shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany 2.9ct Lucida pricing, please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucida

Shiny_Rock

Hi,

I am new to pricescope and would appreciate some expert advise on a Tiffany Lucida cut diamond.
2.9 carats, e color, vvs2 clarity, cut and symmetry as very good, with GIA certification.
Any idea of what a good price would be? Thanks.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
The Lucida is a branded Tiffany diamond. For a 2.9 ct, you are talking a lot of $$$. Have you gone to Tiffany's to price them out at all yet?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
honestly there is no ''good price'' when it comes to pricing out lucidas from tiffany.

they are the only ones who sell that cut so the price they tell you is it...it''s not like you can comparison shop.

i don''t think tiff really negotiates much either...but you might be able to get a tiny bit off if you try it. however, really i would just find out the price directly from tiff since that is who sells it...and no one else.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it could be up tpo 45,000 or so? I might be high but diamond prices are supposed to be up now...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 10:55:19 PM
Author: diamondfan
I think it could be up tpo 45,000 or so? I might be high but diamond prices are supposed to be up now...
That's what I was going to say, df. You are looking at around 50K for a Tiffany Lucida with those specs. Ouch.
6.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 9:29:50 PM
Author:lucida

Hi,

I am new to pricescope and would appreciate some expert advise on a Tiffany Lucida cut diamond.
2.9 carats, e color, vvs2 clarity, cut and symmetry as very good, with GIA certification.
Any idea of what a good price would be? Thanks.
Your details are so specific, I wonder if you are looking at a particular ring that an individual is selling (because if you saw the ring at Tiffany''s you should already know the price). If so, go to Tiffany''s to see how much they are charging for similar rings. Then look at Signed Pieces (http://www.signedpieces.com/search.cfm?vendor_id=43) to see what kind of discount they give from the original price when selling used Tiffany pieces (used prices look to be 45-60% of the original price).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 11:02:20 PM
Author: Dani

That''s what I was going to say, df. You are looking at around 50K for a Tiffany Lucida with those specs. Ouch.
6.gif
Or even more!!
32.gif

lucida

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the responses. I just went to the signedpieces.com site, but they didn''t have the lucida. I saw one on Ebay actually, but it''s listed for $57k, which I thought was too high for a second hand. And it was unmounted. I did call up Tiffany, but they suggest you go into the store, which I haven''t yet. So the 50k you''re saying is retail right? Will it lose its value if it''s used? I''ve heard that they appreciate in value. Thanks.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Unmounted 50K+ stone on Ebay? I see disaster at hand. Don''t do it, just don''t do it.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/9/2006 11:15:46 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 11/9/2006 11:02:20 PM
Author: Dani

That''s what I was going to say, df. You are looking at around 50K for a Tiffany Lucida with those specs. Ouch.
6.gif
Or even more!!
32.gif
Probably double that amount..., and then add "even more!!"!!!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
No way would I spend that money on a second hand, unmounted Lucida. They should not be charging what Tiffs is charging. For virtually the same price, you get a brand new one, with no doubts, from Tiffany.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Back in June, I tried on a Lucida at the Tiffany''s in Chicago. It was barely over 2 carats, G, VVS2. The price? $94K. Some of that was probably attributed to the fancy setting, but that may give you a general idea.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 1:57:49 AM
Author: Beacon
Unmounted 50K+ stone on Ebay? I see disaster at hand. Don't do it, just don't do it.
Okay that brings up a good point. Why would a LUCIDA authentic branded Tiffany stone be sold on eBay by itself? Surely it's worth more with the Tiffany setting as well, if it REALLY is a Tiffany Lucida and not just an unbranded cut cornered square they are trying to pass off as a Lucida. I would NOT touch this stone with a ten foot pole and esp not for $50k.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking the same thing Mara. I don''t know if Tiff laser inscibes those stones, but if they don''t there is certainly an issue regarding authenticity. Generally no one would unmount a Tiffany stone and try to sell it by itself. That would be very foolish. Definitely lose a lot of value, especially cause I think Tiffany uses the setting to put a serial number on the item.

lucida

Shiny_Rock
Supposedly the situation is this with the seller, who is some third party seller on Ebay, with a good feedback reputation too.
The original sellers bought it for 84k two years ago. Now they need money, so they''re just selling the stone because they need the money. They still have the original tiffany platinum mounting to keep as a memory and they mounted a cz on it.
I called Tiffany and they don''t want to have anything to do with it, obviously since it''s a very good price compared with their prices. Their prices for something like this is over 100k! If I''m buying second hand, which I don''t care, I''m saving a lot of money. The original owner isn''t willing to give up the original setting, and this is the only way Tiffany would even look at it, as each one is stamped with a special code or something...I''m stuck and don''t know what to do. My intuition says don''t get yourself in this mess, but I''m saving a lot of money and getting a really great diamond that I''ve always wanted...

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
No way jose
38.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock

Don''t do it!!!

