shape
carat
color
clarity

thoughts on this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NeedASparkly

Rough_Rock
K/VS2
5.92 x 5.96 x 3.64
Depth: 61.3%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34%
Crown height: 15%
Pav Angle: 40.8%
Pav Depth: 43%
Girdle med to slighty thck faceted
GIA graded Ex/Ex/Ex
Fluorescence: Faint

I will load the pictures I have. Please let me know what you think of this stone. I can see that the arrows are a teeny bit off, but my budget is pretty low, so I can live with that.

Thanks everyone for your help.

10x - pic.jpg

:)

Brilliant_Rock
The arrows look fine in that pic - can you get an IS?

NeedASparkly

Rough_Rock
It took me a while to figure out how to resize the pics to the right size. Anyway, I appreciate your feedback. :)

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I think the stone is just tilted slightly in some of the pics. Have you been able to see it with your own eyes? I think it looks like a great contender if it is within your budget!

NeedASparkly

Rough_Rock
No, I haven''t been able to see it in person. I was wondering if the diamond was tilted a little bit. Anyway, I am going to purchase it.. I guess I just needed a little reassurance that it''s going to be a pretty stone. This journey has been pretty hellish for me... I purchased one that I got last week, but sent it back due to being able to see an inclusion in certain lighting (it drove me crazy!).

Anyway, thanks for your help...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you will be very pleased with this one!

NeedASparkly

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lorelei & Ellen! I was hoping that you 2 would show up and give me your advice. I''ve seen both of you help many people on this forum in purchasing the right stones, I really admire your opinion. I love this forum!

Now for the mounting. I have about $650 for a solitaire setting... any suggestions? Gold or platinum?

I appreciate the help.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 1:23:58 PM
Author: NeedASparkly
Thanks Lorelei & Ellen! I was hoping that you 2 would show up and give me your advice. I''ve seen both of you help many people on this forum in purchasing the right stones, I really admire your opinion. I love this forum!

Now for the mounting. I have about $650 for a solitaire setting... any suggestions? Gold or platinum?

I appreciate the help.
Thank you for your very kind words, Ellen and I appreciate it very much! And you are most welcome, we are very glad to help!

With the setting, did you want a Tiffany style solitaire?

NeedASparkly

Rough_Rock
Judah at Exceldiamonds helped me pick a setting since that is where the diamond is from. I will post pictures when I get the ring. In the meantime, does anyone have pictures of this setting? It''s their 6 prong Tiffany inspired ring (not the really good replica since that wasn''t in my price range
emsad.gif
) but that''s okay. I think this one looked really pretty in the picture, but I''d love to see actual pictures of it.

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Solitaire-Diamond-Engagement-Rings-11/Tiffany-Inspired-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-J869-1300.html

Muchas gracias!

tiffany inspired.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully someone might have one and post photos for you, very pretty setting!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 1:32:26 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/20/2009 1:23:58 PM
Author: NeedASparkly

I appreciate the help.
Thank you for your very kind words, Ellen and I appreciate it very much! And you are most welcome, we are very glad to help!

With the setting, did you want a Tiffany style solitaire?
Aw, we sure do. Thank you !

Your ring is going to be really pretty! I did a quick search for that particular setting on here, but didn''t find anyone with it. That doesn''t mean no one does though. If you''re really curious, I''d make a new thread and have the title be specific about the setting.

Please come back with pics for us!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results