shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Tiffany solitaire

NforNelly

Rough_Rock
I've used up all my HCA credits :boohoo:and trying to figure out if this preowned solitaire is worth considering. I've been toying with the idea of buying a small Tiffany solitaire but I know that not all of their diamonds are high quality. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, and please don't hold back, while I like the idea of owning a Tiffany ring I am not a superfan or anything its just one of the items on my jewellery bucket list!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is it authentic?

NforNelly

Rough_Rock
Is it authentic?

The seller seems to have a lot of positive reviews, it comes with paperwork so hopefully yes. They are also selling other Tiffany items with varying degrees of peperwork which I think is maybe a good sign. Too risky maybe?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers are decent. 55 table, 62 depth, 35.1 crown with 40.7 pavilion.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
The seller seems to have a lot of positive reviews, it comes with paperwork so hopefully yes. They are also selling other Tiffany items with varying degrees of peperwork which I think is maybe a good sign. Too risky maybe?

As long as it is laser inscribed on the crown, as it shows in the images, i think you are ok. The numbers are super tiny and hard to find, but if you buy it def. make sure the #'s match and the inscription is correct. I think its a very pretty ring!! :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers look good, and the price seems fair for a preowned tiffany piece with all of the paperwork, etc. Obbiously you are paying for the brand name (in part), but if you want a preowned tiffany piece this looks good

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Authentic?
The diamond is inscribed. The diamond has paper work that matches the inscription. The diamond's appearance matches the proportions on the report.
Very Likely

Price?
Attractive

Proportions?
Very Good

Actual Performance?
Hard to assess as the diamond is tilited. Potentially twisted pavilion. But very minor.

Damage?
This is a big one for me.
Verify that the diamond is damage free from 11 yrs of previous ownership.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Good price.

I see a hint of color on the side view. But I’m color sensitive so that’s up to you. If you don’t care about that then this seems like a good deal.

NforNelly

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am going to contact the seller in regards to possible damage, and tbh I will only purchse if they are able to reduce the price. Otherwise I think I might just get a whiteflash ACA of a similar size because I hadnt really considered the possibility that the diamond itself might have damage considering the ring's age. I wish the Vatche U113 setting was a bit more affordable, I really do love the look of the Tiffany setting.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OK, let me weigh in......if you must have a Tiffany ring, then I understand.

However, people come to PS and use PS vendors like WF or BGD to get the best bang for their buck and to get an excellent performing diamond. You could get a bigger stone at WF, an ACA for the same money and you could work the size to include the setting you want from Vatche into your budget. In fact you could get a larger stone and live happily ever after with the setting. Just my 2 cents, good luck.

NforNelly

Rough_Rock
OK, let me weigh in......if you must have a Tiffany ring, then I understand.

However, people come to PS and use PS vendors like WF or BGD to get the best bang for their buck and to get an excellent performing diamond. You could get a bigger stone at WF, an ACA for the same money and you could work the size to include the setting you want from Vatche into your budget. In fact you could get a larger stone and live happily ever after with the setting. Just my 2 cents, good luck.

If I was buying brand new Tiffany then yes you are 100% right, but if I were to get this preowned one I don't think I could get much more in size or setting if I went with WF. I do still want a super ideal (and larger) one day, I have just been wanting a small Tiffany to scratch that itch and preowned seemed like a nice idea. But I do know that I am risking the "should I have just gotten a small ACA instead if the Tiffany doesn't sparkle as much as I want. I know I sound crazy haha! I guess I like the idea of a small Tiffany to wear as a daily and then later on maybe a bigger ACA for more special occasions. But yes, then I wonder should I just get a small ACA as a daily instead. Or should I just get one ACA in between the small and large and use it for all occassions. Yep, definitely going crazy :lol-2:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am going to contact the seller in regards to possible damage, and tbh I will only purchse if they are able to reduce the price. Otherwise I think I might just get a whiteflash ACA of a similar size because I hadnt really considered the possibility that the diamond itself might have damage considering the ring's age. I wish the Vatche U113 setting was a bit more affordable, I really do love the look of the Tiffany setting.

That setting makes my heart go pitter patter too!! The vatche is close, but its not exact. Id love to own one someday too. Good luck, please post pics of whatever you decide. :)

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
That setting makes my heart go pitter patter too!! The vatche is close, but its not exact. Id love to own one someday too. Good luck, please post pics of whatever you decide. :)

I have to agree with Meesmom on the setting. I just love the original Tiffany setting. I love the height of the donut on the band and the way the band widens toward the diamond. A couple of my friends have Tiffany solitaires and I really admire their rings - and it has to do with the setting, not the diamond necessarily. I'd love to own one someday too.

