shape
carat
color
clarity

Tianyu OEC lab diamonds

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I have bought lab diamond from .5 to 1.5 ct in fancy vivid yellow and have been impressed every time.

I have not seen a video of their OMC. I would wait till they have had a little more practice

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find the website very difficult to understand. Is pricing word of mouth or is it the price range listed?

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I find the website very difficult to understand. Is pricing word of mouth or is it the price range listed?

I haven’t purchased from them, but I think it’s best to contact them and work out what you want and they’ll quote a price. There’s a lot more info about this vendor on the fabulous fashion jewelry forum on PS.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I haven’t purchased from them, but I think it’s best to contact them and work out what you want and they’ll quote a price. There’s a lot more info about this vendor on the fabulous fashion jewelry forum on PS.

Yes, it's best to contact them (I recommend Ella) and tell her what you want and she will provide a quote.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@AprilBaby I always got my quotes through Ella via email. That website is crazy confusing.

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Is this what you mean?

Greg prefers we pay more to ensure I get something I will love. So something that has a proven track record so to speak. He’s concerned if I order Lab OEC diamonds from Tianyu and I don’t like it I’ll have issues returning it since it’s in China.

I’m sorry. I’d love to be able to be a pioneer and help others but it’s too much money to risk it. I have decided to go another way. But I’ll definitely follow this thread and add info to this thread if I come across anything worth sharing.

Missy It is so hard taking a chance with a vendor outside your country! I was looking at all the mentioned Chinese Vendors for a lab oval and came across a company in India that I also asked to quote me.

From first message the company in India were much more helpful, communication was fast and no communication issue and they went over and above what I was expecting, I just got a good vibe so i took a chance and went with them!

My ring (1.30 oval halo with side baguettes) was shipped today and the whole process was easy start to finish! That said i am still nervous as it was a big purchase but I figured I took as many precautions as I could to mitigate the risk and if it pays off i will have gotten a bargain!! Keep all the fingers and toes crossed me for ha ha!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy It is so hard taking a chance with a vendor outside your country! I was looking at all the mentioned Chinese Vendors for a lab oval and came across a company in India that I also asked to quote me.

From first message the company in India were much more helpful, communication was fast and no communication issue and they went over and above what I was expecting, I just got a good vibe so i took a chance and went with them!

My ring (1.30 oval halo with side baguettes) was shipped today and the whole process was easy start to finish! That said i am still nervous as it was a big purchase but I figured I took as many precautions as I could to mitigate the risk and if it pays off i will have gotten a bargain!! Keep all the fingers and toes crossed me for ha ha!

Fingers and toes are crossed for you!!! Hope it’s beautiful and you’re thrilled with it!❤️

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Hi all

Small update I have asked the Tiyanu team for a video of the OEC CVDs and currently they don’t have any - they would cut them to spec. Right now for me, it’s a not yet until I see a few they have cut. I will keep you posted.

Happy Saturday!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I'll be following this with interest as a larger OEC is on the wishlist, but not having any videos is a dealbreaker for me so far. I really hope they can take some and show how well they can cut.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Stop press - Ouros Jewels over on Etsy has a OEC MMD listed. It looks like they are starting a new line of "premium" cuts. Might be interesting to keep an eye on.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stop press - Ouros Jewels over on Etsy has a OEC MMD listed. It looks like they are starting a new line of "premium" cuts. Might be interesting to keep an eye on.

It looks pretty!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And OMCs too!

I like the look of the OEC, and could not find it just now when I was browsing their site. However, it and OMCs showed up when I used the sort by "Most Recent" option.

DK :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks pretty!

The stone in the video would be the right size for my requirement at 0.83ct!

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock

Holy crap. How are those prices real? Am I crazy or am I seeing lab diamond rings for a few hundred bucks?

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Holy crap. How are those prices real? Am I crazy or am I seeing lab diamond rings for a few hundred bucks?

I have personally purchased a custom cut from the vendor before and it turned out great. Most of the smaller stones in the rings are uncertified (which I am sure helps with pricing) but the vendor will happily certify them at a small fee. He does also get IGI stones in on request and prices are pretty good.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have personally purchased a custom cut from the vendor before and it turned out great. Most of the smaller stones in the rings are uncertified (which I am sure helps with pricing) but the vendor will happily certify them at a small fee. He does also get IGI stones in on request and prices are pretty good.

Hi @dizzyakira, I am glad you are pleased with this vendor! I just got a quote from him and it is as much money as a quote for AVR studs. Perhaps because it is for a larger carat weight but I was surprised. Not saying it isn't worth it but I was surprised.

Do you have a thread on your purchase from Ouros?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone in the video would be the right size for my requirement at 0.83ct!

Ooh get it @dk168 !! Meant to be maybe...it's very lovely I think.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi @Lisag103, have you received your ring yet? I hope it is everything you hoped it would be!

