shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Diamond- 1.21 G VS1 Medium Blue Fluorescence

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Below is the report link for the 1.26. Most of the ASET/H&A images I've seen for all these CanadaMarks look computer generated. Is that something I should be concerned about or can I trust them? I'm dealing with a bunch of different cutters in India so I kind of doubt they will be able to provide me with real ASET/ID/H&A if I ask for them. Already a bit hard enough for them to give me the computer-generated ones since it doesn't always seem standard practice and they have to special-request them sometimes for me.

GIA
numbers explain the ASET,
55% stars with a 58 table and a 36 crown is nuts.
This one is between the ones above that are a go and the ones that are a no-go.
scan generated images are ok if enough other info is available but they are not 100% accurate and sometimes can be error prone.

mugatu300

Rough_Rock
numbers explain the ASET,
55% stars with a 58 table and a 36 crown is nuts.
This one is between the ones above that are a go and the ones that are a no-go.
scan generated images are ok if enough other info is available but they are not 100% accurate and sometimes can be error prone.

Thank you again Karl. Your help is very much appreciated since I want to ensure I purchase something that she will adore forever. I've been searching 4 months (way longer than I expected) for these Canadian stones and so far the 4 below are the clear winners (have referenced here before). Just want to confirm these all have your stamp of approval before I pursue possible purchase because I really trust your expertise. All 4 are OK correct? I realize super-ideal is unlikely with these CanadaMarks but hope these will still pass in your eye.

A: https://site.kapugems.com/#/dna/18034590?key=7tRvkp#UUxy1sXx0GZhTQX5GmY4@k5pr

B: http://diadna.com/DiamondView.aspx?pid=1502011600

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes all are ok.
While not super-ideal they are better than the steep/deep gia ex that are so common on the market.

mugatu300

Rough_Rock
Yes all are ok.
While not super-ideal they are better than the steep/deep gia ex that are so common on the market.

Great. Thanks so much! And finally, when you say "55% stars with a 58 table and a 36 crown is nuts", do you have a general guidelines for star-table-crown relationship? For instance, what the proper star% is for different tables/crowns? I've read previously on the proper relationships between crown and pavilion angles but haven't seen anything yet on proper star%. Thanks again in advance.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
A full explanation of star% is 2 long for doing on the couch and sitting at the computer sets off the pinched nerve in my elbow and probably neck.
Remind me in 2-3 months if your still interested.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I found an old thread where I explained the star%.

mugatu300

Rough_Rock
I found an old thread where I explained the star%.

Thank you very much for the info. Makes sense now.

The 1.22 H VVS2 I've previously sent had been my favorite and I was ready to proceed with purchase but then I also saw it listed on JamesAllen and was not in love with the video. Am I overthinking things or do you agree that it is not great looking?

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...xcellent-cut-sku-15957194?a_aid=55f8cd4e21a11

Also, I found two more stones from a different cutter. Not sure if you like any of these (or like them more than the 1.22 above)? The 1.51 has very nice H&A but not the greatest ASET. Price is very good tho and its an eye-clean Si1. The 1.2 has better proportions and nice ASET/IdealScope but not the best H&A and small inclusion on table. Both stones are better color than the 1.22 H.
Sr.NoHDIMGDIGICERTIShapeStone IDCla.Col.CaratBase Amt
4HDIMGDigiGIARBC8211850318SI1G1.5112635.54
1663606914349.png

Sr.NoHDIMGDIGICERTIShapeStone IDCla.Col.CaratBase Amt
6HDIMGDigiGIARBC4212060044VS1F1.2010412.64

1663607537476.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1.51 the grade setting inclusion is a cloud and it says clouds not shown so there is a good chance of some transparency issues.

1.20 F/vs1 not the best, not bad either.

mugatu300

Rough_Rock
1.51 the grade setting inclusion is a cloud and it says clouds not shown so there is a good chance of some transparency issues.

1.20 F/vs1 not the best, not bad either.

My previous top contender was the 1.22 H I've previously mentioned. But once I saw the video of it at JA, sort of fell out of favor with me. Wasn't in love with it.

That said, is it still superior to these two newest 1.51 and 1.20?
Regarding transparency, here is the video of the 1.51 if that helps at all: https://media.hdfiles.in:8520/hd.aspx?StoneId=50C92688-E77B-4AD1-AA81-9DD5A3E143DA

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1.51 looks ok in the video but you can not tell 100% from a video.
The 1.20 is in the same class as the others above.
Not the best but not bad.
The ja video is making that stone look much worse than the other videos, its the lighting.

mugatu300

Rough_Rock

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
How bout this one? As good as those 5 or a step below? https://view.diadna.com/dna/1402005801
This is one that tests worse than it looks.
ASET looks ok, IS has a to bright back light but its usable and passes. Hearts are a bit of a mess like most of those you found but they are more consistent than a lot of the others. Another very good not great not bad enough to be meh and beats the steep deeps. Face up is going to look fine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results