shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this UPGRADE diamond ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/4/2007 8:58:54 PM
Author: lynne160
should i not bother with this diamond or is it worth pursuing taking into consideration my guidlelines and budget?
You should consider seeing it.
I think it is likely or possible that you could buy a better looking diamond, but I never get involved in $$$''s decisions.

As to if you (ie YOU) will like this diamond - it is a personal preference issue.
The doubts we have, that Rhino has also flagged and shown are that GIA round the Lower Gridle data - if it was 75.1% - then very few people would like the stone. If it was 82.4% - then many would.

But the big ????''s are why did it get "good" symmetry? I have seen stones where this is not an issue at all - but the further you get from the center of the red zone in the HCA chart - the more sym becomes important. But it is optical sym - and GIa does facet meet point and other things that might not effect the beauty of this stone.

An Ideal-scope image will show us a load of info about all those issues.

Meanwhile Rhiino, (back at the ranch) you seem to be undertaking yet another of your transformations?
We will watch you unravel this next round of revelations with ? hmmm, interest? ......or ........? Well - just surprise us with some more research ground breaking type new philiosophy etc
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Lynne,

I don''t know whether this is a stone you can look at locally or not, but you are correct that most of us here decided to play it safe and go ideal cut. I felt it was best to have no regrets, and to be honest, I would eliminate a stone that had "good" cut. It''s just too much money not to get a high quality cut stone. And by that I mean AGS0, GIA Excellent with ideal light performance, with or without hearts and arrows.

Good luck in your search!

lynne160

Rough_Rock
thanks...for everyone''s input.back to the search !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results