shape
carat
color
clarity

Three Stone Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockhawk

Rough_Rock
After all the information that I have been able to glean from these forums and knowledge bases over the last few months, I feel quite confident in my ability to chose the diamonds for my upcoming e-ring purchase. Thanks!

At the moment, however, I am fretting over the setting. I have looked at hundreds of different settings, spending hours and hours flipping through the "Show Me the Ring" forums, and searching through catalogs on vendor websites. To be honest, however, I have not found what really tickles my fancy here. The ring I really like is the Tiffany 3-stone round setting. It looks like the ring is very similar (perhaps even made by the same designer?) to the D. Vatche 733? setting (pulled that number off of a retailer website, not sure if it is the mfg number), but the D. Vatche settings and descriptions I have seen have very different proportions (and not the greatest pics). I would like a center stone that is the sum of the side stone weights. (See below.)

I see in this topic that several of the Tiffany designs may be patented/copyrighted, and I am wondering how close to the Round-Brilliant Tiffany 3 stone ring I can come using PS vendors. Is this a hopeless task? Should I buy the Tiffany ring because I like its design, or can an independent PS (or other) jeweler make it happen for me?

More or less: (I don''t want to venture down the path toward selection of diamonds for this ring if only T&CO can make it how I like it. I could stroll down there tomorrow and walk out with what I want, but I might like an extra $10K in my pocket too!)

Center: 1.5 +/-.05 ct, F-H, VVS2, Round, Ideal Cut.
Sides: (each) .75 ct, Same Color, VS1, Round, Ideal Cut
(or better)
(Platinum)

Any help would be very much appreciated!
26.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
standard basket setting, no big deal.

unless this is an anniversary ring, or has been previously approved by the future wearer, I think .5 cts sides and under would be better.

rockhawk

Rough_Rock
This is the problem I keep running in to, the Whiteflash setting above is close to what I want, but not quite. I am not a big fan of the thicker bands, they seem a bit bulky to me. I much prefer the thinner knife-like edge . . .

Will there always be just one thing that isn''t quite right for me if I don''t go with Tiffany''s, or is it common to work out these details with a vendor?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vendors will definitely work with you but it can cost a little bit extra as you will be going into the area of custom design. I know I read of someone on here who asked WF to shave some of the thickness off one of their bands as he felt it was slightly thick. I would ask them - they are really approachable
1.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have the exact 3 stone setting as Maisiebelle posted from WF. I had them make it 2.5 tapering down to 2.3. I just love it. They probably can make it to however thickness you''d like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results