shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Etoile vs Whiteflash Benchmark ScatteredDiamond band

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Hi all
Has anyone tried on both of these bands and can you please tell me any differences?
Looking at both 3mm Platinum
The Tiffany is double the price

Thanks!

etoilediamond-ring-35365478_959804_ed_m.jpg

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Re: Tiffany Etoile vs Whiteflash Benchmark ScatteredDiamond

Whiteflash version:

benchmark-3mm-scattered-diamond-wedding-ring-in-14k-white-gold_gi_5012-3mm_z.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Throwing another option into the mix - e-weddingbands.com has burnished set diamond bands as well. I have the 2mm white gold version
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/platdiamond.html

I'd get the cheapest one lolol... that's just me! :wavey:

jewels2

Shiny_Rock

Thank you for the link!

I prefer a Platinum band and also the "scattered" diamonds instead of the straight across :)

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock

I know James Allen sells the Benchmark 4mm one, but not sure about the 3mm (although I thought the Tiffany Etoile was 4 mm). They sell it for less than Whiteflash, plus they have promos/coupons.

I have a 4 mm one in size 4.5. It's very comfortable. I have considered listing it pre-loved because it simply doesn't get worn these days :(

jewels2

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the reply! Tiffany has 2 sizes now. I will check out JA!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had the 4mm Tiffany Etoile band - it was really beautiful and felt like butter on the finger. Of course, Tiffany pieces have a premium but that ring was exquisite. I ended up selling it as I changed the look up a bit but I never regretted putting the money into it.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Missgotrocks! I did try on the Tiffany one recently and really liked it. Tiffany prices tho :o :shock: :cry: LOL

If anyone has tried on the WF one would love to hear your thoughts!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jewels2

Shiny_Rock

Ha can't believe I didn't think of that! Thanks!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jewel2, I have the 4mm Tiffany Etoile in YG and I have never regretted the price I paid for it. It is thick, chunky, rich, and as MissGotRocks said it feels like butter on your finger. I also have the 3mm WF scattered diamond band as my ering. The WF band isn't cheap or thin and while I am quite happy with it it's definitely not as chunky feeling as the Tiffany but then It's not fair to compare a 3mm band to a 4mm band. The Tiffany band has platinum behind the diamonds which the Benchmark bands don't. My 3mm scattered band from WF doesn't exactly measure 3mm across either - it would if you measured it from edge to edge but if you hold the ruler over the top of it I'd say it is about 2.6 - 2.7 mm. The Tiffany 4mm is definitely the full 4mm.

So my answer would be I would buy the Tiffany band. I have several pieces of jewelry and ACA diamonds from WF all of which I really like but my Tiffany band is something I reach for and wear more than any other band. I actually picked the WF 3mm scattered diamond band for my ering to match my Tiffany band.

Marcy

jenniann

Shiny_Rock

I have tried the Tiffany version but bought a 4mm version from Brian Gavin due to cost (I'm sure very similar to the WF one).

There is definitely a difference. The profile of the Tiffany one is a little flatter than the BGD one in the middle. I found with my BGD one the diamonds were at slightly too much of an angle so when you looked at the band on your finger you never quite got the sparkle (as the stones were slightly recessed into the band). In contrast the angle of the Tiffany stones was just right and they really stood out. I found a lot of the time my BGD band just looked like a plain band unless I held my hand at the right angle.

I also agree there was an extra smoothness to the Tiffany band in platinum (my BGD one was plat too but still). I've since sold the BGD band and while my taste at the moment (and finances - haha) mean I wouldn't go out and buy the Tiffany one, if I ever wanted one again I'd go Tiffany in a heartbeat. It's about the only thing I'd 100% recommend Tiffany for, that and their 2mm platinum / rose gold band - still yearning for one of those.......

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just wondering if anyone recently bought from whiteflash ?
Or any other vendors who has the similar scattered diamond look?

