shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this ACA Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Driver

Rough_Rock
First of all, credit and thanks to all of the members of this forum--I''ve been a silent observer for some time taking in the ENDLESS stream of information that has been provided. I am simply a beginner and always will be but certainly learned a thing here and there from all the threads. With that, on with the biggest purchase of my life:

http://whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-78232.htm

I echo all of the fantastic things that have been said so far of Whiteflash as well as comments regarding their A Cut Above Princess diamonds. I compared this particular stone side-by-side with a few of their Expert Selection stones of comparable grade and could indeed see the difference. The true test?--I looked at them on a stand-alone basis and could still notice the superior quality of the ACA. While a Princess will never achieve the performance of a RB, the ACA does a pretty good job of coming close!! For someone who is comfortable depending on others more knowledgeable, the ACA is the way to go. AGS0 Ideal works and Brian has generations of experience and knowledge behind him. See it in person if you can--I think one fellow PS poster put up some pics from his/her visit to WF earlier this year.

Soooo...would appreciate any comments from any and all, good and bad. Good stone? Did I use the research appropriately and make the right decision? Good deal? On that note, I obviously had to pony up for the IF--I would''ve MUCH rather preferred a VS stone but I''ve been looking for MONTHS, and high quality, colorless 1.5 ct Princesses are near-impossible to find. Not to mention that the ACA Princesses were just launched (I think I''m one of the first buyers) so not a huge inventory there either... (That said, I did receive a slight discount but I promised not to disclose the final price.
1.gif
)

Brian and company are hard at work with a setting--will post when the project is completed.
1.gif

Thanks again, Pricescope!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! 1.5 f/if
18.gif
that''s impressive!
i am very much looking forward to seeing the final product.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning princess! AWESOME symmetry, and a nice-looking IS.
Can''t wait to see the setting you pick.

Yes, the folks at WF are top-notch! My husband worked with them on my e-ring, after I was able to visit in person to check out some stones.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Driver-

As a princess fan I beg of you, PLEASE post pictures when you get them!!
30.gif
18.gif
36.gif

Driver

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments so far.
1.gif

The "ideal" diamond would''ve been a D VS1/2 for me, but like I said, I had a hard enough time getting a hold of 1.5 ct AGS0 DEF Princess... Ironically enough, clarity ranks lowest among the four Cs for me personally and I ended up having to go with an IF. Nuts.

No matter--there''s always the potential for an upgrade later on, although something tells me that she''ll be keeping this one no matter what and if anything will want ANOTHER pretty rock.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Wow Wow

Can you describe what about the ACA princess looked different than the other stones?
I''m curious.

Driver

Rough_Rock
In no particularly technical terminology, the ACA was "more sparkly" than the ES.

The ACA had more frequent flashes of light as I rolled it side to side versus the ES and the flashes occurred more consistently. Perhaps it was specific to the particular ES I was looking at, but the ES had flashes towards the outer edges--towards the middle of the stone, it was almost like there was a hole (perhaps not that extreme) but I just wasn''t seeing flashes of light there. Going back to the ACA, you could tell there were flashes all across the face and they flashed more frequently.

Perhaps the frequency and distribution of light flashes aren''t discernible when looking at the stones on a standalone basis--the ES could work I''m sure--but my girlfriend clearly said she wanted something that sparkled (obviously). That''s all she really cares about in the end, so in a Princess cut, this is the best that I had seen...

Driver

Rough_Rock
The deed is finally done and she said yes!!!

First off, advice to those who intend to surprise their girlfriends: remember to use a secret screenname!! I should have used more discretion when I created my account here on PS, but brushed it off and used my normal screen name:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opinions-on-stone.49171/=

The little lady started doing her own research and it''s no surprise that the first Google search revealed my post since I was trying to get her exactly what she wanted!

In any case, I quit using the chump413 screenname, returned the stone and upgraded to an ACA (lucky her--already upgrading before she even got it) and started posting under Driver. Went to Atlantis in the Bahamas this weekend, proposed and finally unloaded the ring.

Special thanks go to Brian Gavin and Bob Hoskins at Whiteflash for making my girlfriend’s—ack, fiancée now!—dreams come true. It’s exactly what she wanted and she won’t even part with it for a day to get it resized (seems she was slightly off on her ring size--need 4.25 instead of 4.5).

We still need to take some more pics, but the bling factor is quite impressive. As I''ve said in earlier posts, getting RB-grade brilliance and sparkle in a Princess Cut is impossible, but the ACA (and this stone in particular) comes awfully close--it''s certainly enough sparkle for her and that''s all that matters in the end...

Also, thank you to PS and all the members for your priceless advice and knowledge--couldn''t have learned what I needed to learn in a brief two months without you...

E-Ring Pics.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story!
The ring is absolutely breathtaking!
I can''t wait to see hand shots!
Congratulations to you both!!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, that setting is gorgeous!!! Is that a custom wf design? Congratulations on being engaged, I can see why she is so thrilled. You did a wonderful job picking this out.

Driver

Rough_Rock
The ring is custom and evidence that Whiteflash can tailor make anything you want--we opted for something simple and elegant but I''m sure they can do whatever you can think of.

The band is a simple 2.1 mm micropave band with small ACA rounds. The head is a new design by Whiteflash--originally for rounds but they have re-engineered it for a Princess cut. I think it''s a nice variation from the traditional/standard "bar across the prongs" design... I like to say the little wave stands for the W in Whiteflash...

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations!

hand shots, please

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I love the ring, the stone...all of it! Congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results