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock

I have a project going with him now for a 2ctw five stone band mrbs in platinum with claw prongs and I’m paying $2k.. the ones on the site go up in price as you choose your metal.. the 10k rings are a few hundred but once you choose a different metal or ct weight it goes up in price.. he is very responsive and got me a cad ans revised cad in the same day..

I got a quote on the .83 lab oec and he quoted me $1250 which I thought was a little much considering it’s the only one.. but he will cut to order. I would have been more in the market for a 2ct, but I can’t get over the ‘cut to order’ fear. Plus I’m not sure in a larger ct weight if the value is still there.. he quoted me anywhere from 3k-13k for a 2-2.5 ct oec.. all varying in cut color clarity.. that’s too big a risk for me..

I don’t have the ring yet- it should be 10-14 production days so I’m assuming around the beginning of November so I can speak to quality then!

I’m exited and hope it’s beautiful because I couldn’t get a ring like that anywhere for that price.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a project going with him now for a 2ctw five stone band mrbs in platinum with claw prongs and I’m paying $2k.. the ones on the site go up in price as you choose your metal.. the 10k rings are a few hundred but once you choose a different metal or ct weight it goes up in price.. he is very responsive and got me a cad ans revised cad in the same day..

I got a quote on the .83 lab oec and he quoted me $1250 which I thought was a little much considering it’s the only one.. but he will cut to order. I would have been more in the market for a 2ct, but I can’t get over the ‘cut to order’ fear. Plus I’m not sure in a larger ct weight if the value is still there.. he quoted me anywhere from 3k-13k for a 2-2.5 ct oec.. all varying in cut color clarity.. that’s too big a risk for me..

I don’t have the ring yet- it should be 10-14 production days so I’m assuming around the beginning of November so I can speak to quality then!

I’m exited and hope it’s beautiful because I couldn’t get a ring like that anywhere for that price.

That sounds super reasonable! Hope it turns out just like you envision and please share it with us when you get it.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Hi @dizzyakira, I am glad you are pleased with this vendor! I just got a quote from him and it is as much money as a quote for AVR studs. Perhaps because it is for a larger carat weight but I was surprised. Not saying it isn't worth it but I was surprised.

Do you have a thread on your purchase from Ouros?

Hi @missy ah that is interesting to know. Given import costs, AVR is then likely a safer bet. For me I could probably go either way as I still need to pay VAT - no import duties in the UK on loose lab growns thankfully.

I don’t have a thread on the custom cuts yet (they were bullet sides for a larger project and yet another shape that is seemingly impossible to readily find in the UK), but will do when it is all set. A bit of a challenge during Covid times and now somewhat tighter restrictions coming in. That said I will very soon post a thread on another vendor - found a huge IGI certified emerald cut (my second choice after the OEC hunt) that I am very excited to receive. Should be here this coming week.

@Laura Zacheus I really do hope the ring turns out really well! Would love to see pics when it is done.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @missy ah that is interesting to know. Given import costs, AVR is then likely a safer bet. For me I could probably go either way as I still need to pay VAT - no import duties in the UK on loose lab growns thankfully.

I don’t have a thread on the custom cuts yet (they were bullet sides for a larger project and yet another shape that is seemingly impossible to readily find in the UK), but will do when it is all set. A bit of a challenge during Covid times and now somewhat tighter restrictions coming in. That said I will very soon post a thread on another vendor - found a huge IGI certified emerald cut (my second choice after the OEC hunt) that I am very excited to receive. Should be here this coming week.

@Laura Zacheus I really do hope the ring turns out really well! Would love to see pics when it is done.

Thank you. Very excited for you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The owner of Ouros told me he has his own production unit. And that he can make any size. He seems very nice. And so far his work looks beautiful.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
I saw this post, not sure if $900,- is for the 1.3ct OMC or the price is per carat?
This seller is quite popular atm in the Moissanite sub at Reddit.
55FE1F7E-D01B-44F4-B6B8-650D8E93CF8A.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The owner of Ouros told me he has his own production unit. And that he can make any size. He seems very nice. And so far his work looks beautiful.

@missy He is the same person that owns Golden Bird Jewellery on Etsy. He made Wonky.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Hi @Lisag103, have you received your ring yet? I hope it is everything you hoped it would be!

Hi Missy,

I did it arrived this week and I am thrilled with it! The seller was amazing to work with I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him! I will do a full post with details once I get a jeweller to give it the once over here (just to be 100% sure all is as expected as this is a first purchase) but I was so happy with how it turned out, I already have two more projects in mind that I will be going back to him for!

Here’s a few (crappy light ha ha) pictures!

7A69E2EA-2B63-4E8F-91C1-0CB2336EFDAF.jpeg 15FDE143-2EBF-4497-8FCD-E97B936FBD7A.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results