Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiaras

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
6,186
I think of the Cartier plain gold band I'm getting as kind of a coronet. :saint:

Do you want me to wear it on my head when I post my pictures? :cheeky:

I think there's something so elemental about a gold crown and this is as close as I'll get.

Bobby, you and some others don't venture out of these two threads. I'm getting my ring next week. I'll let you know because I want you to be a part of my celebration.

BTW, I wrote a long post about Catherine and jewels in the other forum. I don't think my thoughts were very original but I hope some of you enjoy it.

Danny
 

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
3,694
Grat news, Danny! Cangratulations!!! Would you lead me to a thread where I can read more about the happy event and the ring?

Best,
Bobby
 

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
6,186
prince.of.preslav|1335658486|3183215 said:
Grat news, Danny! Cangratulations!!! Would you lead me to a thread where I can read more about the happy event and the ring?

Best,
Bobby
Thanks, Bobby! Yes, when I post my ring, I'll come back and give you a link!

Best,
Danny
 

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
7,768
Hey Danny, where did you write about your ring? I didn't see it. FAB! I'm so pleased for you. Please post pics as soon as the beauty arrives! I can just imagine how excited you are. :appl: :appl:

--- Laurie
 

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
7,768
Bobby, I saw your link to the Sotheby's auction. Somehow that one didn't have the usually gasp-worthy pieces, imo. In fact, I had to pass this along -- my nomination for Ugliest Tiara Ever Created. Maker unknown, with good reason! :lol:

10-15K.jpg
 

Teriann

Rough_Rock
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
16
JewelFreak|1335790819|3183921 said:
Bobby, I saw your link to the Sotheby's auction. Somehow that one didn't have the usually gasp-worthy pieces, imo. In fact, I had to pass this along -- my nomination for Ugliest Tiara Ever Created. Maker unknown, with good reason! :lol:
I love amethyst...but this is kinda ugly.
 

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
6,186
JewelFreak|1335790666|3183919 said:
Hey Danny, where did you write about your ring? I didn't see it. FAB! I'm so pleased for you. Please post pics as soon as the beauty arrives! I can just imagine how excited you are. :appl: :appl:

--- Laurie
Hi Laurie, I forgot where I wrote about it but basically SO told me he wants to get my ring and he said it out of a clear view sky.

Yes, I'm very excited!

It will be within a couple weeks and I'll post links so no one misses it with my pictures on the day it gets here! :))

Ok, back to the topic! I don't want to be such a threadjacker! :bigsmile:
 

Teriann

Rough_Rock
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
16
JewelFreak|1335790819|3183921 said:
Bobby, I saw your link to the Sotheby's auction. Somehow that one didn't have the usually gasp-worthy pieces, imo. In fact, I had to pass this along -- my nomination for Ugliest Tiara Ever Created. Maker unknown, with good reason! :lol:
this one may top yours...I think it would be fantastic if they would take all the pears and emeralds off but in the current state...it's awful :(.

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/jewelry/an-impressive-emerald-natural-pearl-5561409-details.aspx?from=searchresults&&pos=5&intObjectID=5561409&sid=b61a80eb-aa94-45fa-a15c-0410f00629fa&page=4
 

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
7,768
Ooh ahhh, Teriann, I agree -- ghastly! I'd love to get my hands on those emeralds & use them for something glorious. The tiara would be very nice without all the spikey stuff.

Beth, that one is interesting, but not up my alley either, too sharply geometric for me.

--- Laurie
 

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
3,694
Teriann|1335984291|3185856 said:
this one may top yours...I think it would be fantastic if they would take all the pears and emeralds off but in the current state...it's awful :(.

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/jewelry/an-impressive-emerald-natural-pearl-5561409-details.aspx?from=searchresults&&pos=5&intObjectID=5561409&sid=b61a80eb-aa94-45fa-a15c-0410f00629fa&page=4
It has been a lovely tiara in the beginning, but I fear that this is just yet another example that later modifications of tiaras are usually unfortunate... I can see a couple of pairs of earrings, a beautiful pearl necklace and a few more jewels in this tiara ;-)

On a side note, the diamond bandeau remindes me of the large Belle Epoque tiara that Cartier made for Queen Elizabeth of Belgium.

Bobby
 

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
3,694
Today, at the State Opening of Parliament some peeresses/wifes of peers wore tiaras but I've only been able to find photos of this lady and her rather lovely tiara. Wish I knew who she's.
144058549.jpg
Photo by Oli Scarff - WPA Pool/Getty Images

Naturally, Her Majesties also wore tiaras. I'll see if any photos of them are worth posting.
 