One of the cool parts of owning Tiffany jewelry is being able to bring it into a Tiffany store for servicing. Since you won''t have the setting, I don''t think you will be able to do this. Without the complete ring, why bother? Get an unbranded stone...or a smaller complete ring. Check with Signed Pieces periodically...you never know when they will get a complete one in.

lucida

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I guess I will have to give up on it. How safe is signed pieces? Are their prices good and authentic? I can take them into Tiffany''s and they''ll be able to take care of it?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 8:33:57 PM
Author: lucida
Ok, I guess I will have to give up on it. How safe is signed pieces? Are their prices good and authentic? I can take them into Tiffany''s and they''ll be able to take care of it?
SP as far as I can tell is very safe, all Signed Pieces come with the original documents, certs etc... It''s a great way to get a Tiffany ring, at about half the cost. I have bought from them, but from the facets collection, eternity bands... Maybe call them on Monday and give them the heads up as to what you are looking for and if they come across one they can give you a call, and give you the first shot at it?? Worth a try at least. Good luck!!

lucida

Shiny_Rock
Yeah that sounds like a good idea.
I just saw a lucida on the signed pieces site and brought up the gia cert. It''s just like the one I saw and was going to buy. I did check with gia and the report info does match what was sent to me. but I''ll check out the site again to see if they bring any other pieces. So if I buy from there, I can then take it to Tiffany for service as if I bought it originally right?
Thanks.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lucida,

I just purchased a Tiffany ring from Signedpieces and cannot tell you how happy I am with the ring and their service. The ring is in excellent condition. It came with the Tiffany cert, GIA cert and the blue box. The ring was well packaged and shipped via Fedex. It came 3 nights ago and I just took it to Tiffany to have it sized.

If you are looking for a bigger Lucida, just wait. I know Signedpieces get them quite often. Don't settle for a smaller size than what you wanted. Another thing is that you can put your name on the "wish list" through their web site. Tell them the perameters of what you are looking for and if something comes up, they can contact you. All I can say is that check their web site daily and their auctions on Ebay. I know they sometime do not list what they have on Ebay on their web site.

Also, they have a great return policy, you have 30 days.

Gook luck with your search.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh at least.... it was 65k for an H VS2 2.5 round

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 6:53:47 PM
Author: lucida
Supposedly the situation is this with the seller, who is some third party seller on Ebay, with a good feedback reputation too.
The original sellers bought it for 84k two years ago. Now they need money, so they''re just selling the stone because they need the money. They still have the original tiffany platinum mounting to keep as a memory and they mounted a cz on it.
I called Tiffany and they don''t want to have anything to do with it, obviously since it''s a very good price compared with their prices. Their prices for something like this is over 100k! If I''m buying second hand, which I don''t care, I''m saving a lot of money. The original owner isn''t willing to give up the original setting, and this is the only way Tiffany would even look at it, as each one is stamped with a special code or something...I''m stuck and don''t know what to do. My intuition says don''t get yourself in this mess, but I''m saving a lot of money and getting a really great diamond that I''ve always wanted...
maybe they stole the ring and pried it out of the setting because it said "forever yours, love michael" in it or something... I dunno... sketchy sketchy... if it sounds too good to be true it likely is....

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, sorry! I don't buy the sellers' story either and I wouldn't buy the stone. 1) a ring/ stone of that size and quality at Tiffany's would easily cost over USD100k. I saw a 3.02 (? or sthg like that, just over 3 carat) F VS2 in local Tiffany store abt a month ago and it was abt USD110k. Sure, a 2.9 carat would cost less than a 3 carat but E, vVS2? 2) If I had to sell something because I needed the money, i certainly wouldn't just keep the setting, it'd be too painful! 3) What's the point? The whole point of having a Tiffany's is : i) the setting and ii) all the paperwork, so that you'd be able to take it back to Tiffan's for servicing etc. Otherwise, it'd just be like buying a similar stone elsewhere.

Sorry!! sounds very fishy to me!

susi

Shiny_Rock
Lucida, welcome to PS!! As for the Tiffany Lucida, I have one that was purchased through SighedPieces. My transaction with SP was flawless. I got in touch with SP by email saying that I was looking for a 1+ ct Lucida and about 2 weeks later, I received a phone call from David with specs on a lucida ring/stone that they had available and ready to ship.

As for price....I feel it was very fair and that my DH would have paid more in store.....yet, I have the paperwork, the blue box, the GIA Report on my diamond ( these diamonds are lasered with information and it will match the paperwork info ) and the priviledge of taking my ring to Tiffanys for any repair or polishing.

The best of all worlds!

Of course, it is a wonderful feeling to actually go and shop at Tiffanys. But, it was a wonderful feeling the day the FedEx truck stopped at my door too with a package from SignedPieces!
36.gif
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, I was lowballing it.

Lucida, to me, if it sounds too good to be true it likely is. DO NOT BUY OFF EBAY esp not that type of thing.

Signed Pieces sounds like an awesome alternative. Be patient and you will not end up out 50,000.00. Story sounds bogus to me, because the value is in the whole ring when it is Tiffany or Harry Winston.

I know prices are insane. I upgraded a Tiffany three stone to a large ec there and prices have gone nuts since I did it...so SP might be the best choice...

lucida

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, and thank you so much for your input and suggestions. I''ve given up on the Ebay seller and am waiting for signedpieces to have one in inventory.
I''m glad I was referred here. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results