shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Price not an issue

GIA 2/08
RB 5.69 x 5.76 x 3.55
D color
SI2 crystal at 20x magnification not seen with naked eye
Depth:62.0%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle 34.5
Crown Height 15.5%
Pavilion Angle 41.2
Pav Depngth 50%
Lower half:75%
Girdle MED to STK\Faceted 3.4%
Cutlet, none

Can''t get idealscope or aset but I have seen the stone.

Thanks all!

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
The stone sits on the borderline between very good and fair, due to the pavilion angle. For a 34.5 crown, the best pavilion is around 40.8.
Because the stone sits on the borderline, it could go either way, depending on the rounding-off of the numbers and the detail/precision of the cut.
If it looks good to your eyes, that''s what matters. But I think that you can find better stones.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2009 4:00:47 PM
Author:AprilBaby
Price not an issue

GIA 2/08
RB 5.69 x 5.76 x 3.55
D color
SI2 crystal at 20x magnification not seen with naked eye
Depth:62.0%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle 34.5
Crown Height 15.5%
Pavilion Angle 41.2
Pav Depngth 50%
Lower half:75%
Girdle MED to STKFaceted 3.4%
Cutlet, none

Can''t get idealscope or aset but I have seen the stone.

Thanks all!
And what did you think? What you see and what appeals to YOU is the most important issue. Even when numbers scream that you have the best cut in the world, it may just not appeal to you in all lighting conditions.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The HCA gives is a 3.2, it is a little deeper than I like and the PA isn''t so hot.

Did you see it in many different lighting environments? Compare it to more classically ideal cuts?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi April

What do you want to use the diamond for?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter''s BF is proposing and we saw the stone together. It is very clean for an SI2, and the price was exceptionally good. The HCA score doesn''t impress me so I think we will pass and look for another. He is young and thought it was a beautiful stone but MIL rules on this one.
2.gif

After all, it IS for my only daughter. We have a local jeweler who can call in if we sit down and look through the database. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results