shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Old Mine Cut ring?

henrychinaski

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Pretty new to the whole diamond thing but I've been doing a little bit of research over the past few weeks as I'm going to get my partner an engagement ring.

We're in Australia and I've been looking on James Allen, Blue Nile and White Flash to get one shipped over but last weekend we saw this ring in a shop window - and I think she's fallen in love with it. It's in my price range (which isn't huge being $6-7K AUD) at $6600 and I was looking for some opinions on it. The only photos I have are the ones she took it the shop when she tried it on unfortunately.

The specs are:

Main stone
.83 carat
H color
SI

Other stones
.40 carats
G color
SI

Here are some pics and thank you so much for the help!

img_6442.jpg

img_6445.jpg

img_6443.jpg

img_6487.png

img_6449.png

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Because of the diamonds on the band, this ring might not be able to be sized down to your partner's finger size. The crown looks nice and high, and that should yield a fiery diamond, but there isn't a picture that shows the diamond's facets and appearance head-on, so we can't assess the diamond for you.

henrychinaski

Rough_Rock
Ok, great I'll try to get a good head on photo of it.

Thanks for the info!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Tourmaline re: potential resizing; that ring appears to need to size down a few sizes to fit her finger. I haven't read many/any good reviews from people resizing pave down more than one size, as the melee tend to come loose and get lost. Hopefully others with more experience & knowledge with this will chime in.

henrychinaski

Rough_Rock
Yes, she does have quite small fingers! 4.5 US or i 1/2 in AUD size.

The ring was made by the store itself so I'm not sure if that helps with resizing or not? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to all of this :doh:

Happy to look at alternatives from overseas also if anyone has any ideas! Looking for eye clean, around 1 carat, cushion cut, G color and up with excellent light performance.

img_12873.jpg

img_12874.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results