shape
carat
color
clarity

Three New Gems, pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AJ

I will let you know about my finewater aqua -- hopefully I have a vendor pic around somewhere here....sometimes I forget to save them
38.gif

This is my stone coming from barry - I''m very excited as I''ve been trying to get one for months but always missed out...hopefully the pic attaches...

tourmaline BB.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 8:17:10 AM
Author: bling addict
Hi AJ

I will let you know about my finewater aqua -- hopefully I have a vendor pic around somewhere here....sometimes I forget to save them
38.gif

This is my stone coming from barry - I''m very excited as I''ve been trying to get one for months but always missed out...hopefully the pic attaches...
Lovely stone BA, I was wondering if a PSer bought it.
30.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks LG - I was planning on sharing once it finally gets here
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 8:17:10 AM
Hi AJ

38.gif

This is my stone coming from barry - I'm very excited as I've been trying to get one for months but always missed out...hopefully the pic attaches...

I knew it was that one!
I was agonizing for weeks whether to get that from Barry - but I decided at the last minute to up the ante and go for a sapph instead.
I am so happy you got it, as I know you will do something classy and share lots of pics.

he he, how funny that two Aussies were after that gem..
41.gif

I know you will love it, and it's definately not something you find every day. Congrats on nabbing it!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ok, make that 4 new gems
9.gif

My very own BB blue tourmaline oval, 7.5x6.5mm..

and yes, I am collecting small-ish Barry ovals, lol...
I''m going to do a semi-eternity with Julia.

Natg.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo it''s lovely!

And an eternity ring? Sounds like it will be uniquely fabulous!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice AJ! Sounds like another great project you have in the works!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!
I''ll share more details once they''re clearer - if I speak now, you''ll
likely think me a weirdo, he he..

I''m thinking of doing this ring with Julia in the meantime, and leave setting the (to be) cushionsapphire for the long-term. I have so many ideas for that, I want to make sure I nail the correct one.
This will keep my addiction satiated in the mean time...you know what I mean! lol.
9.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Both projects sound very exciting AJ -- I''m excited to see your sapphire from JW I love all things blues and he seems to do gorgeous sapphires! -- I hear you about setting dilemmas I have been pondering the tourmaline setting since I ordered it and am still a bit all over the place with ideas and its not even here yet!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2009 6:31:21 AM
Both projects sound very exciting AJ -- I''m excited to see your sapphire from JW I love all things blues and he seems to do gorgeous sapphires! -- I hear you about setting dilemmas I have been pondering the tourmaline setting since I ordered it and am still a bit all over the place with ideas and its not even here yet!

Honestly BA,
I am so stoked that you ordered that tourm, it''s going to be sooo fabulous. And huge!
Do you mind to share some of your ideas, I''d love to hear them? Of course, pls feel free to start a new thread if you''d like..

Do you want white or yellow metal? Any idea who you''ll send it to..?

Ha ha, excuse all the questions, I just love that gem! Please feel free not to answer if you''re saving them up
2.gif

Gee, we really must have an Au GTG at some stage...the next year is going to be crazy busy for me, but I may potentially be going east for research/work in the new year.
You''re in QLD, correct?

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AJ

I will probably start a new thread for some setting ideas when I have the stone so I can take a few photos of it on my hand etc...

I had been tossing around the idea of bullets sides stones -- but I think that the stone will be very large so that adding bullets might be a bit much for my finger...I wear a 6.5 but I think that the stone is quite large....but I still want to set it at as ring if I can so I can admire it myself....

I will probably use a white metal, but would consider two tone if it would suit the stone

I have been thinking maybe a variation on Matata''s Josette but with the two marquise stones, then the round stone (possibly bezeled and maybe pink diamond if I could swing it and it would suit) but then without the third marquise instead maybe knife edge band with no milgrain....I''m not sure I will probably need some help deciding when the time comes...
9.gif

As far as who I will use to set the stone....I am currently thinking of BGD or K and B again...I''m not sure yet...

A AU GTG would be fun...I''d love to see your chunky cushion...I hope to get one for myself for some future special occasion
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results