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
3,694
prince.of.preslav|1336602709|3191556 said:
Today, at the State Opening of Parliament some peeresses/wifes of peers wore tiaras but I've only been able to find photos of this lady and her rather lovely tiara. Wish I knew who she's.
144058549.jpg
Photo by Oli Scarff - WPA Pool/Getty Images

Naturally, Her Majesties also wore tiaras. I'll see if any photos of them are worth posting.
That last sentence should read: Naturally, Her Majesty's ladies-in-waiting also wore tiaras. I'll see if any photos of them are worth posting.
Of the two ladies that accompanied The Queen I was able to recognise the Countess of Airlie, Lady of the Bedchamber to HM. It is possible that the other lady in attendance was Lady Elton. It's very likely that Lady Airlie wore the diamond tiara from her husband's family.

Bobby
 

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
3,694
Here are two photos of other tiara-wearing ladies at yesterday's State Opening of Parliament. The lady on the left (Lady Truscott) is wearing a pearl and diamond kokoshnik made by Cartier in 1908 in Paris. She has worn it on at least one other occasion.

144058738.jpg
144058736.jpg
Photo by Arthur Edwards - WPA Pool/Getty Images
Photo by Arthur Edwards - WPA Pool/Getty Images

I've seen other tree ladies in tiaras - a small ears of wheat bandeau, a spiked diamond piece and an emerald whooper (worn with other large emerald and diamond jewels).

PS: These are all wifes of peers; peeresses in their own right wore robes.

Bobby
 

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
3,694
While browsing the net a few days ago, I came across some photos from the 2008 wedding of Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier. One of the photos shows Caroline Fleming (nee Baroness Iuel-Brockdorff) wearing a diamond spiked tiara:
CarolineFleming_tiara.jpg
 

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
1,236
prince.of.preslav|1338472831|3206738 said:
Do you think that Leonora, Countess of Lichfield wore her wedding tiara as necklace at the private party for Elizabeth II's 80th birthday?

2006:
72741841-lady-leonora-lichfield-with-her-son-lord-gettyimages.jpg
Photo by Tim Graham/Getty Images

1975:
2.2690577.jpg

Bobby
Sure looks like the same one to me!!!
 

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
3,694
LadyMaria|1338505532|3206952 said:
Sure looks like the same one to me!!!
Thanks, Maria!
I do wonder, then, if the jewel was a wedding present to her (her father, the 5th Duke of Westminster, comes to mind), since Lady Leonora divorced Lord Lichfied many years before the photo was taken.

By the way, did her daughter-in-law wear a tiara at her own wedding? The current Lady Lichfield is the daughter of the 8th Marquess Conyngham and probably has a family tiara.
 

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
6,186
Imdanny|1335778626|3183861 said:
prince.of.preslav|1335658486|3183215 said:
Grat news, Danny! Cangratulations!!! Would you lead me to a thread where I can read more about the happy event and the ring?

Best,
Bobby
Thanks, Bobby! Yes, when I post my ring, I'll come back and give you a link!

Best,
Danny
Here you go, Bobby...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-is-here.176037/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-is-here.176037/[/URL]
 

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
3,694
Cordata|1292953962|2802930 said:
I also wonder about it's origin, but unfortunately most vendors prefer to stay anonymous when they auction their family jewellery.

Here is another anonymous tiara which I like very much. What do you think about this amethyst and diamond tiara? I once found the picture on the Foro Dinastías, but there was no info about it. The picture looks like it came from an auction house, but I couldn't find this tiara anywhere.
floral20ax0_0.jpg
The tiara belongs (or at least belonged) to the famous Fouché d'Otrante family. It was worn by Countess Birgitta d’Otrante at the weddingof HRH Princess Benedikte of Denmark to HSH Prince Richard of S-W-B in 1968.

Bobby
 

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
3,694
Alert! This post contains information about the 3rd season of Downton Abbey!

Yesterday I watched the 1st episode and it was great! As you may've expected, a certain Lady Mary got married... and wore a tiara. In fact, a Georgian 'spray of leaves and floral clusters' that divides into two brooches from the collection of British antique jeweller Bentley & Skinner.
As I don't want to spoil everything, I won't post photos of the bride or the tiara. Photos can be seen on line and at the jeweller's website.

Bobby
 

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
1,236
Wait a week or two, then post pictures!
 

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
3,988
What do you guys think of the tiara in the PS blog?
 

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
3,694
Lady_Disdain|1349311433|3278975 said:
What do you guys think of the tiara in the PS blog?
I do not like it. Not on first sight, at lest. It is too modern for my taste. I would lik to see it worn to make my final judgement, but I do not think this will change my final opiion.

Bobby
 

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
3,988
prince.of.preslav|1349466481|3280042 said:
Lady_Disdain|1349311433|3278975 said:
What do you guys think of the tiara in the PS blog?
I do not like it. Not on first sight, at lest. It is too modern for my taste. I would lik to see it worn to make my final judgement, but I do not think this will change my final opiion.

Bobby
I don't like it either and I am a huge fan of modern designs (the Midnight tiara is a favourite and I really like Charlene's new headdresses as well). The placement of the figures in this tiara seems unbalanced and I dislike the proportions (too high). But, hey, maybe it really comes together when worn. I hope...
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top