shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiaras

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Until I saw her in this crown I didn't even know her eyes were green!

Same for me. Eugenie looks just beautiful, and so, so happy.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess Eugenie's tiara can be, and probably was, included in the Royal Jewels thread. Anyone interested in it should look there for it, too. There may be more historical information about it there, as all the tiaras in the British royal family are discussed in detail in that thread. This thread about tiaras was created by Bobby for tiaras that were not the property of royal families and that did not, therefore, belong in the Royal Jewels thread. :))

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hey good people! Haven't been around lately and just wanted to say I'm OK. As most people, I'm also working from home. As few people, I have a tiara to keep me company during work hours Last week it was the Fringe, this week it is the myrtle wreath's turn. The tiara cabinet is right next to me and I can peak at the rest any time during the day.
Hope you're also safe and making the most of the current situation :)

IMG_20200326_150258.jpg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Bobby! Glad to hear you're safe and sound. I'd love to be in isolation with my favourite tiara. Looking forward to many knowledgeable posts from you!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is one of my tiaras, worn by a lovely model. The photo doesn't show how sparkly it really is. It is all crystals, prong set into white metal, probably used in a pageant of some kind
It was purchased at a thrift store. Yay for thrifting!
IMG_20171022_110005.jpg

That is gorgouse !
Its like a fairy tale tiara !

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I posted this on the coral thread but I am going to post here too (because I am excited.) Here is my new coral and paste tiara from around 1835. I need to get a picture wearing it will all of my coral.
il_570xN.1422185142_ea1e.jpg

Hey Vesper, are you still wearing this one? I had forgotten how lovely it is :)
It's pushing 2 centuries, do you know any of its history?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
So I was watching (or rather listening to) Pawn Stars on TV when I heard someone say ''tiara'' and quickly tuned all my attention to what was on the screen!
Turns out a descendant of President and Mrs. McKinley had brought her diamond wing tiara to be apprised and eventually sold. Definitely not the usual jewel you see on a show like this and not the type of jewel you see owned by a seemingly regular bloke.

He said the piece was inherited by him and his brothers and since they can't split it, they'd like to sell it... for 75k. They had an appraiser - Greg Kwiat from Fred Leighton - who confirmed that the tiara might fetch 75k on the high street and commented on the good quality of the diamonds and the craftsmanship. The guy he negotiated with offered 35k, then 40k, but that's not what the descendant hoped for so he took some time to consider it...

Anyway, seems like he later bought the tiara for 43k and re-sold it to the McKinley Presidential Library and Museum in Ohio where it is now displayed.

Funny how the tiara was called ''the USA Crown Jewels'' on the show.

1612884192395.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I was watching (or rather listening to) Pawn Stars on TV when I heard someone say ''tiara'' and quickly tuned all my attention to what was on the screen!
Turns out a descendant of President and Mrs. McKinley had brought her diamond wing tiara to be apprised and eventually sold. Definitely not the usual jewel you see on a show like this and not the type of jewel you see owned by a seemingly regular bloke.

He said the piece was inherited by him and his brothers and since they can't split it, they'd like to sell it... for 75k. They had an appraiser - Greg Kwiat from Fred Leighton - who confirmed that the tiara might fetch 75k on the high street and commented on the good quality of the diamonds and the craftsmanship. The guy he negotiated with offered 35k, then 40k, but that's not what the descendant hoped for so he took some time to consider it...

Anyway, seems like he later bought the tiara for 43k and re-sold it to the McKinley Presidential Library and Museum in Ohio where it is now displayed.

Funny how the tiara was called ''the USA Crown Jewels'' on the show.

1612884192395.png

Love it !
And also love its in the right museum

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
This thread has been sound asleep for over a year, but we have a good reason to wake it up!!!

As part of the events celebrating Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee, Sotheby's is hosing a splendid exhibition of over 40 tiaras from private collections!
Power & Image: Royal & Aristocratic Tiaras opens next Saturday, 28th May and runs till 15th June.

So far pics of 9 tiaras have been released. Among them are pieces from the collections of the Duke of Kent (HM's cousin), the Dukes of Devonshire and Norfolk, the Earls Spencer, Rosebery and Derby, which have graced the heads or several generations and been worn at various royal-related events.
1652968009065.png

I'm going to London for the Jubilee weekend and I'm planning a 'diamond day' with my friends at the Sotheby's exhibition as well at the Jewel room at the V&A! My poor friends might throw me in the Tower or even the Themes after all the blabbing :D Just two more weeks to go and my head is already spinning!

thirdrock

Shiny_Rock
This thread has been sound asleep for over a year, but we have a good reason to wake it up!!!

As part of the events celebrating Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee, Sotheby's is hosing a splendid exhibition of over 40 tiaras from private collections!
Power & Image: Royal & Aristocratic Tiaras opens next Saturday, 28th May and runs till 15th June.

So far pics of 9 tiaras have been released. Among them are pieces from the collections of the Duke of Kent (HM's cousin), the Dukes of Devonshire and Norfolk, the Earls Spencer, Rosebery and Derby, which have graced the heads or several generations and been worn at various royal-related events.
1652968009065.png

I'm going to London for the Jubilee weekend and I'm planning a 'diamond day' with my friends at the Sotheby's exhibition as well at the Jewel room at the V&A! My poor friends might throw me in the Tower or even the Themes after all the blabbing :D Just two more weeks to go and my head is already spinning!

That turquoise tiara is amazing!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny just posted a very informative video about tiaras in "Hangout". I thought it should definitely be linked to this thread about tiaras.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results