shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And there are plenty of people who would be just as happy with a GIA XXX diamond with "super ideal specs" or "near super ideal specs" rather than spend the premium on a branded super ideal diamond.
Jon from GOG was the go to guy for unbranded H&A stones, but since he left GOG I don't know where to go looking for unbranded H&A stones. GOG (Jon) used to post all the informations and images that I needed to know about each stone on their site.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jon from GOG was the go to guy for unbranded H&A stones, but since he left GOG I don't know where to go looking for unbranded H&A stones. GOG (Jon) used to post all the informations and images that I needed to know about each stone on their site.

I believe IDJ can find these as well. They are great to deal with.

krusty900

Rough_Rock
@Kaycee2018 I think your last paragraph sums it up. Her bestie just got engaged with a 1 carat from an average chain store and my gf would be more than happy with that. It’s looks quite average to me and my untrained eye though. So a gia xxx would be a huge step above this. Anyways, will post back when I get a look at the pre loved one.
Thanks everyone :)

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Kaycee2018 I think your last paragraph sums it up. Her bestie just got engaged with a 1 carat from an average chain store and my gf would be more than happy with that. It’s looks quite average to me and my untrained eye though. So a gia xxx would be a huge step above this. Anyways, will post back when I get a look at the pre loved one.
Thanks everyone :)

To clarify, @krusty900 , not all GIA XXX are created equal (GIA XXX covers a broad range of cuts, many of which are less than desirable), but you can find some with ideal or very near super ideal specs without the markup of “branded super ideals”. Simply selecting a GIA XXX diamond does not guarantee a top performer. I’d still recommend posting the specs here for opinions and guidance. There are certain angles that work better together, etc. and GIA XXX does not account for that, but the experts here will be happy to help.

krusty900

Rough_Rock
Thanks @Kaycee2018, for sure. I have been doing some searching and the majority of gia excellent cut stones do not fit in the required angles at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results