NforNelly

Rough_Rock
I have to agree with Meesmom on the setting. I just love the original Tiffany setting. I love the height of the donut on the band and the way the band widens toward the diamond. A couple of my friends have Tiffany solitaires and I really admire their rings - and it has to do with the setting, not the diamond necessarily. I'd love to own one someday too.

What if I bought the Tiffany, replaced the diamond with and ACA and used the Tiffany diamond as a necklace. Haha there's a thought!! :mrgreen: Seriuosly though, the setting is what is messing with my head. I will let you all know if I end up getting it!

Last edited:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
What if I bought the Tiffany, replaced the diamond with and ACA and used the Tiffany diamond as a necklace. Haha there's a thought!! :mrgreen: Seriuosly though, the setting is what is messing with my head. I will let you all know if I end up getting it!

Would that end up being more expensive? You would have 2 diamonds but do you want two diamonds? If you do want to use one as a pendant, it might not be a bad idea. If not, you would be paying double just for the sake of Tiffany setting. But I do share your love for that setting. It is, indeed, gorgeous. I love the history behind it.

NforNelly

Rough_Rock
Would that end up being more expensive? You would have 2 diamonds but do you want two diamonds? If you do want to use one as a pendant, it might not be a bad idea. If not, you would be paying double just for the sake of Tiffany setting. But I do share your love for that setting. It is, indeed, gorgeous. I love the history behind it.

Haha no, it wouldn't make sense to do it but its a fun idea! Yes the setting is so pretty. I might even go smaller and get something in the 0.25 range, that way if I get an ACA in the future I can have the Tiffany as a super dainty and elegant alternative.

lillibear

Rough_Rock
Curious- has anyone worn one of the smaller Tiffany solitaires as a stacking ring?

NforNelly

Rough_Rock
I've seen on a few listings on ebay some Tiffany rings where the certificate was missing so they sent it to GIA for certification. Most of the ones I've seen were graded a "very good" cut grade by the GIA, and 1 or 2 got an "excellent". To be honest this has made me change my mind about things. If I see a Tiffany ring for a ridiculously low price I may purchase it for the sake of it, but knowing how much I love sparkle, and with everything I've learned here about light performance and the limitations of GIA grading I've decided I will keep saving for my ACA instead. Thanks so much for all the help this board is so wonderful!!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen on a few listings on ebay some Tiffany rings where the certificate was missing so they sent it to GIA for certification. Most of the ones I've seen were graded a "very good" cut grade by the GIA, and 1 or 2 got an "excellent". To be honest this has made me change my mind about things. If I see a Tiffany ring for a ridiculously low price I may purchase it for the sake of it, but knowing how much I love sparkle, and with everything I've learned here about light performance and the limitations of GIA grading I've decided I will keep saving for my ACA instead. Thanks so much for all the help this board is so wonderful!!

I will tell you something now that youve decided....i know that ebay seller, and while they are pretty trustworthy, they wouldnt have come down on the price much. $50 -$100 only, from my experience. I didnt want to say before, and be a debbie downer, lol!!
And an ACA in a vatche is a pretty nice choice imo!!

anon34985

Shiny_Rock

Just an idea :D, you could keep your eye out for a tiffany mounting, and when you're ready to buy your ACA, set it in!

NforNelly

Rough_Rock

Just an idea :D, you could keep your eye out for a tiffany mounting, and when you're ready to buy your ACA, set it in!

:eek2: That is such a great idea!!!!

NforNelly

Rough_Rock
I will tell you something now that youve decided....i know that ebay seller, and while they are pretty trustworthy, they wouldnt have come down on the price much. $50 -$100 only, from my experience. I didnt want to say before, and be a debbie downer, lol!!
And an ACA in a vatche is a pretty nice choice imo!!

Ah that's ok haha! Good to know for the future!! :D

Cunhaam

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm new in the forum and in the diamond world overall. What is ACA and WF? As in what vendors? Thank you.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I'm new in the forum and in the diamond world overall. What is ACA and WF? As in what vendors? Thank you.

Whiteflash (WF) is a vendor that sells "A Cut Above" (ACA) diamonds :) They are super ideals!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results