Tiaras

dentymarisol

Rough_Rock
lol, nice thread
dot.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I saw that the Tiaras thread was up at the top again, I was hoping to see that someone had posted a picture of whatever diadem Countess Hélène had in her hair at her wedding, but, alas, that was not was not to be!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo is, unfortunately, about as good as it gets for showing whatever diamdem Countess Hélène wore in her hair for her wedding. Her lace veil was spectacular, although this photograph does not show it to advantage. I welcome any more information or photos of the tiara or diadem she had in her hair if anyone comes up with any!

Deb/AGBF

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

CountessHeleneAsBride.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Deb, I spent hours trying to find a closer picture from the back, with no luck. Got completely sidetracked into various sites with so many beautiful tiara pics -- my eyes have sparkles in them, I'm blinded!

One forum suggested it might be a necklace on call as a tiara for the day. I'm dying to see it better too!

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately it seems that there are no rear view of Countess Helene. A pitty as I, just like you, would love to see a photo of the head jewels she wore. To me it looks like it might be a small diedeme worn upside-down or a diamond hair comb. It's also likely that it comes from her husband's family the Barons Janssen.
Anyway, here's a photo of the bride's mother Countess Anna Maria d'Udekem d'Acoz (nee Countess Komorowska) with an impressive antique diamond necklace. To me it looks like it converts into a tiara. The jewel probably comes from the collection of her late mother-in-law - Baroness Suzanne d'Udekem d'Acoz.
The photo:
115918720.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/115918720/WireImage

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That necklace looks Georgian -- do you know more about it, Bobby?

Snazzy hat too.

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1308615416|2950627 said:
That necklace looks Georgian -- do you know more about it, Bobby?

Snazzy hat too.

--- Laurie

I'm sorry, but no. I can only speculate about the necklace. I might well be wrong on what I wrote in the previous post, actually.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1308574340|2950068 said:
Prince Antonius zu Furstenberg & Countess Matilde Borromeo were married on June 19. Since they are noble, not royal, I put this here. Her tiara is from the Furstenberg family. The Borromeos are one of the oldest Italian noble families and own a castle on an island in Lago Maggiore, which is where the wedding took place. Mathilde's sister Beatrice is the girlfriend of Pierre Casiraghi, Princess Caroline's son.

Ohh, thanks for this lovely photo, JF! I've been wondering what tiara Countess Matilde wore at the wedding for awhile. So far I'd only seen some very blurry photos taken during the cutting of the cake with no flash.
This particular tiara lookls like it can be worn as a really large necklace. Anyone to share ny opinion?
BTW, The Furstin has worn another, equally impressive diamond and pearl diademe. At this wedding she wore a big diamond necklace.

Bobby

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1308604420|2950484 said:
I spent hours trying to find a closer picture from the back, with no luck. Got completely sidetracked into various sites with so many beautiful tiara pics -- my eyes have sparkles in them, I'm blinded!

One forum suggested it might be a necklace on call as a tiara for the day. I'm dying to see it better too!

Laurie, I just wanted to let you and Bobby know that I branched out today and searched in French. I found some material on Countess Hélène that I had not found in English, but absolutely nothing new on the diadem she wore in her hair for her wedding! Yes, I am obsessed with that darned tiara or hair ornament she wore! She looked so lovely!

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a "new" website and downloaded several photos that I had not before seen of the Countess Hélène's wedding (and by, "wedding", I mean hair!). I tried to edit one of the photos to show her head more than other, extraneous things in the shot. I am not sure how it will come out. I fear it may be small, rather than showing a blow up of a small part of the photo. I hate these computer programs; it isn't like having your own darkroom! You have no control!

Deb/AGBF

CountessHeleneInCar.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is another view of Countess Hélène from the back.

CountessHeleneBackView.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to enlarge the photo to see if It would allow a better view of the tiara (or diadem or whatever it is)!!!

Deb/AGBF

CountessHeleneBackView1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In this picture, Countess Hélène has her head bent, which allows us a glimpse at the mysterious hair ornament!

