shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts please on my antique pear

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this and thought of you. Get the same three stone feel as the titanic, but not as pricy. Its a heart, but if you use you're imagination lol.

uploadfromtaptalk1419255498875.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your Pear!!! It's beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do! :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From one pear lover to another, that is a beautiful diamond!!

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! I vote for no halo and let all of her chunky beauty take center stage.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your pear. I love the classic Harry Winston baquettes on the side setting. I know it not your choice. I would want to keep your stone center stage. It seriously is one of the prettiest pairs I have ever seen. I can't wait to see what you decide. What a fun project!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plain bezel would be amazing!!!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
OMG. I love it!!

Tapered baguettes could be nice on either side of it. For more bling, they could be faceted tapered baguettes.

Or, ooo - french cut sides like Acinom to highlight the old nature of the stone with chunky, or graduated, high crown diamonds: https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-sculpted-french-cut-diamond-dream-ring

I also like seeing pears in halos, especially one with a nice bubbly shape as beautiful as yours.

I can't wait to see what you do with her!

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
NIEL! I LOVE that heart ring! Are those marquise on the sides?

iota15 - I've been lusting for french cuts - just not sure how'd they be with a pear.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jbkhere|1419300010|3806180 said:
NIEL! I LOVE that heart ring! Are those marquise on the sides?

iota15 - I've been lusting for french cuts - just not sure how'd they be with a pear.

I do believe they are marquise from what I can tell. I mean, actual matching antique MQs would be impossible! but maybe chubby ones would be sufficient, sense they are smaller

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
I know, right but WOW!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jbkhere|1419300970|3806199 said:
I know, right but WOW!

imagine the satisfaction if you ever found some :lol:

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OW-EM-GEEEE!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

THUD. I'm a sucker for old cut pears (and marqs, and ovals - you get my drift!) so I am totally, totally, jelly! I actually have lots of pics for pears in my inspiration folder.

Love this twin stone (you can get a gemstone custom cut - a sapphire or an emerald would be stunning - cut in the antique style to mimic your pear).

I actually also have that 3-stone pear with round sides in my inspiration folder :bigsmile:

d1800027x.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super exciting!! That pear is mind-blowing! I love the chubby shape and beautiful faceting. Finding a setting won't be easy since she'll look good in anything! These settings spoke to me…not all have bezels or halos, but I thought they were different and pretty. 8) The fourth one looks like an oval but is actually an antique pear (like yours, without a pointy tip), from Lang's in San Francisco.

pear_setting_idea1.jpg

pear_setting_idea2_knox_jewelers.jpg

pear_setting_idea3_antique.jpg

pear_setting_idea4_lang_antique_pear.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more! I love the yellow gold and clean minimalism of this one.

pear_setting_idea4_simple_solitaire.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!! Such a nice surprise from your husband.
A halo or tiny bezel with milgrain will look beautiful in my opinion

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
KristyDarling|1419748243|3808614 said:
Super exciting!! That pear is mind-blowing! I love the chubby shape and beautiful faceting. Finding a setting won't be easy since she'll look good in anything! These settings spoke to me…not all have bezels or halos, but I thought they were different and pretty. 8) The fourth one looks like an oval but is actually an antique pear (like yours, without a pointy tip), from Lang's in San Francisco.

That first one is so pretty and royal looking, but WOW - that third one takes my breath away! The shape is also similar to jbkhere's with less of a pronounced point. I love this bubbly antique pear shape - reminds me of a Faberge egg.

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
KristyDarling|1419748243|3808614 said:

KristyDarling, where did you stumble across that third one? I don't think the water mark in the image is from Lang's is it? I am dying for a closer look!

EDIT - Nevermind - I see it is Skinner.

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
No suggestions, just wanted to compliment that lovely antique cut pear. :love:

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
HeartingDiamonds - I'm with you! Gimme a fancy old cut stone and I just can't resist!

SNFSDCA - I too love that third setting from KristyDarling too! Somehow it makes it look almost heart-like. And I LOVE your avatar! I even contacted Grace to see if she could do onyx around my pear! She could (yay!) but for some reason hubs does NOT like the look. :(( Ultimately it has to be a ring I'll love (and I'd have LOVED that) but I don't want him to hate it. So I'm looking for other ideas.

KristyDarling - thank you for finding and posting those lovely settings!

Acinom & CaraMish - thank you for the ideas and compliments!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i was thinking....

i know a pair of antique mqs are hard to find, but maybe that bezel 3 stone look could be accomplished with old ovals (another long shot ) or old rectangular cushions

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
KristyDarling|1419748380|3808615 said:
One more! I love the yellow gold and clean minimalism of this one.
Ugh TDF...I'd love to do this setting for a RHR. Do you have any pics of the profile?

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
jbkhere|1419812462|3808907 said:
HeartingDiamonds - I'm with you! Gimme a fancy old cut stone and I just can't resist!

SNFSDCA - I too love that third setting from KristyDarling too! Somehow it makes it look almost heart-like. And I LOVE your avatar! I even contacted Grace to see if she could do onyx around my pear! She could (yay!) but for some reason hubs does NOT like the look. :(( Ultimately it has to be a ring I'll love (and I'd have LOVED that) but I don't want him to hate it. So I'm looking for other ideas.

KristyDarling - thank you for finding and posting those lovely settings!

Acinom & CaraMish - thank you for the ideas and compliments!

Oh my, jbkhere I think an onyx surround would be absolutely stunning on that pear. I may have to politely disagree on pleasing the DH so he does not hate the ring. I say if you are the one wearing it, you have to love it....because if you don't LOVE it, it won't be worn...and that would be a shame for that gorgeous stone (and a waste from a monetary perspective). Hopefully your DH can find the value in seeing you happy wearing what you love. My hubs learned the hard way...original engagement ring has never been worn, except to try it on after it was sized. In all honesty I would have declined the proposal based on the ring alone, but we had a two month old baby. We are very happy...but I buy my own jewelry now LOL.

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Update time! :wavey:

I've been meeting with my jeweler off and on looking at inspirations and making rough renderings. We finally decided to bezel the center stone and add some side stones. So I left him to make make me a rendering. The one he did used tapered bullets. I liked the look but felt sad to not be using old cut stones. I knew it would be unlikely to find any. But I also knew it would be impossible to find any if I didn't ask around. So I put up some posts and asked around for a pair of old cut fancy shapes (pear, heart, marquise etc) and I kept getting the answer I was expecting. "Sorry, we don't have them - very hard to come by"
But then I got an email......

ADAM! (Old World Diamonds) had a pair of pears! He sent me a picture right away and assured me I could return them if I ended up not liking them with my center. I paid almost immediately and he shipped as quickly. They arrived today and I rushed over to my jeweler with them. Here are the pictures first one is the one Adam emailed me :dance:

jennifer.jpg

img_7616.jpg

img_7625.jpg

img_1598_-_version_2.jpg

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my jewelers rendering of where we're headed....

img_1595_-_version_2.jpg

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I really love how the pear sides compliment your amazing chubby pear. You have chosen wonderfully! :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lucky to find pairs!

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
WOW - love those baby pears! The three look like they were destined to be together. I look forward to seeing the finished product. :)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That ring is going to look absolutely gorgeous! How lucky Adam found you those! It's like winning the old diamond lotto. :appl:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
*THUD* That 3 stone is just simply amazing! :) Adam is amazing :)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lucky you are to have found those lovely antique pears from Adam. I think having all antique stones will definitely make a fabulous ring. I can't wait to see the finished product. What size are the side stones?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results