shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany DBTY - to keep or not.....

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would keep it only if you want it for layering. I do like it with the cross. But since you see an AVR you'd like to save for, my inclination is to not spend money on something that really isn't exactly what you want. If you love it and think it is exactly what you need for layering, keep it. If not, save the money towards what you really want.
This! As usual, great words if wisdom from DS

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
she isn't wrong!! I have read her wise words many times as well

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
she isn't wrong!! I have read her wise words many times as well
As to the guilt. Don’t. Life is too short. If you wear it for the rest of your life, you are getting a great deal! Lol. Do shop preloved again, though! It will turn up! With the exception of my ering, all my other bling is preloved. No guilt. Bc I can unload without a major loss when I need new bling or if I had to. I call it an investment that I can wear and appreciate. Lol. To this day, all my bling has equity. I used to spend disposable income on handbags and expensive jeans. No equity whatsoever. So this new luxury at least has some return!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it layered like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
thank you motown!!

Nala - yes, I agree with you....Ihave bought a couple of Tiffany silver pieces and got a great price because that person was "done" with them and why not let them be loved elsewhere

as for the guilt, it is always there, but sometimes I just get what I want because I "wanted" it for a long (enough) time - and other times, it is too much of a splurge ;-)). when I start looking at WF, i start with "well, a little but more money and I can get 'this' size...." and then it gets a BIT over-budget! (or guilt factor is too high!) LOL.

thank you for your words of wisdom also - you are so right! life IS short and these things make us happy! it is purely for my viewing pleasure because I don't think THAT many people notice! no one cares what you are wearing! which I think is why this forum is so great, because WE care and love to look at all these beautiful pieces and can share it when pretty much all of my friends could care less and think I am crazy!! LOL. I say that in a good way ;-))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it layered. But if what you really want is a bigger stone I would return it. You can get a 30 point stone pendant for about 699 at costco.com I believe. I would order it and compare the two, or just save for the AVR. I think you will be happier getting the thing you really want instead of just the thing for now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and I love it with the other necklace. But if it doesn't scratch that itch and you want a larger stone I say don't settle. Save that money for what you *really* want. However if you think you will get much enjoyment from it and not be yearning for a larger one then go for it. Maybe this is the one you really want. Either way it is lovely on you.:love:

Haha just read what @luv2sparkle wrote. Should have just dittoed her.:bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the very kind words, @nala and @Cinderella!

I've had a lot of years to learn from my own mistakes, and I try very hard to stick to my own advice to only buy if I really love something! I fail sometimes because I love great deals, too! But the absolute GREAT thing about buying second hand, and especially when it comes to branded pieces, you can usually resell later and lose little to no money! So I think the decision here is whether you want to hold out and get another one (still can be Tiffany) with maybe a .30 stone or something like that, since I am hearing you say you aren't 100% sure about this size stone.

