shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany & Co. Ribbon Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
KittyJt- I got my ring from a 3rd party, so I actually traded my original ring plus a little bit, to the 3rd party for the ring. We are right now in the process of switching the paper work with T & Co into our names which requires the ring, original paper work, etc. is sent to T&Co in NYC (so that the trade-in policy would be valid for us, not that we would ever do it)....

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Also...I never dreamed of a T&Co ring, b/c I never thought of it as a reality. When I got mine, I realized I must have REALLY wanted one. I would go for it...you will never wonder too much about the quality.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
It''s a lovely ring. If you both love it -- go for it. You should ask your local Tiffany''s to call in other rings for you to compare. Ask what is the largest H-I, VS2 they have for $8,000.

The design is very cool. My only concern would be how a wedding band sits next to it. Before you buy, ask the store to let you try on the ribbon ring with a few of their wedding bands. Then you will know if the e-ring can sit flush with a wedding band, or if you can live with the gap between the rings. Some posters don''t realize they will have a gap and don''t figure it out until they are looking for a band a year later when it is too late and it drives some of them nuts.

kittyjt

Rough_Rock
UCLABelle,
Congrats to your Tiffany upgrade! Is it the ring in your picture? It''s STUNNING! And the diamond is HUGE! I have never dreamed a Tiffany that big!
So what you are telling me is that if I bought a Tiffany ring from 3rd party, it''s still possible for me to trade it in and upgrade to a bigger Tiffany? How complicated is the process of changing the buyer''s name on the paperworks? How does it work exactly?

Many thanks,

Lauren

kittyjt

Rough_Rock
Kay, I''ll definitely try on some wedding bands together with Ribbon. Good thinking! I perfer a more classic plain platinum wedding band.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your comments. I just love my ring.

If you purchase the ring from a 3rd party, you take the ring into your local T&CO. If you have copies or the paper work, even better. They send the ring to the NYC T&CO which then sends it out to a T&CO appraisal/paper place in Long Island. It takes about 2-3 weeks (with your ring gone every moment
39.gif
)...then the ring will arrive with a new "original" of the paper work, and your name is inputted into the T&CO system as the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results