39 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 4/20/2009 4:29:38 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
That size should be fine. I wouldn't go smaller on that stone since it probably faces up smaller than a round of the same weight. If she later thinks the bands of the engagement ring and wedding band are too thin together, she can always add a third band...either another like the wedding band or even a plain thin platinum band. The Novo is a great choice and I can't imagine anyone not being thrilled with it!

ditto, and welcome to PS!!
Thritto.

If you search for "tiffany novo replica" on here, you'll get a few threads.

lost.in.space

Rough_Rock
Hey thanks for the warm welcome! This appears to be a nice forum :)

The idea to add a third band (eventually)s fantastic - might even save me coming up with an anniversary gift! YAY!

As far as trying to get her idea''s about the size - have tried - but even her friends say she never cared.... o well....I think I''ll just go ahead with around 1.35ct. To me the Novo looked best around that weight with the thin band.

Another quick question - which would you place more value - the difference between D and E color or the difference between VVS and VS. In other words, if you had the opportunity to purchase a D VS1 versus an E VVS2 - which would you prefer and why?

Thanks again!

DKinLA

Rough_Rock
I would go for the D VS1 - I can see color differences but not clarity since both will be completely eye clean.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 11:16:27 PM
Author: lost.in.space

The idea to add a third band (eventually)s fantastic - might even save me coming up with an anniversary gift! YAY!

As far as trying to get her idea's about the size - have tried - but even her friends say she never cared.... o well....I think I'll just go ahead with around 1.35ct. To me the Novo looked best around that weight with the thin band.

Another quick question - which would you place more value - the difference between D and E color or the difference between VVS and VS. In other words, if you had the opportunity to purchase a D VS1 versus an E VVS2 - which would you prefer and why?

Thanks again!
Now you're thinking!
9.gif

Of the the two color/clarity options, I'd go for whichever was cheaper, if one was, they'd be close most likely. However, if it were me personally and I had all the options (and all cuts being equal), I wouldn't buy above a G, or VS2 (great combo). There just won't be much difference, at all.
28.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 4:03:17 PM
Author:lost.in.space
Hi guys - been lurking here for awhile, not in a creepy way though
7.gif

So I''ve decided to propose to my GF with a Tiff Novo. I tried my best to drag her into diamond shops but she wants to be totally surprised! I really like the Novo setting and brilliant cushion. I also trust the Tiffany name.

My major concern is what carat size to purchase. My GF is a very simple conservative girl - she doesn''t even have her ears pierced.... I am looking at 1.35ish ct center stones...but her ring size is a 7. Would the thin band on the Novo make it too awkward for her hand? I figured that with the Novo wedding band it might look better?

I think the tiffany novo it''s a great idea, because it''s classy, beautiful but at the same time it''s more original that the tiffany classic. The size it''s not bad, will look like a 1.ct round cut, so I will suggest to not go more down than a 1.30. Good luck

Thanks alot in advance!!! I could use all the advice i can get.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

As far as trying to get her idea''s about the size - have tried - but even her friends say she never cared.... o well....I think I''ll just go ahead with around 1.35ct. To me the Novo looked best around that weight with the thin band.

Thanks again!

I will get the D VS1, the difference between a VS1 and VVS2 it''s just visible with a loupe. But If I was biying a stone, I will get an F VS2, because I dont see a difference between a D VS1 vs F VS2, with my naked eye, but the difference in price is huge
9.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
No, the thin band has nothing to do with a size 7, or any ring size. The two bands (the Tiffany Novo and the matching band) are very elegant together. Many people believe that a band that thin is too thin to be worn on its own (that''s just a matter of opinion) but that has nothing to do with the engagement ring. I hope this helps!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Thanks again!
Wow, that's a hard one. Personally, I don't care a thing about D vs. E, although obviously many people put a premium on D. I actually do like the idea of VVS2 better than VS1, but at VS1 you're home free. I doubt that you're going to see an inclusion in that. Personally, I'd buy 1) whichever one is less expensive (E VVS2?), and 2) all things being equal, E VVS2.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 9:47:44 AM
Author: Imdanny

Thanks again!
Wow, that's a hard one. Personally, I don't care a thing about D vs. E, although obviously many people put a premium on D. I actually do like the idea of VVS2 better than VS1, but at VS1 you're home free. I doubt that you're going to see an inclusion in that. Personally, I'd buy 1) whichever one is less expensive (E VVS2?), and 2) all things being equal, E VVS2.
I don't think i'd pay the premium for D either, but that's just me...an E would be REALLY white. I love the tiffany novo and a 1.3 would be a great size! I also wear a 7, and i like thin bands!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
double post

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results