shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany DBTY - to keep or not.....

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Hello everyone!!

sooooo I got this little beauty from a consignment shop - a decent amount off retail.....

everyone seems to love the tiny bezel, and it is quite pretty....and to be "economical" <<cough cough>> I thought this would be a nice little treat until I wanted to shell out some real bucks for a nice size pendant.

so we all know bigger is better, and more diamond for the money from our favorite sites, this was an okay price point....

here are some pics - what do you all think, yay or nay?

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
not much to list in specs, but it is a .19 near colorless, platinum, 16 inch

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great on you! Would you mind sharing how much you paid so that we can factor that in?

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
hi - sure it was 850..... and returnable.....

it is around 1500 retail.....

Last edited:

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I own the same one. I bought it as a gift for myself for my 40th. I find it to be dainty and elegant.I wear it often.

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
oh, cool Maggiemeans - that is a great gift!!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Keep it !!it looks very cute on you!!

bossalover

Rough_Rock
Premium
I have one in gold. It’s been almost seven years since I bought it but it has been used still frequently. What gives you the second thought?

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
thank you golden bird

hello bossalover, just wanted bigger of course, but I would feel waaaay more guilty shelling out that much more $$ right now.....i always feel guilty when I spend a lot on one item or at one time i know, it is just my hang-up.....i am glad you still wear yours often

bossalover

Rough_Rock
Premium
thank you golden bird

hello bossalover, just wanted bigger of course, but I would feel waaaay more guilty shelling out that much more $$ right now.....i always feel guilty when I spend a lot on one item or at one time i know, it is just my hang-up.....i am glad you still wear yours often

Oh I see! I personally think that that size gives you a lot of use — possibly more than the larger ones!

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
that makes me feel better!! LOL. I was never one for dainty, but this necklace is changing my mind

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: I love it, and while I appreciate larger stones, I find being more conservative in my personal choices yields pieces I wear the most. So my vote is - it’s perfect, looks lovely on you, and I’d keep it! :dance:

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
thank you mother_thing - that sounds like it makes a lot of sense....

funny, when I was trying on all the different sizes at the Tiffany store, I had put on a .91 and of course I loved it and the lady was like "too big"
she said most people buy the small ones .....( I said to myself, because the diamonds are too expensive here!)
maybe she was right !!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you mother_thing - that sounds like it makes a lot of sense....

funny, when I was trying on all the different sizes at the Tiffany store, I had put on a .91 and of course I loved it and the lady was like "too big"
she said most people buy the small ones .....( I said to myself, because the diamonds are too expensive here!)
maybe she was right !!

:lol: Agreed!

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
glad I got this pre-loved!!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like it has a lot more presence than you would expect for .19ct...you could keep it and see how often you wear it and resell for close to what you paid if you choose to go larger later. Looks great in the photos. :)

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the other hand....... save that $850 somewhere and you’re half way to a nice 0.5ct diamond......eg

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3955170.htm

My main jewellery regret is ending up with a lot of smaller pieces that I bought for all the reasons you mention! I often bought things for a treat when I had spare cash, I should have just waited a bit longer.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep it. It looks classy & elegant & you can't beat a bit of well cut Tiffany.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's looks perfect! Is bigger better? Sometimes, but this is just the right combination of super sparkly and subtle. Love it! I would wear the heck out of that I think! Nice find imo.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it. It looks great layered with your cross and I'm sure it's equally good on it's own. Small but mighty

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
thank you AlexT

thank you bludiva! it is def tiny, that is for sure.....but when it catches light, it is super pretty

snowdrop, i do agree and i have thought about this for a while, but it would still be another 500 or so for the setting (forgot the actual dollar amount) and i would have major guilt if I am wearing a 2200 plus necklace!! (i think i have to warm up to it!!) LOL - I am sure I will get a bigger diamond in the future - there is an AVR that is like 2200 that I would LOVE to buy!

sandeek, thanks!! i am wearing it today with the tag in back just to make sure i love it!!

kaekae, thank you! that is my Tiffany cross (silver) which I wanted to layer the DBTY with

and sorry i cant quote, I haven't taken the two minutes to figure it out

you all make me feel good about my purchase!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would definitely keep this. It is beautiful.

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
thank you Craving diamonds

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would keep it only if you want it for layering. I do like it with the cross. But since you see an AVR you'd like to save for, my inclination is to not spend money on something that really isn't exactly what you want. If you love it and think it is exactly what you need for layering, keep it. If not, save the money towards what you really want.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love layering so I'm biased in that I love this look and would keep it! Great price too for a Tiffany diamond in platinum!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. Keep it. I have the .17 heart shaped one in rose gold from T&Co. I wear it every day and love it. Layer it with my bigger stones, pearls, etc.

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
DS, hello - whatever I have, I would layer....and I would love an AVR someday, but who knows when I will actually pull trigger on that ..... and like I said, this price point makes me feel less guilty and I saved a nice chunk from retail.....so that makes me feel better of course and I am a bit of a Tiffany junkie but I totally get your point about getting what you really want.....I have fallen into the trap of buying something on sale "just because" many times ...... hence my post to see what the consensus here us.....

ac117, thank you!!

tanzigrrl, thank you also!! I saw the rose gold, very pretty! for me, I wear a lot of silver.....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great piece at a great price....best of all it looks great. Lots of presence.

FWIW, I love mine. Classy piece.

cheers--Sharon

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharon/Canuk-gal - thank you, I am wearing it today as a "test run" just to make sure I love it it IS small, but when it catches light, it is really pretty

this are my latest layered pieces, just took off my infinity necklace that paired nicely with my cross....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results