shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond?

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Thoughts on this diamond below? Based on my mediocre knowledge, the ASET images look good, Whiteflash said that it would fit into my setting and looks to be quite sparkly (performed well on HCA, I can't remember the score off the top of my head as it's on my other computer, but it was between the 1-2 range):

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4022281.htm?source=pricescope

I am looking to replace my sad, cloudy diamond and want to make sure I get it right this time around. I was leaning towards a mmd for a replacement, but I was having a hard time finding a local authorized jeweler that wasn't part of the chain that originally sold me the cloudy diamond. Whiteflash said they are an authorized jeweler for my designer setting and would be able to re-set my ring for me (score!).

Thoughts on the above? Likes, dislikes? Any other ones I might have missed that are comparable?

(Oh and here are my current stone measurements: 6.92 - 6.98 x 4.36 mm)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thoughts on this diamond below? Based on my mediocre knowledge, the ASET images look good, Whiteflash said that it would fit into my setting and looks to be quite sparkly (performed well on HCA, I can't remember the score off the top of my head as it's on my other computer, but it was between the 1-2 range):

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4022281.htm?source=pricescope

I am looking to replace my sad, cloudy diamond and want to make sure I get it right this time around. I was leaning towards a mmd for a replacement, but I was having a hard time finding a local authorized jeweler that wasn't part of the chain that originally sold me the cloudy diamond. Whiteflash said they are an authorized jeweler for my designer setting and would be able to re-set my ring for me (score!).

Thoughts on the above? Likes, dislikes? Any other ones I might have missed that are comparable?

I adore this one. It's lovely!!!! Edit. You don't need to worry about HCA score with a super ideal brand like ACA. This stone is gorgeous, and will blow your current stone out of the water.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I adore this one. It's lovely!!!!
@lovedogs !! I was hoping you would reply!! haha :love: It is slightly more than what I would like to spend but...hey, perfection comes at a price! Any red flags at all? I've been scouring whiteflash all day off and on to try to find any other potential ones but...I keep coming back to this one (and the rep I spoke to at whiteflash said this was the best one, even out of the other ones she recommended as similar).

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Oh, the only caveat the white flash rep told me is that this is one color grade lower than my little milky stone, so it might take some adjusting for me if I've gotten used to my H color diamond. But I don't think that would be a huge problem.

The only thing I'd be worried about is that my side stones (which were set by the designer) uses F-G and I just hope it wouldn't be too far off in color and clash.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will be beautiful! When you go with Whiteflash, you will always have a nice upgrade option as well. You may think you will never use it but many of us thought the same thing - lol!

I am glad you are choosing the real deal in a diamond. Not to say the other isn't pretty or cost effective, but for your engagement ring I think you will be very happy to have a real diamond!! I hope this works out for you to be the silver lining in a rather dark storm cloud. You deserve a sparkly diamond after this debacle!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ACA is a beautiful stone!

I'm sorry about what happened with the chain store (not surprised though). I would put that stone in a pendant and wear it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

The diamond is beautiful! I love that you’re going with Whiteflash because iif you ever change your mind later you can trade it in for 100% of the value. I know you said you would never trade it in but it’s a good idea to have it because you don’t know how you will feel in ten years...This diamond is a little smaller than your current diamond but because it’s so well cut and sparkly it probably won’t be that noticeable to you..I don’t know what Whiteflash’s exchange policy is but ask if you decide within a certain time frame that you would like to exchange it for an H...you have that option. I don’t think that would be a problem but check first. I would also pose the question to Whiteflash about your melee matching. I don’t think there’s that much difference but let them tell you..I’m excited for you!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It lovely. Send them your setting. Ask them to take pics with the ACA resting in the setting, but not set, so you can see if the side stone color bothers you. It would be easy to switch out at that point before they adjust the prongs and finalize the setting.

Last edited:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It lovely. Send them your setting. Ask them to take pics with the ACA resting in the setting, but not set, so you can see if the side stone color bothers you. It would be easy to switch out at that point before they adjust the prongs and finalize the setting.
This is what I would do!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've looked at a few different stones in WF's inventory but would agree the 1.177 I VS2 is probably the best overall from what I can see. The caveat being if that 1.311 stone that @SimoneDi is actually eye clean or not, as it will get you just over the 7mm mark. =)2

But given your clarity issues with the other stone, I suspect you are a little skiddish as well. If so, please rest assured that WF keeps certified gemologists on staff and can easily pull a stone from their vault and give you an HONEST opinion about color, clarity, etc. WF is rather fantastic, honest and transparent even if it costs them a sale -- that's rare, and why I frequently recommend them.

You've got some good advice thus far, especially about photo color comparison of old and new stone prior to setting. Also, just be honest and tell them if you are concerned and ask them to look at different lighting, etc as color shows differently based on the lighting environment.

A final thought -- if you find the I color too tinted for your preference, here is an alternate consideration for about $600 more.

BGD Blue, 1.197 G VS2 @ $8,537
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...1.198-g-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104089117016

55.6 table, 61.9 depth, 34.9 crown, 40.8 pavilion & 76 LGF

Carat weight is a slight increase, but dimensions are a push @ 6.79 x 6.83.

