shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this CAD?

JenRN

Rough_Rock
Hi all!
Got to sell my OEC and purchased an AMAZING 2.5 ct oval. Here is the CAD I got from the jeweler and wanted thoughts. Here’s what I asked for:
Double edge halo
A halo that didn’t overwhelm the diamond
Cathedral Setting
Tapered towards the top of the halo
Two toned—-halo will be platinum and rest of ring yellow gold. Any thoughts or advice appreciated! 4EA29FA1-4607-4799-821A-35BEB9C7EE99.jpeg BDF8E840-E4FE-4186-9606-BA2A71F09A3C.jpeg 13DF885E-0764-4F24-B5E4-73B50ED2F570.jpeg

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I only can tell that this ring is going to be absolutely beautiful.

JenRN

Rough_Rock
I only can tell that this ring is going to be absolutely beautiful.

Thank you so much! That’s so kind. I’ll be sure to post pics when it’s done :)

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Is this Alex?

I saw your stone in his IG.

The halo is going to be flat and just kind of sit there. Do you want that? You are also going to see a tiny bit of metal around the stones.

I have a flat- style pave halo and a curved onebi could show as an example if you want. Neither is wrong, but it will not have a curve to your hand and you will see metal in the melee settings.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That oval on Alex's IG was gorgeous, I'm not even a huge fan of ovals but that one changed my mind :kiss2:

JenRN

Rough_Rock
Is this Alex?

I saw your stone in his IG.

The halo is going to be flat and just kind of sit there. Do you want that? You are also going to see a tiny bit of metal around the stones.

I have a flat- style pave halo and a curved onebi could show as an example if you want. Neither is wrong, but it will not have a curve to your hand and you will see metal in the melee settings.

Yes, can you show me both? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a curved one. I appreciate it. And yes, it’s Alex! He’s been amazing so far!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Yes, can you show me both? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a curved one. I appreciate it. And yes, it’s Alex! He’s been amazing so far!

Sure. Here is the more "flat halo"- it has the same structure as your CAD. Not wrong, it is actually quite sturdy, but is not as refined looking as the other style that is curved to the finger. Do you see how it is a metal frame, basically? And you can see the tiny peeks of metal coming through? I will get you a side profile shot when I can take a photo tonight.

JenRN

Rough_Rock
Sure. Here is the more "flat halo"- it has the same structure as your CAD. Not wrong, it is actually quite sturdy, but is not as refined looking as the other style that is curved to the finger. Do you see how it is a metal frame, basically? And you can see the tiny peeks of metal coming through? I will get you a side profile shot when I can take a photo tonight.

IMG_20200618_112928.jpg

IMG_20200618_113321.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Here is the more curved style. Every diamond is set individually in this method, in it's own little setting, versus a metal face. Your double halo request, around the edge, becomes a bit more challenging with this method,and may not work at all, but I personally, myself, prefer the curved setting in this set if I had to pick. Both are beautiful, but there is something more graceful about the construction method of the ring with the lighter sapphire below. It is curved down and slopes. The other is more static. However, if you are really wanting that little exterior halo, I am not sure the best way to do that with the setting below, unless it is around the doughnut.

755807 755805 755804 755803

JenRN

Rough_Rock

IMG_20200618_112928.jpg

IMG_20200618_113321.jpg

Yes! I see it!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I see it!

I will get a profile shot for you later. It is a very sturdy construction method, but the question is do you want to see any metal? Because you will. The CAD basically has a metal plate, just like yours does, where he will set your stones into the plate. Nothing wrong with it, but it is a question of do you want that or not. I like both rings a lot actually. I worry less about damaging the "flat" or plate style one, but it is a slightly different look.

JenRN

Rough_Rock
I will get a profile shot for you later. It is a very sturdy construction method, but the question is do you want to see any metal? Because you will. The CAD basically has a metal plate, just like yours does, where he will set your stones into the plate. Nothing wrong with it, but it is a question of do you want that or not. I like both rings a lot actually. I worry less about damaging the "flat" or plate style one, but it is a slightly different look.

