shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond?

nehadp

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am looking for a diamond for my engagement ring. After a lot of research, I think I like this and it fits my budget.
What are your thoughts on this?

Is it worth the price tag? Will it look beautiful, big, and reflect good light?

Thank you :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Any Whiteflash ACA is a primo choice - it will be an amazing diamond!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, this will be great!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it will look big and beautiful, and have excellent light return.

This is a relative look at the size of the stone on a size 6 finger, 2mm shank...
snip.png

nehadp

Rough_Rock
ES are "near miss" ACAs and are excellent. They are all in house and heavily vetted.

I was reading that table range should be from 54-57. This one is 57.7. Will it make a difference?
And also its cutlet is pointed and not 'none'. Is thia okay?

I dont want to compromise even after spending so much money :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
this one is not ACA :(

My mistake...I had ACA on the brain from all the various users, threads, and posts mentioning them!

I would not fear an ES from WF...they are covered by the same amazing return policy and upgrade program. I know it has been mentioned that you are overseas, so if it is too much of a hassle to make a return/exchange, then it may be best to stick with one of the ACA recommendations or a diamond from JA in your other thread.

I know it's a lot of recommendations to sift through and try and make a decision...don't get discouraged or frustrated! The effort will pay off big time and you will end up with your perfect diamond - whether it's one in stock now or will pop up in the near future.

We're all here for you and will help however we can.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I was reading that table range should be from 54-57. This one is 57.7. Will it make a difference?

I dont want to compromise even after spending so much money :)

I will say this: my wife's diamond is an E SI1 bearing a 58% table with a 14.5% crown height and the light performance is absolutely wonderful.

The culet graded as "pointed" by AGS is the same as "none" by GIA.

nehadp

Rough_Rock
My mistake...I had ACA on the brain from all the various users, threads, and posts mentioning them!

I would not fear an ES from WF...they are covered by the same amazing return policy and upgrade program. I know it has been mentioned that you are overseas, so if it is too much of a hassle to make a return/exchange, then it may be best to stick with one of the ACA recommendations or a diamond from JA in your other thread.

I know it's a lot of recommendations to sift through and try and make a decision...don't get discouraged or frustrated! The effort will pay off big time and you will end up with your perfect diamond - whether it's one in stock now or will pop up in the near future.

We're all here for you and will help however we can.

I live in the USA, so I guess returns won't be a problem, maybe? Although I prefer to avoid returns, it's too frustrating. ACA for 2 carats with none fluorescence are a little out of my budget
I have been looking for a diamond since march, I am this close to giving up:P2:P2.
My question is: will I be ripped if I buy this diamond? For 30k will it have a good performance?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I live in the USA, so I guess returns won't be a problem, maybe? Although I prefer to avoid returns, it's too frustrating. ACA for 2 carats with none fluorescence are a little out of my budget
I have been looking for a diamond since march, I am this close to giving up:P2:P2.
My question is: will I be ripped if I buy this diamond? For 30k will it have a good performance?

You won't be ripped off. Whiteflash is highly recommended on this very forum for many good reasons: their customer service is amongst the best in the industry, their painless no hassle return policy, their amazing upgrade program, and all of their ACA, ES, and PS diamonds are in-house with an extreme amount of scrutinizing and vetting so that every customer is assured that they are getting the best possible cut quality and what almost everyone considers the perfect diamond proportions, measurements, and ratios.

There is no expiration on their upgrade policy: it's lifetime and you get 100% of your purchase price applied to any other diamond, as long as it's at least a measly $1 more in price. :)

Many other retailers with upgrade programs require the original buyer to spend at least twice as much as the original purchase.

Last edited:

nehadp

Rough_Rock
You won't be ripped off. Whiteflash is highly recommended on this very forum for many good reasons: their customer service is amongst the best in the industry, their painless no hassle return policy, their amazing upgrade program, and all of their ACA, ES, and PS diamonds are in-house with an extreme amount of scrutinizing and vetting so that every customer is assured that they are getting the best possible cut quality and what almost everyone considers the perfect diamond proportions, measurements, and ratios.

There is no expiration on their upgrade policy: it's lifetime and you get 100% of your purchase price applied to any other diamond, as long as it's at least a measly $1 more in price. :)

Many other retailers with upgrade programs require the original buyer to spend at least twice as much as the original purchase.

out of curiosity, can you tell me how good is the diamond linked below? It was shown to me at a jewelry store and it was about $32K.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
out of curiosity, can you tell me how good is the diamond linked below? It was shown to me at a jewelry store and it was about $32K.

The crown and pavilion angles would be considered complementing, but they are not within super ideal ranges.

The crown height of 14% is too shallow for my tastes, where I like to see 14.5% at a bare minimum but 15.0-15.5%.

Table width of 58% is at the absolute max for my preference, where as I like to see it between 54-57%.

LGF of 80% is at the my max end of the spectrum, and I prefer it between 75-76%.

How did it look to your eyes?

Screenshot_20210622-154416.png

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

AGS uses some slightly different language on their reports. They will say 'pointed' where GIA will use the word 'none'.

nehadp

Rough_Rock
The crown and pavilion angles would be considered complementing, but they are not within super ideal ranges.

The crown height of 14% is too shallow for my tastes, where I like to see 14.5% at a bare minimum but 15.0-15.5%.

Table width of 58% is at the absolute max for my preference, where as I like to see it between 54-57%.

LGF of 80% is at the my max end of the spectrum, and I prefer it between 75-76%.

How did it look to your eyes?

Screenshot_20210622-154416.png

it seemed okay. I don't know what specifies you are looking for when you said how it looked?
I am curious if the jeweler was charging me a decent $ for this diamond or it was a rip-off for $32k.
Just so that I keep this in mind if I ever have to buy something from them

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
it seemed okay. I don't know what specifies you are looking for when you said how it looked?
I am curious if the jeweler was charging me a decent $ for this diamond or it was a rip-off for $32k.
Just so that I keep this in mind if I ever have to buy something from them

Nothing specific...just wondering what you thought of it. If it was pleasing to you, because that is all that matters. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results