shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rothana

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I have been reading up on pricescope for about a month now. This place is great. I recently found a diamond which seemed to fit most of the specs laid out here but did not seem to sparkle like some of the ones I''ve seen at B&Ms... however this may have been due to a lighting difference. Here are the specs, please let me know your thoughts.

GIA Report
Round Brilliant
6.67-6.70x3.99
1.06 carats
Depth: 59.7%
Table: 57%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Clarity: VS2
Color: F
Flourescence: None

Sarin Report
Round AGS1.07 ct0
Diam: 6.67 mm (6.66-6.68) mm
Depth: 3.98 mm 59.7%
Crown: 34.2 14.4% 0
Pavil.: 40.8 42.9% 0
Table: 3.82 mm 57.3% 0
Culet: 0.6% Very Small 0
Girdle: 0.9% 0.7% Thin 0 1.2% Thin 0 0

As you can see there are some differences between the Sarin and GIA reports... The price was $7400.

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Well, it scores a fabulous 1 on the HCA--EX/Ex/Ex/Ex--rare! It's got a good spread b/c of the depth & thin girdle. But the eye is the final frontier--can you compare it with other stones, perhaps with a little more depth (60-61% range)?

Perhaps the experts can explain further.
1.gif

rothana

Rough_Rock
Anyone have any ideas on what else I can do to verify that this ring will have really good brilliance? Since I'm buying this over the net, I cannot look at it under an idealscope,etc...

synth19

Rough_Rock
Also, since it's online, it's hard to tell how it really look like from a digital pic, maybe that's the reason for the lack of sparkle?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Can the internet vendor you are using provide an IdealScope image? Or BrillianceScope results? More pictures?

I'd try to get some more images. If that's not possible, does the vendor have a good return policy, in case you're disappointed when you receive the diamond?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Also, ask the vendor to pull the stone and "eyeball" it for you. All the vendors that post here on PS are more than willing to do that, and they are remarkably honest and open about what they see.

And if you have it sent to an independent appraiser, you really can't go wrong. It looks like a GREAT stone... certainly worth further investigation (IMHO)!

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results