shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo Fan -- Blue Nile Nouveau VS Good Old Gold Gabriel & Co VS De Beers Forever Pave or DB C

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:58:38 AM
Author: silverbuggy
Oh I''m looking at round...one of the things I like about JA is it has the common prong and pave scalloped settings which both come in 6-prong. if i go with BN or GOG, I think I have to use 4-prong. Thanks for the advice, I''ll definitely email JA to see if the rings will sit flush. Thanks for the birthday wish!

Ah got it (regarding the claw). I''ll have to do more research to figure out which one I like more!

Good luck! It sounds like you''re off to a great start!

Now time for sleep for me!

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
shimmer, regarding insurance on the ring, if I choose to purchase from BlueNile and have it set by James Allen, is this the process I should follow?
1) Receive diamond from BlueNile
2) Purchase insurance on diamond
3) Send diamond to James Allen via insured mail

I''ve never purchased insurance on any diamonds before...if anyone has suggestions please let me know! I''ve heard that sometimes home/renters insurance can cover diamonds as long as you let them know about the purchase and they might charge you a little more. I don''t have either right now, but could possibly get it.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Right now I think only Jeweler''s Mutual covers loose diamonds. Your process is correct. Your home owner''s insurance will cover the diamond once it is set, but usually the JM coverage is better.

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Jim Schultz from James Allen replied to my email and sent a picture of the 6-prong pave scalloped ring against the matching wedding band. Sadly, the gap is quite apparent which makes it less appealing to me.
7.gif
Also, for some reason the quality of the rings in the picture don''t look as great as Brown.Eye.Girl''s sapphire ring!

JamesAllen6-ProngWithWeddingBand.JPG

Darthkim

Rough_Rock
Hi Silverbuggy,

Hope your search is going well. I''m the one who posted the Gabriel Novo from GOG. I did want to mention that I also ordered the matching wedding band and it should sit flush with the e-ring (similar to the other pictures that i posted). It should be here soon, so i''ll take some more pictures, if you are interested.

Lastly, Give GOG a call and get a quote for the setting and wedding band. Platinum has dropped significantly in price and the setting should be way less than what I paid for in the original post. The prices for the setting should be lower than BN or DeBeers. Also it takes about 3 weeks for the setting to arrive, so keep that in mind.
I''ve had another jeweler take a look at Gabriel & Co workmanship and he mentioned it was top notch. Plus GOG backing everything, like JA, they have an excellent reputation.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree, take a look into the Gabriel setting. Good Old Gold has some stellar diamonds too!

I don''t like the looks of the JA, it''s hopefully just a bad photo.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Hi Silverbuggy,

I just wanted to pipe in and say that I have this set from James Allen and it is absolutely gorgeous! Actually, mine is slightly different, as it has 22 pave diamonds instead of 16. I also purchased the center stone from BlueNile and shipped it to James Allen. Their customer service was great. I was very pleased with the service and the product.

here are pics of my rings. There is a gap between my rings, which I like, but you said you didn''t want. My cushion is elongated, though, which causes the gap. Good luck!

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Darthkim, please do post some pictures of your rings together when you get the wedding band! Now I''m really anxious to see your pics haha...

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
indypitty, thanks for posting the links. The ring looks great on you. But I can''t have the gap because my fingers are too short!!
By the way, since I am considering going the same route (BlueNile diamond and GOG setting), was wondering if you could share some insight on that process. Did you get your diamond insured independently before sending it to GOG? Did you consider having GOG send you the setting, and going somewhere local to set it?

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Darthkim, forgot to ask you one thing. From the attached picture in your post, it looks like the bottom is not completely round. Is it shaped like that so that the ring hugs your fingers without slipping? Or is it actually round?

GabrielCoNovoBottom.jpg

Darthkim

Rough_Rock
That picture is a little deceiving, because of the angle and camera. The ring is actually completely round.
I''m hoping that the engagement ring will arrive tomorrow, so i can take a couple pictures to post.

In the end though, you have some amazing setting choices. one other thing to think about is whether you want it go all around (like an eternity band) or just 3/4, like mine. My FI is a teacher so the stones on the bottom have the possibility of getting loose.

Will report back soon. Good luck in your continous search!