CountessHeleneHeadBent.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a view of the top of the head of Countess Hélène that the photographer got while she was getting out of her carriage. I grabbed it to show the diadem, of course!

CountessHeleneTopOfHead.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is yet another view of the back of Countess Hélène's head.

CountessHeleneAnotherView.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Great idea, Deb, French! I copied you & searched in Flemish. Found these -- they give some idea of the design of the piece -- flowers, something foliate. Would sure love to know if it's a hair ornament in real life, a necklace, diadem or what. Must be gorgeous!

Helene+Udekem+Acoz+Nicolas+Janssen+Wedding+2IVgDyV0MoVl.jpg

Helene+Udekem+Acoz+Nicolas+Janssen+Wedding+tL--vUFVAT3l.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The bride's sister Elisabeth was equally elegant that day. Emerald bead choker, it looks like. Her outfit is smashing too. I love her little wedding elf with his comerbund wandering.

Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz.jpg

Helene+Udekem+Acoz+Nicolas+Janssen+Wedding+eak1rTxP9Shl.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laurie-I really think you you have a winner with this picture of the hair ornament!

Deb

JewelFreakPhotoOfHelene.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I confess. They just wanted to come home with me!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1308098404|2946096 said:
I am one step closer to adding a new tiara to my collection. I found out I am one of three finalists for a national teaching award. It will be a few months before I find out if I win, but I'm really happy to have made it to the finals.

If I win, I think this is what I'll get...it is a replica of the emerald tiara of the French crown jewels.

Hi Maria!

I believe you'd like to have a replica of a royal tiara, but what about this pearl and diamond floral tiara? You might also combine the purchise of this one with a visit to the Royal Palaces in Great Britain :)
68145_4.jpg
http://www.historicroyalpalaces.com...78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/6/8/68145_4.jpg

You might laos like to see the other tiaras and jewels here - http://www.historicroyalpalaces.com/jewellery.html

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Not bad Bobby! It will be spring 2012 before I find out, so I've got lots of time to find something in case I win!

steveaastin

Rough_Rock
Tiara is one of my favorite. I wish to design one tiara for my girl :)

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
Thai Royal Tiara. from p.5

K6545948-141.jpg

parts of this tiara can be removed and wear as a bracelet.

K6545948-142.jpg

HM The Queen of Thailand

K6844924-116.jpg K6545948-140.jpg

HRH Princess Soamsawali ,the first wife of HRH the Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn.

K6844924-14.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I love the picture of how that Thai tiara dismantles! Thanks AmayasV! I am always interested in the construction of a tiara as well as the sparkles!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, the bracelets! Magnificent when you see the detail. Her necklaces are gorgeous too. The tiara would look nice worn more open & tilted back a bit, too, sort of like the Scandinavian princesses wear theirs.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Charlene is not wearing a tiara for the religious ceremony :( There seems to be some jeweled hair ornament at the back of her bun though.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prince Albert's recent wedding to Charlene Wittstock has led me into some digging around into Monagasque history in a search for information germane to the nuptials. Since digging around usually leads to places one does not expect, I have found some things that are unrelated to the nuptials, too! Did anyone ever post a picture of the Bains de Mer tiara of Monaco in this thread before? I was quite taken with it! In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing an entire thread on just the tiaras of Monaco!

This link tells a bit about its history and construction. It contains three cabochon rubies and can be taken apart:

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2011/06/tiara-thursday-bains-de-mer-tiara.html

Deb/AGBF

PrincessGraceBainsdeMerTiaraCloseUp.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Ocean Jewel, designed by Van Cleef & Arpels, was a royal gift from H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco to H.S.H. Princess Charlene. The Ocean Jewel is made of white gold, round-cut diamonds and blue sapphires, which carry 11 pear-cut diamonds. The Ocean Jewel is a necklace, which transforms into a royal tiara.

(fogdancer posted photos of this necklace that becomes a tiara in the Royal Jewels forum a couple of days ago, and I was waiting for her to post the photos here, but when she did not, I decided to do so. I was not trying to steal her thunder! She learned of this lovely tiara first!)

Deb/AGBF

TheOceanJewelNecklace.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results