I think I’m going to look up more pictures tonight to be sure Of what I want because they are both beautiful.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think I’m going to look up more pictures tonight to be sure Of what I want because they are both beautiful.

If you decide you like the more curved method, that ring is the CvB Delilah. He can look it up for construction style and there are many others that are similar, but that's the setting for that one. However, that setting is over $3k too, so there is that too, as I think it is a more labor intensive method.

Last edited:

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure if it's possible to do a curved halo for micropave and have the double edge. I would talk to the CAD designer and get their input. For micropave, I don't believe the curved halo is necessary.

I would also ask for the total height from finger to tip of stone- it looks like it will be quite high currently.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@molecule I don't think you could do both either with the curved individual set.

I have seen others that do a more curved construction even with 1 pointers in the micropave though, rather than a flat metal plate and they have tilted or tapered the plate. It's all preference though!

JenRN

Rough_Rock
If you decide you like the more curved method, that ring is the CvB Delilah. He can look it up for construction style and there are many others that are similar, but that's the setting for that one. However, that setting is over $3k too, so there is that too, as I think it is a more labor intensive method.

Thank you!

JenRN

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure if it's possible to do a curved halo for micropave and have the double edge. I would talk to the CAD designer and get their input. For micropave, I don't believe the curved halo is necessary.

I would also ask for the total height from finger to tip of stone- it looks like it will be quite high currently.

Perfect thanks for pointing that out!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

Your rings are beautiful indeed! What is the lighter stone? Alex?

L

lydial

Here is the more curved style. Every diamond is set individually in this method, in it's own little setting, versus a metal face. Your double halo request, around the edge, becomes a bit more challenging with this method,and may not work at all, but I personally, myself, prefer the curved setting in this set if I had to pick. Both are beautiful, but there is something more graceful about the construction method of the ring with the lighter sapphire below. It is curved down and slopes. The other is more static. However, if you are really wanting that little exterior halo, I am not sure the best way to do that with the setting below, unless it is around the doughnut.

IMG_20200525_105642.jpg IMG_20200525_105127.jpg IMG_20200525_105137.jpg IMG_20200525_105157.jpg

Hi, I am considering this style from Caysie for an upcoming project. can you please post a photo of the underneath portion? Thank you!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG. I am soooooo happy that over went to a PSer because that is seriously the best oval ever!

Wanted to suggest since you are having this two tone, i would see about having the diamond v bridge done in platinum so it carries that two tone to the side view. I kinda did that with my profile ring

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My preference is not to have the stone's girdle above the setting. At the same level instead.

If you want it to be a tighter halo, I'd do a tilt and angle the halo. 20 degrees? Less flying saucer effect.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!
Got to sell my OEC and purchased an AMAZING 2.5 ct oval. Here is the CAD I got from the jeweler and wanted thoughts. Here’s what I asked for:
Double edge halo
A halo that didn’t overwhelm the diamond
Cathedral Setting
Tapered towards the top of the halo
Two toned—-halo will be platinum and rest of ring yellow gold. Any thoughts or advice

appreciated! 4EA29FA1-4607-4799-821A-35BEB9C7EE99.jpeg BDF8E840-E4FE-4186-9606-BA2A71F09A3C.jpeg
13DF885E-0764-4F24-B5E4-73B50ED2F570.jpeg

your ring will look gorgeous, can’t wait to see a hand shot when done. I saw the stone on Alex’s IG and was in awe. I am in the process of looking for an oval, may I ask what color your stone is?

JenRN

Rough_Rock
your ring will look gorgeous, can’t wait to see a hand shot when done. I saw the stone on Alex’s IG and was in awe. I am in the process of looking for an oval, may I ask what color your stone is?

The stone on IG was I. Good luck on your search!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results