Or is tiffany (ideally preloved) the best bet

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would avoid one that does not have access to the diamonds from below. Burnish setting is not water tights and you want to be able to clean the bottom side. I wear a 4.9 mm heavy platinum band with scattered diamonds made by a local jeweler. I love the ring for its comfort, but the diamonds really are more 'texture' than sparkle. I made sure that the bottom of the diamonds were open, like this one.
upload_2017-12-30_6-49-26.png

I would suggest that paying for the best cut diamonds would be worth it. So, I would see if you can get a quote to have it made with ACA melee. It may be more than the Benchmark version, but the better cut diamonds in this style will be worth it. If you go that route, consider how many diamond you want to see when your fingers are resting against the band. Ignoring the size of the stone below, these show a tighter spacing of the stones making more visible when worn.

upload_2017-12-30_6-26-25.png
upload_2017-12-30_6-27-39.png

Last edited:

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love these. On my bucket list.

FM

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would avoid one that does not have access to the diamonds from below. Burnish setting is not water tights and you want to be able to clean the bottom side. I wear a 4.9 mm heavy platinum band with scattered diamonds made by a local jeweler. I love the ring for its comfort, but the diamonds really are more 'texture' than sparkle. I made sure that the bottom of the diamonds were open, like this one.

I would suggest that paying for the best cut diamonds would be worth it. So, I would see if you can get a quote to have it made with ACA melee. It may be more than the Benchmark version, but the better cut diamonds in this style will be worth it. If you go that route, consider how many diamond you want to see when your fingers are resting against the band. Ignoring the size of the stone below, these show a tighter spacing of the stones making more visible when worn.

Wouldn’t it be better to have them sealed in so they can’t get dirty?

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thank you RockyS for your advice. Good point on easier to clean and how it's not water tight.

My ringer size is small around 4.25 to 4.5 for my ring finger. Not sure how scattered the diamonds would look.

Would love to see e.g. of the ring in my ring size on a finger. That would definitely help in figuring out how the dispersion should should.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I just got the platinum 3mm Tiffany Etoile and I love it! It just feels so nice and goes on so smoothly and so far it has been easy to keep clean. To me it was totally worth the cost.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got the platinum 3mm Tiffany Etoile and I love it! It just feels so nice and goes on so smoothly and so far it has been easy to keep clean. To me it was totally worth the cost.
Will you treat us with a pic with your gorgeous Solitaire? :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing I wonder is if the Tiffany weighs more than the others. Tiffany has such a nice feel to it. The other bands might look similar but have less metal? And therefore do not feel as luxurious.
Edit -oh I see now Marcy talked about this.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sundial would love to see your pics.

Interesting about the feel. I have a tiffany wedding band . Im not sure which design. It' the one that has 1 small diamond. And I love the feel and smoothness of it. The one I have is in yg. And I thought a platinum or white gold or rose gold would be a nice stack. I hardly wear my solitaire.
This is what I currently have. Worn with a rose gold spacer CM171014-111608001.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Tiffany plat Etoile. 4mm. Size 4.5. Love love love!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I posted this in the Share Your Christmas Bling thread but I will add a picture here. IMG_3874.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I missed it on the other thread @Sundial. What a gorgeous and perfect pairing! I love it! :love:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh I missed it on the other thread @Sundial. What a gorgeous and perfect pairing! I love it! :love:
Thank you so much Bonfire! I am a big fan of your beautiful rings as well.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sundial thank u for the pic. It's gorgeous!

I have a question. I came across a preloved plat tiffany etoile band. But the hallmark is different from the usual online ones I see T&CO this one spells out the full name Tiffany & CO.
The seller said she bought it from a local boutique in Singapore where I'm at. So I called the store to find out and was told by the SA that every country has different hallmark??!!
But they can't authenticate pieces or tell me over the phone what is the hallmark on the etoile band. I'l try and pop by sometime this week to see it for myself.
Though I'm completely surprised to hear that different countries have different hallmark on their tiffany rings. Any one heard of this?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial thank u for the pic. It's gorgeous!

I have a question. I came across a preloved plat tiffany etoile band. But the hallmark is different from the usual online ones I see T&CO this one spells out the full name Tiffany & CO.
The seller said she bought it from a local boutique in Singapore where I'm at. So I called the store to find out and was told by the SA that every country has different hallmark??!!
But they can't authenticate pieces or tell me over the phone what is the hallmark on the etoile band. I'l try and pop by sometime this week to see it for myself.
Though I'm completely surprised to hear that different countries have different hallmark on their tiffany rings. Any one heard of this?

That’s interesting. My Tiffany Legacy band hallmark is “Tiffany & CO” and purchased here in the U.S. Perhaps it was fabricated elsewhere?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results