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Darthkim! I am anxiously waiting for your pics. :) We chose a diamond at BlueNile already and just extended the hold for another 48 hours! Will also consider buying from GOG if they can match the price and ring quality.
To answer your question, I don''t want an eternity band in case I gain weight in the future and need to resize it! <-- Hopefully not...So 3/4 around would be perfect.

Did GOG let you customize the ring at all? Like choose how many diamonds go on each side, or how big, how far down...Jonathan Weingarten from GOG said I could choose 6-prong instead of 4.

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Oops I meant if GOG can match the price and *diamond* quality.

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 12:55:05 AM
Author: Darthkim
That picture is a little deceiving, because of the angle and camera. The ring is actually completely round.
I''m hoping that the engagement ring will arrive tomorrow, so i can take a couple pictures to post.

In the end though, you have some amazing setting choices. one other thing to think about is whether you want it go all around (like an eternity band) or just 3/4, like mine. My FI is a teacher so the stones on the bottom have the possibility of getting loose.

Will report back soon. Good luck in your continous search!
Hello Darthkim...waiting anxiously...hope you haven''t forgotten about me!
32.gif
<-- gosh...what''s the perfect anxious look? haha

Darthkim

Rough_Rock
Hi Silverbuggy,

sorry for the delay, I just received the wedding band today. Will see the FI tomorrow and I should have pics up (albeit somewhat late... maybe in the evening?)

For sure, i''ll have them up by wednesday. Hope this helps!

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
darthkim, no worries, thanks for remembering! my boyfriend ended up buying the diamond & setting from Blue Nile though knowing how picky I am, there is always a chance (knock on wood) that I''ll want to return one or both...so GOG Gabriel&Co could possibly be in my future...or not. but I like them both, so hopefully the nouveau will please me as much as gabriel pleases ur fiancee!

would still love to see pics nonetheless
17.gif

MrsDarthKim

Rough_Rock
Hi SilverBuggy!

I''m DarthKim''s fiancee... I LOVE LOVE LOVE my e-ring and the wedding band is even prettier.

I will post some pictures in the next few posts.

gabrielring.jpg

MrsDarthKim

Rough_Rock
oops... this is the back.. the other was another view of the ring..

gabrielring4.jpg

MrsDarthKim

Rough_Rock
front of the ring on top of of the wedding ring box.

gabrielring5.jpg

MrsDarthKim

Rough_Rock
Another view of the back of the ring

gabrielring6.jpg

MrsDarthKim

Rough_Rock
Side profile... regardless of whether you keep what you guys ordered or get this one, I''m sure you will love it! :)

gabrielring8.jpg

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mr. and Mrs. DarthKim! :) That''s a whole lot of goodies for my eyes hehe. I''m still in talks with GOG about the gabriel&co, though our order with BN is half placed already...sigh the indecisive mind...

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion ImpatientOne. I took a look but unfortunately all the rings in their collection are a bit thick. I''m looking for max 2.2mm because my hands are small. They look nice though. :)

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
FYI here are some AWESOME videos Jonathan put together of a bunch of different ring settings GOG offers:
http://vimeo.com/album/44214

And of course, there is one for the gabriel & co (#WER4181):
http://vimeo.com/3398400

It puts my mind to ease because it checks out with the pictures Darthkim posted here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-3-isee2-h-a-on-tiffany-novo-replica.95624/ (as well as some pics in this thread by MrsDarthkim!!!)

I have already told Jon this, but my boyfriend and I decided to go ahead with the BN Nouveau setting and 1.61 signature ideal D VS2 medium blue fluorescence diamond. I''m a little concerned about not being able to see the H&A because diamond will be mounted, and a bit curious/anxious about the effect of medium blue. Hopefully I''ll absolutely love the ring when it comes. But if I don''t, I am prepared to go GOG! Jonathan has been very helpful and nice even knowing my situation. I feel kind of bad spending so much of his time answering my newbie questions!!

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Forgot to mention, timing was an issue in our decision...my boyfriend needs to receive the ring next week because we are going on vacation and he can''t propose empty handed! I didn''t think GOG would be able to deliver in time... :| I

n any case, BN and GOG were both close contenders for diamond&setting so we worked with what we could. I''m counting on the 30 day policy in case I''m not completely satisfied! Hopefully things will work out in the end. I even entertained the thought of buying both and then returning one, but I think GOG has a no return policy on custom e-rings. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results