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@luv2sparkle, @missy and @diamondseeker2006

~~~~oooh I figured out how to tag people!!

thank you so much for your thoughts....I don't disagree at all and I know what you mean about buying stuff we "really" want instead of trying to make do with a substitute......I can say I am flip-flopping a little.....but this thing is super pretty ;-)

and we did just upgrade my ering so I have NO BUSINESS thinking about a diamond pendant!! but there it was....so I grabbed it!

I think if I went bigger, I would do WF or BGD.....or of course Jonathan for an AVR ;-))

decisions, decisions!!! wore it all day and luckily the tag stayed in back of my neck ;-) NO ONE NOTICED!! (I would notice it in two seconds if it was new on someone!)

thanks to you all for chiming in ;-))

@diamondseeker2006 you had posted a Steven Kirsch filigree platinum pendant a while back on a thread and it happens to be on JBG.....I had thought about that one for a while.....was it anyone's on here? I was also on fence about halo, kind of just wanted a single stone bezel/Tiffany style.....what are your thoughts on that? do you remember the piece I am referring to?

thanks in advance!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe I know who that SK pendant belonged to. I imagine the setting would cost about as much as they are asking. So it's a nice buy for someone!

My vote for you ideally, considering you have a Tacori e-ring with an AVC...is an AVR in a migrain bezel pendant. You can layer that as well. He has an E, G and I from .5-.6, and you might check with Jon on pricing on those. If you could get one of those for not too much over $2k, I'd set in a simple (cheap) 4 prong basket for awhile until I could have the custom bezel setting made.

That doesn't mean you can't get the Tiffany one now and later sell it and get an AVR, of course. But I can't think of a better pendant to go with your ring, and have the versatility of stacking than the AVR!

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006
thank you for sharing all your knowledge all the time - you always have good advice! I have been eyeballing the I AVR, I believe it is like a .62 or something, I would have to go back and look.....THAT would be soooo awesome!!! who would you recommend to do the bezel....I have someone's thread saved...I am going to attach a pic of one that I just love and there you are...!

other than my AVC, all my jewelry I wear currently is the Tiffany silver pieces....I am boring because I don't change it up very often.....lol

Thank you so much for answering....that SK is one I did look at and think is beautiful and the setting is really pretty.....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use Caysie van Bebber for most things, but David Klass could also do a bezel pendant. I might prefer the chain to go through the bezel and not have the little attached loops on the bezel, though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like @diamondseeker2006 I also prefer the chain to go through the bezel as I don’t love the look of the loops. Reminds me of Mickey Mouse ears lol.

It’s going to be lovely. :appl:

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
thanks so much @diamondseeker2006 and @missy Yes, it does have a mickey mouse yes, they both do beautiful work ❤️

also checking JBG and LAD - you never know what will pop up!

I think I am going to wear this one for a bit until I am ready to get the rock I really want and then I can always get this guy polished like new and re-sell what I want is going to be at least 2500, so I have to wait a little for that for now, I will have to drool at everyone else's beauties

and will def ask any additional advice when the time comes!!!

I appreciate all the comments from each of you!! sparkle on, PS

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
everyone has their own sense of style and if you love the look I say "rock it" . . . however, since you are asking yea or ney from fellow Periscopers. . . I don't love the multiple necklaces.

When you want to wear your Tiffany cross wear your cross and when you want DBTY/a little something sparkly go for sparkly.
I don't think a .5 or even a .75 bezel is too large for an average sized lady.

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
hello @16ocean yes, to each hiw own....I usually wear more than one necklace, i always have....like everything else, some will like it, some not. I enjoyed reading everyone's responses no matter their opinion. I like to hear (or reqd) what people think and always appreciate honesty. like when I showed my coworker a top I was going to buy, she was like eeeew....okay! that's why I asked....

hubby actually likes the size because it is small.....so whatever....the price was right and I can always resell in future ;-))) In time, I will get to the ultimate pendant....baby steps! lol (just like I got to my ultimate diamond, an AVC ;-))

peonyinlove

Rough_Rock
i don't think a larger pendant is that far out of reach. i have a .50 milgrain bezel pendant from jewels by erica that was about 1400 dollars canadian - so around 1100 usd including the diamond and setting. particularly if you're not fussy about clarity or colour (both of which in my opinion don't matter nearly as much in a pendant), you would be able to ask erica to keep an eye out for you for an SI1 or SI2 that's going to be eye clean to use. in your situation i would save that 850, and buy a larger pendant later. i say that only because you're feeling trepidation about this purchase, and indicated that you loved a larger one. otherwise, it is pretty on you!

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@peonyinlove hello! I did contact her....she has a pretty rose gold pendant that i asked about.....she said she doesn't get them that often.....but who knows, maybe i will reach out again....

and I still have a couple of days to return.....decisions, decisions!!!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
So what did you decide?

Either way it's a win . . . :)
The great thing is often Tiffany has a better resale value than non branded jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results