shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiaras

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
That video was way cool! I love seeing how it was constructed and I really found the small bit at the end where it looks like they are taking the tiara/necklace off of its frame quite interesting! She should have worn this tiara to the reception!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1309831462|2961749 said:
That video was way cool! I love seeing how it was constructed and I really found the small bit at the end where it looks like they are taking the tiara/necklace off of its frame quite interesting! She should have worn this tiara to the reception!

Well, there is a difference between your ladyship and Her Serene Highness. Your ladyship is most definitely not tiaraphobic!

Deb
:read:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1309832650|2961756 said:
LadyMaria|1309831462|2961749 said:

Well, there is a difference between your ladyship and Her Serene Highness. Your ladyship is most definitely not tiaraphobic!

Deb

Nope! :wacko: In fact, I'll be cracking out the Queen of Spackle tiara later today because I'm changing out some pictures from my little prince's room!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1309745582|2961356 said:
Prince Albert's recent wedding to Charlene Wittstock has led me into some digging around into Monagasque history in a search for information germane to the nuptials. Since digging around usually leads to places one does not expect, I have found some things that are unrelated to the nuptials, too! Did anyone ever post a picture of the Bains de Mer tiara of Monaco in this thread before? I was quite taken with it! In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing an entire thread on just the tiaras of Monaco!

This link tells a bit about its history and construction. It contains three cabochon rubies and can be taken apart:

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2011/06/tiara-thursday-bains-de-mer-tiara.html

Deb/AGBF

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

No one has posted photos of the Princess Grace's tiara from the Société des Bains de Mer here, and that shouldn't surprise anyone since this thread is for tiaras that do not fall into the Royal Jewls category. Grand Ducal tiaras also don't belong here.

Regards,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1309888005|2962039 said:
Nope! :wacko: In fact, I'll be cracking out the Queen of Spackle tiara later today because I'm changing out some pictures from my little prince's room!

Nice to hear that one of your tiaras was out and about again, Maria! BTW, what did you wear at the Albert II & Charlene's wedding last week?

Bobby

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prince.of.preslav|1310061077|2963912 said:
No one has posted photos of the Princess Grace's tiara from the Société des Bains de Mer here, and that shouldn't surprise anyone since this thread is for tiaras that do not fall into the Royal Jewls category. Grand Ducal tiaras also don't belong here.

I'm sorry, Bobby, but the parameters of this thread are not clear to me. Are we simply not supposed to discuss the tiaras of reigning members of royal families like the Queen of England and The Princess of Monaco (as well as a Grand Duchess) here? Or are we not supposed to discuss the tiaras of the members of any royal families here, for example the Countess of Wessex or Princess Madeleine of Sweden?

I know that we can discuss the jewelry of the Countess of Wessex or Princess Madeleine in the Royal Jewels thread, but I had thought that their tiaras could be discussed in this thread!

Deb/AGBF

luckky

Shiny_Rock
LadyMaria|1309619784|2960583 said:
Charlene is not wearing a tiara for the religious ceremony :( There seems to be some jeweled hair ornament at the back of her bun though.

This is one of the traditional hair style :) Especially long time ago most Thai women will have their hair long and pull up as a bun like that for simple and elegant look. If you see some of picture of Traditional Thai dancing girl in traditional dress will have a hair piece like this or taller hair piece mostly. (This picture probably like at least 50 years ago when she was 18-20 year old when she got married and crown as a queen) This tiara is more like a hair piece and hold the bun. Later on when she was getting older and more modern style or many of her tiaras are different look. That's very beautiful indeed thank you for sharing :)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1310094834|2964395 said:
I'm sorry, Bobby, but the parameters of this thread are not clear to me...........................................................................

Deb/AGBF

Hi Deb!
I started this thred so that we have a place to discuss tiaras (my favourite jewels) that do not fall in the Royal Jewels category. The way I see it, tiaras from noble & aristocratic families from across the world, tiaras from famous jewellery collections (Elizabeth Taylor comes to mind), as well as tiaras from the persoanl collections of Pricescopers (Lady Maria and DOCSKI), and any other tiara which shall not be discussed on Royal Jewels belong here.
The Margravine of Baden's laurel-leaf tiara, Queen Anne-Marie's jewels, the (ex-)Bulgarian royal family's, as well as these from the British Queen and her family's collections, the Monegasque and Dutch tiaras, etc all belong to the Royal Jewels thread.

Hope I shed some more light to the parametersof this thread.

Bobby

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prince.of.preslav|1310160870|2965013 said:
I started this thred so that we have a place to discuss tiaras (my favourite jewels) that do not fall in the Royal Jewels category. The way I see it, tiaras from noble & aristocratic families from across the world, tiaras from famous jewellery collections (Elizabeth Taylor comes to mind), as well as tiaras from the persoanl collections of Pricescopers (Lady Maria and DOCSKI), and any other tiara which shall not be discussed on Royal Jewels belong here.
The Margravine of Baden's laurel-leaf tiara, Queen Anne-Marie's jewels, the (ex-)Bulgarian royal family's, as well as these from the British Queen and her family's collections, the Monegasque and Dutch tiaras, etc all belong to the Royal Jewels thread.

Hope I shed some more light to the parametersof this thread.

