shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this stone?

alphatwenty

Rough_Rock
New user here! I came across the stone in the GIA report below. Wondering what may be some of your concerns with this stone and perhaps your price estimate? Thank you for your help!

_35288.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have an image of the stone you can upload?

It has good numbers but you need to ask the vendor if it is eye-clean. Price to me will be dependent on the inclusions and if it
is eye-clean.

alphatwenty

Rough_Rock
Hi Tyty333!

Here is a video of the stone: https://youtu.be/2eoL8-hyqCI
This diamond is at my local retailer. I'll plan to take a few more videos under different lighting conditions. I would love any guidance on the different types of light I should view the diamond.

I'm struggling with "eye clean." After heavy research, I've become particular about diamonds and spend a lot of time staring/looking at the stone. In the SI range, I can definitely see things if I stare long enough. I could avoid this by going with higher clarity... but the price shoots up significantly :wall:

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
alphatwenty|1447685240|3950274 said:
Hi Tyty333!

Here is a video of the stone: https://youtu.be/2eoL8-hyqCI
This diamond is at my local retailer. I'll plan to take a few more videos under different lighting conditions. I would love any guidance on the different types of light I should view the diamond.

I'm struggling with "eye clean." After heavy research, I've become particular about diamonds and spend a lot of time staring/looking at the stone. In the SI range, I can definitely see things if I stare long enough. I could avoid this by going with higher clarity... but the price shoots up significantly :wall:

Hello alphatwenty,

"Eye-Clean" is one of those tricky things that can give a person fits. Almost all of the PS vendors and many local jewelers will have an objective definition for 'eye-clean'... B2C defines an eye-clean diamond as "no inclusions seen in the face-up orientation at a distance of 25cm, under normal lighting, when viewed by a gemologist with 20/20 vision."

It is possible to find a diamond with an SI grading that is, in fact eye-clean, though they are more the exception than the rule. Nearly any gemologist can verify eye-clean or not, provided they have objective criteria to use.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not an expert. But from the video, there seems to be a lack of crispness in the center. It may be because of the lighting or the background...

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Numbers seem good but not looking great in the videos not that sparkly to my eye

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a price estmate you can do two things: use the diamond search feature above. Pick a diamond with smame carat color clarity and lab report as well as cut grade. Or goggle the GIA number. Sometimes that last option doesn't work but it should be your first option each time.

alphatwenty

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments! I'll go in again and do a side-by-side next to another TripleEx stone to see how it sparkles. Any other thoughts??

alphatwenty

Rough_Rock
I picked up this stone for ~$15,500 and the setting was $1,500. How did I do?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price sounds pretty good!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results