shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Australian seller?

Kayelle

Rough_Rock
In the search for a compromise of cost vs. want, and being in Australia where our AUD isn't great at the moment, I have come across this Australian seller. I did a mock ring through their site and the prices in AUD were comparable to ones I've done on US sites (e.g. a ring cost roughly $3500 AUD on their site, but cost me $3500 US on a different US site which equates then to approx $5000AUD).

It states they only use type 11a mined diamonds. They do have a retail store in three main capital cities, and planning expansion to Canada and US!
They seem to offer lifetime diamond upgrade, lifetime warranty, 30 return policy.

They also provide IGI certificates.

I'm thinking this could be the way to go for me, considering I won't have to worry about importing taxes, shipping from US to Australia, exchange rates.

Thoughts?? Would love someone to have a look at their inventory and tell me what you think, compared to some US retailers?
Nova Diamonds:

My dream ring is:
- 6 prong brilliant round in pave setting, with 18k yellow gold band (shank) and white gold claw
- at least H or above colour, approx 0.85-0.95ct stone
- ideal cut, VS2 and above

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My concern with lab diamonds under 1 carat is them holding value. As time passes more manufacturers will come on board and prices, especially on smaller size diamonds, will drop. Maybe drop a lot.
when Moissanite first came out the prices were like $1,000 a carat, heaps cheaper than diamond, but nowadays with China and India manufacturing you can buy 1 carat Moissanite for under $50.
In any regard, I’d still Use the HCA tool to plug in the numbers.
and don’t forget you will still pay 10% GST.

Kayelle

Rough_Rock
My concern with lab diamonds under 1 carat is them holding value. As time passes more manufacturers will come on board and prices, especially on smaller size diamonds, will drop. Maybe drop a lot.
when Moissanite first came out the prices were like $1,000 a carat, heaps cheaper than diamond, but nowadays with China and India manufacturing you can buy 1 carat Moissanite for under $50.
In any regard, I’d still Use the HCA tool to plug in the numbers.
and don’t forget you will still pay 10% GST.

Thanks for your reply... we're not really in a hurry (although it would be nice to have my ring) so I may see what prices are doing in the next 6-12 months.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results