shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Art Deco (Legend) Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nyc_guy

Rough_Rock
Hi All - I am about to buy my girlfriend an engagment ring, and trust me she has trained me well so I know exactly what to buy: The Tiffany (Art-Deco style) Legend Engagement Ring. However, I have two questions. First, Is this ring still available (I search the T&Co. website, but I could not find it.)? Second, I read on another string here that the ring''s main diamond is about 1c and the ring costs around 12K. I was planning on spending 25-30K on the ring, so I was wondering if it was possible to increase the diamond size, even though the ring seems pre-made. I thank you for any help (and I am certain my girlfriend thanks you). ;-)

[You can see the ring I am talking about on another forum post (search for ''deco'').]

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the big step!!

You don''t mean the Legacy, do you? I''m not familiar with the Legend, but the Legacy is a deco-inspired step-cut cushion in a pave setting. Anyway, when we went to look at it, they had two versions of the setting (simple and ornate) and it came in a variety of carat weights from around 1 on up. If it''s the Legacy, then do a search for that and you''ll get way more info. It''s also not featured on their website for whatever reason.

Now, if there''s some other setting called the Legend, I can''t say for sure, but I imagine it''d be similar in terms of coming in various carat weights.....believe me, T&Co would have very little problem getting 25-30k out of you
2.gif

Is this what you meant?

legacy123.JPG

nyc_guy

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I guess I meant Legacy. So it is still available? Which version did you post the ornate or simple version. I would like to get a 1.5-2C stone, would it be doable with the ornate version (if this is the version my girlfriend likes)?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hi! I just replied on your other thread!

So, that pic I posted is both: actually the side view of the ornate, and the top-down view of the simple. They are VERY similar, however the ornate (the one you posted on the other thread) has a wider shank and pave on three sides of the band, while you can see from the top-down view above that the simple has a much thinner band (and only pave on the top of the band.) (I prefer the simple, actually, but that''s b/c I like a thin band.)

It is most definitely still available--I''m not sure why they don''t advertise it on their site. It is a real stunner in person. I tried on a couple--the ornate version is more expensive b/c of the extra diamonds and detail work, but with your budget, you will have no problem at all getting at least a 1.5. It''s been a few months so I don''t recall which carat weight went w/ which price, but I think I tried on one that was around 1.3 for 17,000? And a larger one (which was like, 37,000 but that was the ornate version. If you''re in the city (as I am) I''d suggest just heading over to the flagship store on 5th.....they have a whole case with a variety of sizes.

It sounds like you''re pretty set on this specific ring, and if that''s her heart''s desire (and yours!!) then great and congrats!! But just fyi, the legacy was sort of a stylistic jumping off point for me and I''ve now looked around at other similar settings--ritani, daniel k, custom settings by leon mege (www.artofplatinum.com.) But the legacy is a very special ring and you will wow her for sure!

Anyway, good luck and keep us all posted!!

jackpot

Rough_Rock
If you are in NYC, the ring is actually in Tiffany''s window right now....on the 5th ave side closest to Trump tower. I drool over it every day on my way to work! It is my dream ring, but I''m afraid my bf doesn''t like it--thinks it is "too much" (whatever that means?!?!!?):) Although he has promised to see it in person this weekend...

Good luck--she''s a very lucky girl!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
they have it in numerous sizes (center stones that it)

jlipping

Rough_Rock
I tried on both of the Legacy style rings (and the one with a round instead of the cushion) and I much prefered the more ornate style, because it sits lower than the more simple version. Also, I was told that the cost difference is small between the simple and more ornate (at the same center stone carat level) because you''re just talking about a few more tiny stones. I also felt that the quality was much better in the more ornate ring. They do start in the range of $12,000 and up for the smallest, which are about 1 carat at I/VS2. I absolutely LOVE this ring, but if anyone else has tried it on, did you notice that the center stone looked dark? It was really weird. I have been drooling over pictures of this ring for ages, and then when I tried it on I was a little disappointed because of this strange darkness. I wish I could say it was the lighting, but come on, in Tiffany''s there''s nothing wrong with the lighting! Those stones usually look like disco balls!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
skates, I actually didn''t notice any difference in the height of the ring btw the ornate and simple....and I guess we were looking at substantially different carat weights b/c the diff. btw the ornate and simple was large. If they made an ornate w/ the thinner band, I would have loved that.

I agree, actually--the stones didn''t catch a huge amount of light--maybe that''s partially due to the bezel, but I''ve tried on comparable Ritani, JB Star, Michael B, and Daniel K settings, and none of them had the same sort of "darkness" refer to--I know what you mean. That said, it is a stunning ring and I''ve not seen any other step-cut cushions like that.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I love the Legacy. Here's an older thread that shows the differences between the two. The more ornate one has the round profile, while the less ornate has the triangle profile. I prefer the profile on the more ornate one, but I don't like the way you have that bolt effect jutting out from the top view of the more ornate version. Ideally I'd have the more ornate profile coupled with the less ornate top!

Legacy thread

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Good god in heaven, that is one gor-jesus ring. (Someone please tell me if taking the lord''s name in vain is a no-no on this forum, as I am new, but sometimes there are no other words.)

I am not a fan of pave, but I have to say this ring needs the extra diamonds. The ornate version is a much better design, imo. Stripping those diamonds away is a crime!

nyc_guy

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the advice. I''ll keep you all updated in my search!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results