If you aren't aware, BGD Blue stones contain medium+ levels of blue fluor. They are selected and screened to ensure there are no clarity issues. This particular stone has a STRONG blue fluor as evidenced on the web page and AGS cert. Many people love fluor, some hate it. One thing is certain, SBF reduces the cost hence the reason you are able to score a G VS2 for nearly the same money as an I VS2.

BGD is also a very good company that is trustworthy. I am not certain if they are a dealer for your setting though. You would need to call Lesley and ask.

Also, you should know their trade-in program is different. While you get full value of your original stone, you must also upgrade 2 of the following 3 characteristics: carat weight, color or clarity. So it's not as flexible as the WF program, but still more lenient than many others.

Lastly I might note that the BGD Blue stones are cut on the same line as their Signature series (comparable to ACA's) but the Signature undergoes a more rigorous selection/elimination process. Consequently I encourage you to inspect the images closely to ensure all is good. Both the ASET and idealscope images on this stone look great. There is a minor imperfection on the ASET that I circled below but it should have no major effect. Right now WF has an I colored ACA with similar imperfection, but in the past I've seen Bryan @ WF downgrade his own stones from ACA's to Premium Select's for this.

I might add that a hearts image is also available upon request. It will be blue and will be emailed to you as they do not post hearts image on their website for their BGD Blue collection stones. But again, it's a quick ask to Lesley and she will happily oblige. Obviously we could critique it for you if you post.

Capture.PNG

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Update! Whiteflash ended up sending me a video of the two diamonds next to each other. They said that there is no hazyness nor cloudyness issues at all (even with the SI1) recommended by @SimoneDi.

What do you guys think?

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I am leaning more towards the 1.311, but am hesitant with the AGS report saying "additional clouds are not shown. It looks clean in the video and I do intend on having them send out the diamond to me to view in person before setting it- but would that comment be negligible as long as it is considered "eye clean"?

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'd go for the larger one IF it's eye clean and will fit your GORGEOUS setting!!! I don't think you'll see any cloudiness or haziness in either stone. I sure don't see any in the video. They're both stunning! So excited for you!!! :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am leaning more towards the 1.311, but am hesitant with the AGS report saying "additional clouds are not shown. It looks clean in the video and I do intend on having them send out the diamond to me to view in person before setting it- but would that comment be negligible as long as it is considered "eye clean"?
Don't worry about the clouds in an ACA. If it negatively affected brilliance they wouldnt have given it the ACA label. I'd go with the bigger one as long as it'll fit in your setting. Yay!!!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I asked Whiteflash about the 1.311ct being eye clean and they told me, "a member of our diamond team was able to locate the inclusions at 10 inches without magnification." Does this mean it should be a no go then?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked Whiteflash about the 1.311ct being eye clean and they told me, "a member of our diamond team was able to locate the inclusions at 10 inches without magnification." Does this mean it should be a no go then?
Just because someone could see the tiny inclusions doesn’t mean that you will, or that it will bother you. I really like the size difference and the lesser price tag. Why don’t you purchase it and have it shipped first to you? That way you can see the stone in person, compare it to your existing and decide if it’s the right for you. I have done this multiple times myself and it has been worth it every single time.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF's definition of eye clean is NO inclusions visible to the naked eye at 10" away. So effectively the stone is not eye clean per their definition.

Everyone's vision is slightly different so you can gamble as Simone noted. I will say if the gamble is for size only then noticing and appreciating a 0.20mm increase (1/128th inch) would indicate your vision is good and you'd likely see the inclusions as well.

Not to mention that lots of people can't unsee imperfections once they know they are there and see them just once.

But if you can keep the 1.177 VS2 on hold while you inspect the larger stone it would be a risk free ordeal.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I bit the bullet and ordered the 1.311! I figured it wouldn't hurt to look at it myself once they ship it out and make a decision from there. Fingers crossed! :)

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
Congrats! Let us know what you think!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
You guys, I'm so happy with the 1.3 ACA!! It is absolutely gorgeous in person and such a sparkler. I could literally see the light reflecting from it when we put it under the light. Here's a pic of it next to the windows natural light compared to my little milky.
20190313_220443.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys, I'm so happy with the 1.3 ACA!! It is absolutely gorgeous in person and such a sparkler. I could literally see the light reflecting from it when we put it under the light. Here's a pic of it next to the windows natural light compared to my little milky.
20190313_220443.jpg
omg YAYYYYY! That's so awesome looking. Hooray!!!!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HUUUGE difference! Congratulations on finding a gorgeous stone!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! So very glad for you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for you! What a tremendous difference!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for you @Rubymal! The new diamond will look stunning in your setting.

I do have one suggestion for your old stone - I realize that the store has been really difficult to work with, but perhaps see if they will let you exchange it for something else - like studs or a tennis bracelet or anything else that you will enjoy.

In any case, your story already has a happy ending!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An amazing difference. “Your little milky”. I laughter out my coffee. I agree about asking for “store credit” or something to exchange for - maybe a dainty set of stackers.

(Please also keep them away from making blob prongs)

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous stone! My J ACA e ring is in production and I'll never get over how WHITE it is!. It'll be gorgeous. Enjoy=)

IolantheJane

Rough_Rock
Rubymal, I’ve been following your diamond search since you posted on the lab created forum. This is a beautiful diamond, I’m so happy for you! Will you post a follow up once it’s set into your ring?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results