shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this peridot from an instagram seller.

q8peridot

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone

I've been lurking in this forum for quite sometime and found it very helpful and informative.

Going through the recommended vendors list I got an overall idea of the price and quality of peridot where a good quality (color and clarity) for a stone of 4 carats would be 200 USD per carat. I also understand "if its too good to be true". But I found this instagram account Finestonepk which I would appreciate your thoughts on:

My main issue is with how clean the stone is compared to the price (I believe it was about 300USD) . So what do you think?

Didn't ask him about the return policy, as where I live I can buy gemstones from abroad but for some reason I'm not allowed to return them without a having a jewelry license.

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's lovely, I have recently discovered "apple green" peridot from Pakistan and I love it, it's so neon and not at all olive green which I am not a fan of. I bought a lagoon tourmaline from Finestonepk and I was VERY happy with it, they focus on gems from Pakistan and Afghanistan with beautiful precision cuts. I have limited experience with peridot but the price sounds reasonable for a source vendor, it's not at all too good to be true or the lowest possible price. Keep in mind when you are comparing to a western vendor that the latter has likely had the stone pass through many hands with each tacking on their own profit margin.

I bought a pair of peridot from another vendor, Pakgemstone who also has an eBay store with a high feedback rating, and I am happy with them: https://www.instagram.com/pakgemstone/

These are 9x9, 5.3 and 5.5, and $300 together. However, I think the color and clarity are better on the stone you are considering.

My pair:
20201230_214705347_iOS (2).jpg

q8peridot

Rough_Rock
I think it's lovely, I have recently discovered "apple green" peridot from Pakistan and I love it, it's so neon and not at all olive green which I am not a fan of. I bought a lagoon tourmaline from Finestonepk and I was VERY happy with it, they focus on gems from Pakistan and Afghanistan with beautiful precision cuts. I have limited experience with peridot but the price sounds reasonable for a source vendor, it's not at all too good to be true or the lowest possible price. Keep in mind when you are comparing to a western vendor that the latter has likely had the stone pass through many hands with each tacking on their own profit margin.

I bought a pair of peridot from another vendor, Pakgemstone who also has an eBay store with a high feedback rating, and I am happy with them: https://www.instagram.com/pakgemstone/

These are 9x9, 5.3 and 5.5, and $300 together. However, I think the color and clarity are better on the stone you are considering.

My pair:
20201230_214705347_iOS (2).jpg

Thanks for the reply and these peridot look beautiful, I love the color. How would well would you describe the asscher cut on them?

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the reply and these peridot look beautiful, I love the color. How would well would you describe the asscher cut on them?

For a hand cut with basic tools, excellent, but they are not precision cuts. They don't have precision symmetry, but they have excellent light return, no windowing, and look like halls of neon green mirrors. I did pick them out as the best cut from around 6 pairs offered.

The cuts on Finestonespk's stones, IMO, are real precision cuts with precision symmetry, meet points, polish, etc. If I am remembering correctly they are mostly recutting poorly cut stones.

q8peridot

Rough_Rock
For a hand cut with basic tools, excellent, but they are not precision cuts. They don't have precision symmetry, but they have excellent light return, no windowing, and look like halls of neon green mirrors. I did pick them out as the best cut from around 6 pairs offered.

The cuts on Finestonespk's stones, IMO, are real precision cuts with precision symmetry, meet points, polish, etc. If I am remembering correctly they are mostly recutting poorly cut stones.

I guess I will give them a try , at least I do want to see the quality of stones they have to offer.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stones, peridot is my favorite stone. I guess I should also say hello, this is my first post. :wavey:

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like we need a “show me your peridot” thread!

I really only have one really fine piece, I have a lot of average pieces that I can wear daily and not worry too much about. My jewelry collection is much less impressive than what is shown on here...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really only have one really fine piece, I have a lot of average pieces that I can wear daily and not worry too much about. My jewelry collection is much less impressive than what is shown on here...

Don't worry, so is mine
And if your wearing what you own then in my book that's a good buy

People are freindly here and non-judgemental on the show-me-yours type threads

q8peridot

Rough_Rock
I currently own 2 peridots, one I quite more impressive with nice vivid green color, but kinda gets a very dark under sunlight.

Now looking for my third peridot, after that maybe look for a rather large stone , yup also peridot.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone

I've been lurking in this forum for quite sometime and found it very helpful and informative.

Going through the recommended vendors list I got an overall idea of the price and quality of peridot where a good quality (color and clarity) for a stone of 4 carats would be 200 USD per carat. I also understand "if its too good to be true". But I found this instagram account Finestonepk which I would appreciate your thoughts on:

My main issue is with how clean the stone is compared to the price (I believe it was about 300USD) . So what do you think?

Didn't ask him about the return policy, as where I live I can buy gemstones from abroad but for some reason I'm not allowed to return them without a having a jewelry license.

That’s a very pretty apple green color. I really like the polish, which is an under looked quality. Peridot tends to have a waxy luster, because it’s soft. That stone has a very nice luster.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results