You have, indeed. Thank you.

Deb/AGBF

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1310061270|2963917 said:
Nice to hear that one of your tiaras was out and about again, Maria! BTW, what did you wear at the Albert II & Charlene's wedding last week?

Bobby

We are visiting my mother in law right now, so I don't have the picture. There hasn't been much time for checking email here! I wore my Countess of Cakes tiara. I'll post when we get back!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1310170974|2965159 said:
You have, indeed. Thank you.

Deb/AGBF

You,re welcome, Deb!

LadyMaria|1310391613|2966424 said:
We are visiting my mother in law right now, so I don't have the picture. There hasn't been much time for checking email here! I wore my Countess of Cakes tiara. I'll post when we get back!

Take your time, Maria! Looking forward to the photo of you wearg the Art Deco bandeau :razz:

Best, ladies!

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Do you know who made Eva's tiara, Bobby? It is magnificent! I think I'd like it best as a necklace -- I'm not fond of tiaras that come to a point -- but it would be totally stunning as a necklace. Where is it now?

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi Laurie!

Though I don't really know who made this tiara, something about it says Van Cleef & Arpels to me. It would mek a sumptuous necklace, indeed.

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Bobby, I couldn't find the maker of Eva's tiara either. Could be VC&A. Or Winston. It was reportedly given to her in the 1950s by the Dutch RF -- kind of odd, I wonder if that's correct.

This & a ring & earrings were the ones stolen from a Spanish jeweler & recovered a month or so ago.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Long overdue, but here is the picture of me "attending" Albert and Charlene's wedding. I am wearing my Countess of Cakes tiara and some of the "jewelry" that I brought back from Michigan. I rescued all of jewelry that I played dress up with when I was little for my little princess.

ladymalchar.jpg

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I found this on the internet. It says it's part of the French jewels, but I can't really be sure. Anyway, it's emerald and diamonds.

marie-therese-duc-d-angouleme-emerald-and-diamond-tiara-french-crown-jewels-300x136.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
sweet_pea|1311186052|2973143 said:
I found this on the internet. It says it's part of the French jewels, but I can't really be sure. Anyway, it's emerald and diamonds.

This is a well-known part of the French crown jewels. It is also on the cover of the Munn Tiara Book. It is one of my favorite colored stone tiaras.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
LadyMaria|1311189396|2973183 said:

This is a well-known part of the French crown jewels. It is also on the cover of the Munn Tiara Book. It is one of my favorite colored stone tiaras.

Oh, that's good to know. I wasn't familiar with it, and you can't believe everything on the internet of course. I think it's really pretty too.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1311189396|2973183 said:

You can also admire it in the Louvre. Well, at least when the jewels are returned to Galerie d'Apollon. Perhaps we can continue the discussion in the Royal Jewels thread?
BTW, this is one of my ultimate favs, too.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1311107064|2972455 said:
Long overdue, but here is the picture of me "attending" Albert and Charlene's wedding. I am wearing my Countess of Cakes tiara and some of the "jewelry" that I brought back from Michigan. I rescued all of jewelry that I played dress up with when I was little for my little princess.
Lovely photo, Maria! Nice to see the old stuff back in use again. Thanks!
For some reason this remindes me of the small tiara worn by Princess Noor in Amsterdam some years ago:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2006/06103024.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prince.of.preslav|1311300527|2974249 said:
LadyMaria|1311107064|2972455 said:
Long overdue, but here is the picture of me "attending" Albert and Charlene's wedding. I am wearing my Countess of Cakes tiara....

Lovely photo, Maria! Nice to see the old stuff back in use again. Thanks!
For some reason this remindes me of the small tiara worn by Princess Noor in Amsterdam some years ago:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2006/06103024.jpg

I agree, Bobby. The tiaras are quite similar. Do you think Princess Noor might have copied Lady Maria's design?

AGBF

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I was pretty shocked when I saw Princess Noor's tiara! They do look similar with the zig zag design!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
In some random searchings, I found several listings from an auction at Rosebery's. Some of these look like they could be replicas.

Rosebery1.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love the one by Lacloche Freres. So elegant and timeless.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1311532044|2975832 said:
I just might have to add this to my collection...

http://www.tiaratown.com/katetiara.html

If you buy the halo, would you mind if I bought the Princess Grace model? I have taken rather a fancy to it since you sent me to that site!

Deb

tiaratownprincessgrace.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1311557085|2976055 said:
LadyMaria|1311532044|2975832 said:
I just might have to add this to my collection...

http://www.tiaratown.com/katetiara.html

If you buy the halo, would you mind if I bought the Princess Grace model? I have taken rather a fancy to it since you sent me to that site!

Deb

Go for it Deb!

I think I deserve a new tiara after this whole kidney stone debacle. I could call this my "Kate and Kidneys" tiara. I like to wear my tiaras later at times that relate to the tiara's name, but I am in no hurry to repeat this kidney stone experience. But I could wear this when I am looking up pictures on the Duchess of Cambridge...

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Another sparkly tiara from the Roseberry Auction...I'd say it bears a resemblance to the Russian Kokoshink...

Rosebery2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Again from Rosebery's but I think this is a close-up of the replica of the Girls of Great Britian and Ireland from my earlier picture.

Rosebery3.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results